Why liquids only?

SandraMinnesota

The OCC advises 21 days liquids. I have not found any other doctor that reccommends that - but he is very successful! Most others do 14 days liquids and then start of soft foods like you mentioned. I'd listen to your DR and then if you have any questions just call and talk to them about it. I feel your pain though - I am 18 days post op lol i cant wait for day 22!

The OCC advises 21 days liquids. I have not found any other doctor that reccommends that - but he is very successful! Most others do 14 days liquids and then start of soft foods like you mentioned. I'd listen to your DR and then if you have any questions just call and talk to them about it. I feel your pain though - I am 18 days post op lol i cant wait for day 22!

Christy, can you believe it's been 18 days? I feel like they went really fast, which is good. I am definitely ready to eat real food. The next few days are going to go fast, I hope..lol.

Thanks for the reference to youtube. I watched Dr. O explain it all. Sandra (day 15 and COUNTING)

Stick with it Sandra, Dr. O definitely knows his stuff. Just a few more days, you can do it! :D

hello: me as well. I was so faithful on the diet before and lost 17 pounds. Had my surgery on the 19th and have lost another 5 pounds. But, I just want to try and chew something - even chunky soup. Has anyone tried that before their 21 days was over?

hello: me as well. I was so faithful on the diet before and lost 17 pounds. Had my surgery on the 19th and have lost another 5 pounds. But, I just want to try and chew something - even chunky soup. Has anyone tried that before their 21 days was over?

Sure, tons of people have done it. Tons of people have had their band slip, too. Who knows whether eating solids too soon caused the slips or not? Would it really be worth it after going through the pain and inconvenience of surgery, to risk it all for a transitory pleasure? Not to mention the guilt and worry about whether you did yourself any damage.

It isn't that long; you can do it!

Some have tried eating solids before, anything chunky is considered solids, and some have been fine, others have slipped their bands and lost them.

Its not worth it, you can stick to it - the results are amazing!!

Go girls, you're on your way to an incredible journey.

Just last week I was laying on a beach in Hawaii, wearing a bikini, size 6 bottom, 8 top. 2 years ago if someone told me I would be wearing a bikini on a beach I would have laughed them right out the door, but that was when I was 130 pounds heavier.

Keep up the hard work – its so worth it!

Don't do it!!! It's only 21 days and if I could do it, then you can too! It's only 21 days out of a lifetime, you CAN do it and it is important to follow the rules!

Some have tried eating solids before, anything chunky is considered solids, and some have been fine, others have slipped their bands and lost them.

Its not worth it, you can stick to it - the results are amazing!!

Go girls, you're on your way to an incredible journey.

Just last week I was laying on a beach in Hawaii, wearing a bikini, size 6 bottom, 8 top. 2 years ago if someone told me I would be wearing a bikini on a beach I would have laughed them right out the door, but that was when I was 130 pounds heavier.

Keep up the hard work – its so worth it!

Sooo Glad you decided to go with the bikini!! I bet you felt so proud of yourself. In reading you post before you left, you said you weren't sure you would put it on even though you bought it. Feeling pretty good about yourself now aren't ya!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!

We all look forward to being in your bikini, I mean shoes!!

What is the reason for 21 days of liquid only? If you can have pureed soups, why not mushy foods like cottage cheese and puddings? I am having quite a problem with hunger, on day 14 now. What happens if you eat solids too soon?--not that I am going to--I am being good--just wondering.

Sandra

HI SANDRA, IM RIGHT THEIR WITH YOU. AND I HAVE CHEATED A BIT, HOPEFULLY THIS WONT HAVE A NEGATIVE AFFECT ON ANYTHING. JUST TRY TO STAY STRON IT WILL GO BY BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.

Hi Edith - Jennifer here...we were banded on the 19th :) I remember you well - we were going to wait for Dr. Ortiz to band us, remember? I am in the same mindset you are...I want to eat. Actually, I'm just wanting more full liquids than I think I am allowed...my protein shake is 11 oz (and 10g protein - its the Slim Fast one). The paperwork says to get 30g of protein in a day during these 21 days. I thought that would mean maybe two shakes a day and some soup to get the full 30g of protein. However, I watched Dr. Ortiz's video of "why 21 days of liquids" and he says ONE protein shake a day. I wish they would explain this more. I have read my paperwork and read this forum like crazy! So far, on day 14 - I have had 1 protein shake (11oz) for breakfast, a 3 oz danactive for a snack, and before lunch I was starving and drank another protein shake. Now it is 1:30pm and I just finished a 7 oz liquid yogurt. I feel like a cow for "eating" all this. I am at work, so soup is not too convenient. I will want soup when I get home. Is this just TOO much? I'm worried. I guess I have been swollen from surgery inside and feeling great restriction from that (or so I read on here..) so to feel hungry now or like I can just drink normally versus sipping my protein shakes/soups/water - It worries me. Otherwise I feel GREAT.

Anybody wanna pitch in? Thanks guys...you all are very helpful!

What about chewing gum to get that need for chewing? Or a popsicle? Personally I don't think it is worth it to cheat on the post-op liquid. It really is possible to get through it if you enjoy what you are drinking and have a variety of things to choose from. Making sure I had a great variety of tasty yummy soups to 'eat'. There is a great recipe for chicken tortilla soup on this forum which helped me get through most of the post-op liquid phase. I also combined cream of potato and leek soup with cheddar cheese soup, and that was yummy too. Experiment with different recipes, there are so many soup recipes on the internet.

If something has changed correct me, but this is what I was told:

If you are hungry drink! You should not be counting calories during the 21 days so if you are feeling hungry have some danactive, soup, whatever. Unless you are seriously chugging, you are not going to stretch your pouch during the 21 days. So if you are just having spoonfulls or sipping it like you normally would soup then you will be just fine.

I was in the same boat - I wanted to chew so bad! But those 21 days went by much faster for me than I thought they would. You can do it!

Hi

Its easier for you to watch Dr Ortiz's video on youtube about the subject.,

than trying to explain it.

nicole pls tell me the name of the vdo on youtube.. by dr ortiz

what i want to knwo if anyone got a nutrition list by the clinic..

b'cuz I didnt

thanks

God bless you all !!!!

I am going to get banded on the 16th

hope things will just go fine!!