How Did you do?

Hey Nicole, thanks for asking! My fill went ok. At 1.8 the barium pretty much didn't go through. Dr. Acosta took it down to 1.0 and the barium was still slow. So......... I got 1. That's ok though. He said that because I was too tight for like 5 weeks I might have created scar tissue on my stomach so that's why the same amount won't work currently. We'll see! I'd rather be able to eat a reasonable amount than not at all, I know you know what I mean! I just need to get back into healthy eating and no more crap!

Cosmed was great. They sent an employee to get me at OCC and she also took me back, which was super nice (I was nervous about taking a taxi alone). Dr Quiroz was awesome. He said lipo on my stomach is useless, I have to have an extended TT (I was expecting that). So we talked about that, lipo on thighs and hips and arms, and breast lift and implants. He spent a lot of time with me. He also drew marker all over me! I look freaky now. Pricing was really good. I just have to decide if I want to go for it all at once (which he said he would do). I want to, but I might have to convince my husband.

Nicole weren't you going to do a consult there at one point?? If I do go for it, it'll be around the second week of April. But, I may have to go alone!!! My husband would have to stay home with the kids. You should have your work done then to keep me company! I am going to talk to that recovery by the sea place and see what their deal is........... The office manager Joyce said that most people stay 5 days total.

Anyway, hang in there!!! March 14th will come soon.

Karen

Hey Nicole, thanks for asking! My fill went ok. At 1.8 the barium pretty much didn't go through. Dr. Acosta took it down to 1.0 and the barium was still slow. So......... I got 1. That's ok though. He said that because I was too tight for like 5 weeks I might have created scar tissue on my stomach so that's why the same amount won't work currently. We'll see! I'd rather be able to eat a reasonable amount than not at all, I know you know what I mean! I just need to get back into healthy eating and no more crap!

Cosmed was great. They sent an employee to get me at OCC and she also took me back, which was super nice (I was nervous about taking a taxi alone). Dr Quiroz was awesome. He said lipo on my stomach is useless, I have to have an extended TT (I was expecting that). So we talked about that, lipo on thighs and hips and arms, and breast lift and implants. He spent a lot of time with me. He also drew marker all over me! I look freaky now. Pricing was really good. I just have to decide if I want to go for it all at once (which he said he would do). I want to, but I might have to convince my husband.

Nicole weren't you going to do a consult there at one point?? If I do go for it, it'll be around the second week of April. But, I may have to go alone!!! My husband would have to stay home with the kids. You should have your work done then to keep me company! I am going to talk to that recovery by the sea place and see what their deal is........... The office manager Joyce said that most people stay 5 days total.

Anyway, hang in there!!! March 14th will come soon.

Karen

Hi Karen,, I think Cosmed is going to have their own recovery when they open the new building in May. Which will be great! But,, I want to suggest you think about having all the plastic surgery done in one visit. My suggestion would be to get some patient advise from other plastic surgery patients that had multible procedures done in one visit. When I was at Recovery By The Sea, there were several girls there that had LBL's, one also had a boob job and the other had a face lift, noting both were R & Y gastic by-pass patients,, Gastric by-pass patients have a hard time healing because of the mal nurishment they experinence from the by-pass, but they both had a hell of a time recovering from their wounds when they got home. I don't mean to scare you or anything like that,, but,, plastic surgery is not like lap band surgery. But,, I've also seen Dr. Quiroz tell patients that he wasn't going to do multible procedures on them because he felt they couldn't handle it. My advise,, be wize,, be careful, be safe. Remember when you did your homework before you were lapbanded,, the same applies.

Hi

I'm glad everything went well at the OCC.

I tried to have a consult at Cosmed in August, But after some fun and games with taxi and then finding out

Dr Q had to leave for a family emergency. It just never happened. When I go in March its a flying visit so it won't happen then either.

Finances are another consideration so we'll wait and see.

I think I agree with Dave and do upper surgeries seperate from lower surgeries, but I'm a wimp.

Hi Karen,, I think Cosmed is going to have their own recovery when they open the new building in May. Which will be great! But,, I want to suggest you think about having all the plastic surgery done in one visit. My suggestion would be to get some patient advise from other plastic surgery patients that had multible procedures done in one visit. When I was at Recovery By The Sea, there were several girls there that had LBL's, one also had a boob job and the other had a face lift, noting both were R & Y gastic by-pass patients,, Gastric by-pass patients have a hard time healing because of the mal nurishment they experinence from the by-pass, but they both had a hell of a time recovering from their wounds when they got home. I don't mean to scare you or anything like that,, but,, plastic surgery is not like lap band surgery. But,, I've also seen Dr. Quiroz tell patients that he wasn't going to do multible procedures on them because he felt they couldn't handle it. My advise,, be wize,, be careful, be safe. Remember when you did your homework before you were lapbanded,, the same applies.

Thanks Dolittle. I am going to consult a couple of Sacramento surgeons who are close to me to see what they say. I may just do the TT and the lipo and hold out on the breast aug til next year. It does seem like a lot to do at once, so far from home too..............