Morning vs. night restriction fluctuation - annoying!!!!!!!

Amada

That is one of the reasons that they say you still have to work with the band. You will have to learn the difference between head hunger and real hunger. This is a difficult time for me aswell, and I just have to be strong and not allow myself to indulge. Also try having something warm to drink before you eat lunch that way you can eat more easily. Good luck, keep up the hard work.

Shy

I can only speak about me and my experience with my band. This has always been my problem. In the morning is really hard to eat and even drink, but then thought the day my band loosen up and some days I eat really good at night and some days the restriction stays all day and night. It is weird, but that is the way it has been with me. Some days I have too much restriction and some days I have some restriction I just had to learn to use my band as a tool. That is what it really is "A TOOL". Well good luck in your weight lose.

A week after my first fill, I can barely eat anything during the day. I am not hungry at all, I have a few bites and I am stuffed.

Beginning around 7 p.m., I am ravenous. I can eat and eat and eat. What's the deal? Will it always be this way?

I get my protein in early with Muscle Milk.

Are you trying hot drinks to loosen you up? Same thing happens to me, but coffe gets me going. I start loosing up mid afternoon. I try to eat all my dinner before 7:00.

One of two situations:

1. Because you just received your first fill and just getting used to restriction you are learning to "listen" to your body. The band is a tool that you will learn to use properly, it takes time. Therefore, your fill may not have "kicked in" as of yet. I know my fills don't kick in until about week 2 or 3, then I can really feel the restriction! As time goes, It can vary from day to day, sometimes really good restriction, other days it could be better.

2. Most people feel the band "loosen" up later in the afternoon, however be aware! If you are taking your protiens early and know that you have met your calorie intake, you will need to use WILLPOWER to control yourself from eating too much. I know that getting another fill is not the answer because you don't want to be SO tight that you cant even hold liquids.

And I know that you got the band to HELP you, but you have to help it too... work in sync and you will be alright.

OH, and also drink water, or any other low cal liquids BEFORE you eat...sometimes you may "THINK" you are hungry, but liquids can hold you over until your next scheduled meal.

Hope this info helps :-?

Well tonight I had a small NSV because I was sooo hungry, I went to Arby's and got a chicken sandwich and a chicken salad. I love their chicken salads and use my own low-fat dressing. I ate the chicken sandwich first over about 20 minutes. Then I was full. Like, totally full.

I kept the salad next to me for awhile thinking I would eat it too, but I decided not to. I stayed full. So I put it in the fridge for tomorrow.

That was a really big deal because I really had planned to eat both I think...

Maybe the bread from the bun helped me stay full?

One of two situations:

1. Because you just received your first fill and just getting used to restriction you are learning to "listen" to your body. The band is a tool that you will learn to use properly, it takes time. Therefore, your fill may not have "kicked in" as of yet. I know my fills don't kick in until about week 2 or 3, then I can really feel the restriction! As time goes, It can vary from day to day, sometimes really good restriction, other days it could be better.

2. Most people feel the band "loosen" up later in the afternoon, however be aware! If you are taking your protiens early and know that you have met your calorie intake, you will need to use WILLPOWER to control yourself from eating too much. I know that getting another fill is not the answer because you don't want to be SO tight that you cant even hold liquids.

And I know that you got the band to HELP you, but you have to help it too... work in sync and you will be alright.

OH, and also drink water, or any other low cal liquids BEFORE you eat...sometimes you may "THINK" you are hungry, but liquids can hold you over until your next scheduled meal.

Hope this info helps :-?

EXCELLENT post Julie! I TOTALLY, TOTALLY agree with your post! If you hadn't said this, I would have.

Yes, each person is different and the same goes for their fills. Remember, I mentioned your first fill is a "primer" to get use to being tighter. If you follow the fill diet afterwards for a bit, you would have some restriction and lose some weight. I did the first week and then the restriction was going downhill and I was using a lot more willpower. My 2nd fill is a totally different story. I had my 2nd fill on Dec 20, and it didn't kick in until 5 days later and I am still having the same restriction 30 days since my fill. It is AWESOME!

Again, PLAN your protein intake thought the day. Spread it out. I, personally, have more proteins in the early evenings for the reason you just said, being hungry. I drink up to 5 to 15 minutes before I eat my meal, and I make sure I drink something about 45 min to an hour afterwards, to continue hydrating and quenching my thirst.

Lastly, I still take my Fiber Choice or Metamucil for the hunger pangs. Although the Metamucil capsules as starting to get difficult in taking due to my tighter restriction, I would do the Fiber Choice then.

Hope this helps!

Hi Amanda,

I too have ravenous hunger towards the end of the day (although this was true pre-band), but I am just a couple of days into my first fill, and so haven't found the level of restriction that you (and a lot of others on here) are describing. Did the restriction kick in right away or did it take some time? I am feeling like I don't have enough.