After a fill

SandraMinnesota

Yes, like Nicole says, if you are getting your fill from OCC, you will be on full liquids, like in the creamy soup stage. I didn't mind this at all because I treated it as a 'jump start' to another new weight loss journey...as well, in case my band starts to get finicky and may swell or tighten on me. Also, test yourself before going on solid foods. You may want to start slowly with softer foods before going straight to harder foods.

As a reminder, your first fill is like a "primer" and will not be so aggressive. This would give you and your band some time to get use to the tighter feeling and then progress from there. It's important to not eat more than 1/3 of what you use to eat, to prevent band slippage or stretching your pouch.

Best of luck!

After a fill (my first one is scheduled in March) is there a dietary restriction for a while? Are you on liquids for a day or so? If so, how do you know if the fill has the right restriction, and not too much? Sandra :lol:

Hi! After my 1st fill, I did not go on liquids. I had read several people's comments about being on liquids. So after my fill, I asked my doctor, so I go back to liquids for a few days. And he said no. I can definitely feel the restriction and had trouble with some foods that I had eaten before for a couple of days, but now it is better. Just have to eat small bites and chew, chew, chew. Good luck!