Dr. Spiegel Houston, TX

Hi,

Have never posted on here... I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in December (he did a great job)... I should note that I am a prior gastric bypass patient as well... Anyhow, going to TJ was tough at this time so I called Dr. Spiegel in Houston... He charged me $200 for consultation and then $150 for the fill using fluro.. He told me that Dr. Ortiz was an excellent surgeon and did a real good job with my band, especially since I was lap band over bypass which is a difficult operation. I think for $350 it was a good deal and have an MD here take me in. SO I wanted to share... I hope everyone else is successful with their lapband journey to longer health..

Chris

Hi,

Have never posted on here... I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in December (he did a great job)... I should note that I am a prior gastric bypass patient as well... Anyhow, going to TJ was tough at this time so I called Dr. Spiegel in Houston... He charged me $200 for consultation and then $150 for the fill using fluro.. He told me that Dr. Ortiz was an excellent surgeon and did a real good job with my band, especially since I was lap band over bypass which is a difficult operation. I think for $350 it was a good deal and have an MD here take me in. SO I wanted to share... I hope everyone else is successful with their lapband journey to longer health..

Chris

WOW!!! I feel ROBBED, I have been paying fillcenters (houston) $165 for the past two fills WITHOUT fluro ...UUUUGGGHHHH... anyway, THANKS for the update. Did your insurance cover the consult? Sometimes they cover the office visit and the fluro, just not the fill. Oh, where is Dr. Spiegel's office, or phone number so I can get more info. THANKS AGAIN for posting this information. Good to hear from you. So how are you doing with your fill Chris?

WOW!!! I feel ROBBED, I have been paying fillcenters (houston) $165 for the past two fills WITHOUT fluro ...UUUUGGGHHHH... anyway, THANKS for the update. Did your insurance cover the consult? Sometimes they cover the office visit and the fluro, just not the fill. Oh, where is Dr. Spiegel's office, or phone number so I can get more info. THANKS AGAIN for posting this information. Good to hear from you. So how are you doing with your fill Chris?

spiegel is a nice gentleman.. his staff was friendly...he is located in the gallaria area, off of w. alabama...the doctor himself did the fills..not a receptionist like what his practice was doing 5 years ago...all in all, not too bad, the fill is tough sometimes i think thta i haveno restriction then before you know it, i am in a lot of pain and throw up....i to go through alearning curve.

lol...it aint easy.....,