PB question

If PB stands for productive burp, does that mean it only happens in a burp? Is coughing up food the same thing? That's happened to me a few times. Just now I ate a hard boiled egg (something I thought would be easy to go down) and felt that tight feeling in my chest. I burped several times and felt some relief, and then started coughing and up came some egg and a whole bunch of saliva.

Basically, did I PB?

YEP! That is a PB. I have not actually burped when it happend to me (only once). I felt that same tightness, coughed and up came my last bite! Thank goodness It hasn't happened since. I eat very slow and chew the dickens out of my food now.

Amanda - - yep def. a PB. I have had several of those and also since having my 2nd, 3rd and 4th fills I have to be VERY careful what I eat and how well I chew, how big of bite I take etc... otherwise I will throw everything back up. Be very mindful, especially if feeling very restricted, what you choose to eat and pay attention to how big of a bite you take and how well you chew it. I cannot eat any bread products what-so-ever, have difficulty with anything 'gooey' or sticky, can't eat chicken very easily and red meat I have to chew extra long. :huh: this band is mighty tricky! lol

If PB stands for productive burp, does that mean it only happens in a burp? Is coughing up food the same thing? That's happened to me a few times. Just now I ate a hard boiled egg (something I thought would be easy to go down) and felt that tight feeling in my chest. I burped several times and felt some relief, and then started coughing and up came some egg and a whole bunch of saliva.

Basically, did I PB?

Yep! You are officially initated to the "Club PB!" I had the same issue, including the burp, when I tried to eat a McDonald's chicken nugget, with the breading off...no can do and it was stuck! This is a huge realization that we need to take smaller bites and chew it up good before swallowing...