Shoulder Pain!!

Ok it has been 8 days since surgery at this point and had no gas pain in my shoulder until 2 days ago and then BAM the last 2-3 days I have had the worst pain in the collar bone area in my shoulder! Nothing helps it either!

Sorry just had to vent a little because I know you guys understand!

At this point, its probably related to inflammation in the diaphram causing the phrenic nerve to be aggravated. Ibuprofen can help with the inflammation and help reduce the pain. Rememer, the shoudler dies not acually hurt. Its a referred pain from the diapgram with makes us think our should hurts. Weird, huh? I'm going in for my second fill tomorrow and hopefully mind doesn't come back. :)

At this point, its probably related to inflammation in the diaphram causing the phrenic nerve to be aggravated. Ibuprofen can help with the inflammation and help reduce the pain. Rememer, the shoudler dies not acually hurt. Its a referred pain from the diapgram with makes us think our should hurts. Weird, huh? I'm going in for my second fill tomorrow and hopefully mind doesn't come back. :)

Don't take a lot of Ibuprofen......

I hear you girl!

I had similar problems. These things helped me:

1) heating pad whenever possible

2) keeping my work outs very light (walking)

3) not drinking more than 4 oz at a time

4) Low stress (yeh right)

5) warm liquids

6) Tylenol and ibuprofen (not on an empty stomach)

Hang in there. It doesn't seem to last too long in most people ;)

I was banded in september and I still get shoulder pain from time to time. And at times, it REALLY hurts. I agree with the warm liqiuids - they seem to help lots. Hang in there because it does get better.