Travel TJ

I was lucking to already know 3 people who had there lap bands done in TJ so I have already decided to get it done and plan on calling next week to set up a surgery date. My question is has anyone had any trouble while in TJ? I know they currently have alerts set for some of the border areas including TJ. My husband and I would like to go before things get worse but are curious to know of any trouble any one might of had during there trip? Also does anyone recommend a time frame to stay.... I have read a few post where people stated they wish they stated longer for the travel back was miserable? What is the average stay?

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

I was lucking to already know 3 people who had there lap bands done in TJ so I have already decided to get it done and plan on calling next week to set up a surgery date. My question is has anyone had any trouble while in TJ? I know they currently have alerts set for some of the border areas including TJ. My husband and I would like to go before things get worse but are curious to know of any trouble any one might of had during there trip? Also does anyone recommend a time frame to stay.... I have read a few post where people stated they wish they stated longer for the travel back was miserable? What is the average stay?

Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

I was just down there and we walked all around and had no trouble I stayed 2 nights at the hotel and then drove back to yuma with no problems I felt great

I hope this helps If you have any more question just ask It was the best ever.

I was banded on a Thursday and flew across the country home on Saturday and let me tell you I was in tears by the time I got home (6 hours on a plane and 2 hour drive home from the airport) you definitely dont want to be sitting that long - my stomach ached!

I wish I hadn't traveled so soon since I was so far away.

I am in Arizona but it is still a 4.5 hour drive from my place to the airport in Phoenix and less than an hour flight. I think the driving time is what worries me more than anything. I guess if I am feeling bad after the flight we can crash at my Dad's place in the valley (not like I have to get back to work right away or anything). Although sometimes your own bed is the best remedy!

I am glad to here things went well and you made it home. Can't wait to hear about your progress!

I am in Arizona but it is still a 4.5 hour drive from my place to the airport in Phoenix and less than an hour flight. I think the driving time is what worries me more than anything. I guess if I am feeling bad after the flight we can crash at my Dad's place in the valley (not like I have to get back to work right away or anything). Although sometimes your own bed is the best remedy!

I am glad to here things went well and you made it home. Can't wait to hear about your progress!

I am in Arizona also, but we drove to the border instead of flying. We left the morning after the surgery and drove to Yuma for the night, then on to Phoenix the next day. It is kind of a blur to me - I think I enjoyed the pills too much LOL.

Friday I drove to the airport (2 hr drive), flew to TJ and had my first fill, spent the night and flew back on Saturday. It was pretty easy flying - the time in the air is only 55 minutes so you should be ok - especially with the pills.

Judi

It was definitely a weird feeling being in TJ but not un-safe at all! We only went from the border to the clinic to the hotel and visa versa and all via the OCC shuttles so we were totally fine. The only scary thing was trying to cross the street without getting run over!!

One weird thing I did read in the hotel's guest information book was to not take a taxi off the street only out front of the hotel or if you call for one. My husband and I were out walking around the street outside the Lucerna and the taxi's driving by all slowed down honked at us, but we didn't need to use any taxis anyway so it didn't matter.

Just be safe and be aware and you'll be fine! The OCC and Lucerna staff were awesome!!

I live in Northern Alberta. I takes a whole day to get there. So we went for two days before the surgery...had surgery, left early the next morning - at 630 am. They wanted me to stay another day just to make sure - but I knew from other surgeries that Id be the least sore the day after. Anyways - the bus picked me up from the clinic at 6:30 am, we then picked up my friend from Hotel Lucerna. Then - it took about I dunno 30-45 min at the border...we walked across and met the van. After our two flights - and then driving 5 hours - we got home at 1am...I was REALLY bloated....but honestly thought it would be worse.

I am going for my first fill feb 7. I am going to actually be in tj at noonish on the 5th, and we leave noonish on the 10th. This time we are staying a few days. I met another girl michelleintj and she is taking us to san diego to shop and to the zoo :) We will also go out a few nights - once in TJ where we went out last time and probably once in san diego.

We didnt see anything happen while we were there - (my surg was dec 22) and Ill update u guys again when I go in Feb.

Just be cautious of your suroundings at all times. :)

I am in Saskatchewan.. I am hoping to be having surgey on the 5th or 6th of Feb. So I might see you there. I want to spend the 3 night in TJ and then spend 3 or 4 nights in San Diego. To shop/visit/sight see and enjoy some warm weather. Where in Northern AB are you??

It was definitely a weird feeling being in TJ but not un-safe at all! We only went from the border to the clinic to the hotel and visa versa and all via the OCC shuttles so we were totally fine. The only scary thing was trying to cross the street without getting run over!!

One weird thing I did read in the hotel's guest information book was to not take a taxi off the street only out front of the hotel or if you call for one. My husband and I were out walking around the street outside the Lucerna and the taxi's driving by all slowed down honked at us, but we didn't need to use any taxis anyway so it didn't matter.

Just be safe and be aware and you'll be fine! The OCC and Lucerna staff were awesome!!

I am up in the White Mountains......and love it here I will let you know my date as soon as I get it.... to me the sooner the better... I am not very good at waiting.