Not losing!!!

I had lost 10 pounds after having the surgery in Oct and had my first fill of 2.2cc on Dec 18th. I lost 4 pounds but gained it back after the liquid diet for two weeks was over. I can eat anything. I do chose healthy foods. more protein over breads..more veggies over potatoes. I excersize 2x a week for an hour. I question this journey often and I dont mean too but I do. Please an advice would help me. I go to the nutritionalist on the 27th and I am asking for another fill...maybe that will work! Hopefully.

Hey Kim - -

I feel ya on the frustration piece. That is for sure. You know, I think that it is normal to question ourselves from time to time especially because the path we have chosen is costing us or did cost us a lot of money and time, and we (or at least I do) worry what others will think or what will happen if it doesn't work out. We think 'did I make the right choice?' 'what if this doesn't work - - then what?' its very scary and challenging. I question myself ALL the time, and I quickly try to bring myself back to reality and realize 'hey, this IS the right thing - - its gotten me to 163 from 195 and this is the healthiest I have ever been.'

It IS the right thing for you, too! Its hard but try to remember that. The more positive you try to stay, the better you will be able to lose weight and the more you will WANT to push on and continue on your journey. I know that right now I am at a plateau as for my weight loss. I am VERY frustrated - - I go from 163 to 166 to 167 back to 163 and so on and so forth. Its like a bouncy ball that I can't seem to keep ahold of lol. I know that in time I will eventually get over this hump. I am hoping that I get over it soon cause I see my fill dr in mid-feb and don't want to be the same weight as last month lol, but hey, what can ya do?

Anyhow, know that there are others who share your frustrations. Also know that you WILL get past the slump you are in. You'll get to goal!! Get your next fill and see how you feel. You might also want to think about upping your workout to 3x a week if you can. Also maybe add in some strength-training if you don't already do that. I found that to be helpful for me - - mostly in toning and looking slimmer, not necessarily in helping to drop pounds.

I hope this helps :D

I had lost 10 pounds after having the surgery in Oct and had my first fill of 2.2cc on Dec 18th. I lost 4 pounds but gained it back after the liquid diet for two weeks was over. I can eat anything. I do chose healthy foods. more protein over breads..more veggies over potatoes. I excersize 2x a week for an hour. I question this journey often and I dont mean too but I do. Please an advice would help me. I go to the nutritionalist on the 27th and I am asking for another fill...maybe that will work! Hopefully.

Don't get frustrated. I feel your pain, though. I didn't lose anything between my first and second fill (well, maybe one lb). I kept remembering what Dr. Ortiz told me the day of my surgery: The real weight loss journey doesn't begin until I find my sweet spot with the fills. He stressed the importance of listening to my body and having timely fills if I am not eating 1/3 of what I used to and I am not losing.

You will start losing once you get that right fill. I am keeping the faith. I am 4 days our from my second fill and really feeing the restriction and that has helped me keep a positive attitude.

Ah yes...the waiting game! It's hard to continue with your daily lives when you have something 'new' in your life. Right now, we are soooo focus on our band that we don't leave any room for any growth with our band. We need to be patience about this band journey of ours. There are ALWAYS reasons as to why some things works for others and not for you or vice versa. Worst thing for you to do is compare with others, for you will NOT meet another you. This is your journey and no one else's ~ make the most of it.

Why not trying something different? Trick your body or pretend you were banded and you were just off the clear liquids and starting the creamy soup stage. Maybe take one day a week to have a high calorie day and then switch around your exercises. Doing and going the same rut will produce, impatience, mental hunger, frustrations, and negative to name a few things.

STAY FOCUS and BELIEVE in this band! IT WILL WORK! You can't expect this 'band surgery' to make you lose weight all within your time frame, but what your own body can do. Ask yourself ~ Am I really working WITH my band? Am I really listening to my body? Am I really eating the right portion control of food? Do I measure my food? Am I exercising right? Am I eating my daily protein intake? Am I eating enough?

There is a balance within ourselves we can control and what we can't, the band can assist us.

YOU CAN DO THIS! Take the time to learn your body and relearn the simple, basic eating habits we should all along be on. Discipline yourself to stay on track. If you have to, keep a daily journal to see what you are doing. A lot of people don't realize what they do and when you look back at what you ate and did for the day, you may realize you either didn't eat enough or had too much; maybe you didn't drink all your water or liquids for the day; didn't exercise enough, etc.

This is not a miracle pill, the band, it's a tool to work WITH you. You've paid good, hard earning money for this surgery...use it to it's advantage and benefit from it. Re-look at your lifestyle and think how you can better yourself with the band...it's awesome the way the band is working for me!

I LOVE MY BAND!

AMEN, SISTERS!!! ><' Praise the band. =D>

Thanks for the advise and pep talk. I will ask for another fill nxt week and hopefully it will help. I dont rely on it to do the work just to help me. So far it hasn't. I struggle every day as if I was never banded at all. This is what I was hoping to avoid.

Thanks for the advise and pep talk. I will ask for another fill nxt week and hopefully it will help. I dont rely on it to do the work just to help me. So far it hasn't. I struggle every day as if I was never banded at all. This is what I was hoping to avoid.

Are you getting full or restriction from the band? It does sound like you may need a fill. I am in the same place and I gain a pound loose a pound sort of the yo yo that i hated before my band. I have lost about five bounds since liquids was over and that has been about 2 months. It is frustrating but don't give up.

If it is taking that much willpower on your end then you definitely need a fill. You are doing great by not completely relying on the band, but shoot girl rely on it more than that! :D I hope you get some more restriction from your 2nd fill. Mine is helping, but i'm ready for #3!

I've been stuck at 219 for two months--I think it's because I'm not working out enough so, I've upped my workouts from 2x to 4x a week. It might help.

I understand the frustration. My sister and I were banded at the same time and it has taken me 4 fills to get to what I believe is my sweet spot (3.5). My sister on the other hand only took 2 fills (2.5 cc). I was feeling the same doubts that you are explaining but not what I have a good fill I can see/feel the difference. And although I haven't lost anything this past week I feel like I am loosing inches because my clothes are fitting me better. You should do ca measurement comparison of pre-band and now and I bet you will be shocked....

Best of luck.

Shy

Hi, Kim: I'm just a newbie but here's a perspective that may help: Understandably, you are frustrated with your "slow" weight loss. I completely get that and understand your frustration (you and I are similar sizes and I struggle with similar issues). However, most "lower BMI" patients aren't going to lose weight as fast as those with more to lose. You have lost 19 lbs. which is approximately 30% of your excess weight (your chart indicates that you have 43 more lbs. to lose)!! That's phenomenal. You should be proud of making that happen. If you had 100 lbs. to lose and lost 30%, you'd be looking at a THIRTY pound loss! So please be kind to your body. It will lose its excess weight with the assistance of more fills, exercise, and healthy eating. But your body's schedule for losing the weight may not be in sync with your desires. Hang in there!