Alcohol and the Band

Hi All,

Well, it's been over a year since I've had any alcohol and 5 months since I've been banded. Tonight I went out with some friends and decided to order a glass of white wine. I drank about half of it over the course of a couple hours coupled with about two glasses of water. Now, I have the worst sour stomach I can remember in a loooong while. (I didn't eat anything so, I know it's not from food.) Burning and slightly gassy too. Has this happened to anyone else where alcohol just "hurts" for lack of a better word? I've never been a huge drinker, but this is something definitely new since I've never had this happen before with alcohol in the past.

Thank you for any comments!

Hi All,

Well, it's been over a year since I've had any alcohol and 5 months since I've been banded. Tonight I went out with some friends and decided to order a glass of white wine. I drank about half of it over the course of a couple hours coupled with about two glasses of water. Now, I have the worst sour stomach I can remember in a loooong while. (I didn't eat anything so, I know it's not from food.) Burning and slightly gassy too. Has this happened to anyone else where alcohol just "hurts" for lack of a better word? I've never been a huge drinker, but this is something definitely new since I've never had this happen before with alcohol in the past.

Thank you for any comments!

I was banded 3 months ago, some friends came over a couple weeks ago for New Years. Everyone brought beer etc. I drank 1 small Vodka cranberry. The next day, I PAID FOR IT. My stomach started cramping & I could not stay out of the bathroom. Everything I ate went right through! It was terrible!!!!!! Definitely not worth it. NOt even going to try it again!

I was banded 3 months ago, some friends came over a couple weeks ago for New Years. Everyone brought beer etc. I drank 1 small Vodka cranberry. The next day, I PAID FOR IT. My stomach started cramping & I could not stay out of the bathroom. Everything I ate went right through! It was terrible!!!!!! Definitely not worth it. NOt even going to try it again!

Vodka/Cranberry was my drink of choice when I would drink...it's a good thing that alcohol is something I don't need in my life otherwise I'd be spending many an hour in the bathroom!! 'Cause that's what happened to me when I got home as well. Thank you for your insight. :)

I have an occasional glass of wine and haven't had any issues. Maybe your experience was just coincidence to the drinking. Try again soon and see what happens. One glass of wine should hurt anything.

I can have a 3 to 4 oz glass of wine and it doesn't bother me. I normally have apple slices and cheese afterwards. When I 'socialize' at a party or going to friend's house, I would add ice cubes to make it less strong and last longer.

I agree with CindyLou, maybe you had an off day or maybe you should have had something to eat afterwards. If interested, try again and see what happens. Maybe you can't drink wine, but can go back to vodka cranberry...and I like it with a splash of grapefruit juice too!).

Again, all in moderation and be responsible of how much you drink...

I had a whiskey sour and I got a huge buzz off one and that has never happened to me, that was scarry. I dont think I will be much of a drinker anymore. That is probebly a good thing. But otherwise didn't have any issues with it. No stomach ache or anything