Feeling frustrated.

I'm feeling super frustrated today. I know I have lost quite a bit of weight since starting my pre-op diet on November 1 and I'm not complaining about that. However, I feel like I'm dieting. I don't mind this because I'm making life changes, but it feels like everything is based on willpower and that the band is doing nothing for me. If I eat to fast or don't chew enough then things get stuck and I know that I have a band. But, if I slow down and chew... I'm fine, but I never feel full, never. I'm talking comfortable, not stuffed. For example, today I ate a bean burrito from Taco Bell for lunch. Normally, that would be more that 1/3 of what I used to eat, but I could easily eat a taco or something else to feel satisfied. When I get to my "sweet spot" will things be different? I have been out-of-town for several days for legislative sessions at the state capitol and one night we went out to dinner... I was bad --- and, gained a couple of pounds back. I had chips and salsa, I ate two chicken fajitas (with the works) and then I ate the rest of the meat off of the skillet plate. Okay, I was full but no issues of PB-ing or sliming. I just hate that everything is willpower and it seems nothing is bandpower. Sorry for venting, I'm just extremely frustrated today. Not to mention I started TOM about two weeks after surgery and it has not stopped yet!

Kristy

Kristy, I am sorry you feel that way - I haven't been on solids long and everything was great the first few days, then I got a horrible head cold and all of a sudden, its like my band opened wide and I can eat anything and nothing even hurts my chest anymore (if i eat too fast, too big of a bite, etc). Its been like this for 2 days and Im wondering if its because of the cold or my TOM is supposed to start tonight.... but i wasnt expecting this.... i have weeks to go before my first fill and I already knew i didnt have tons of willpower, thats why i got the band!!

But I hope you start getting more restriction soon. Please keep us updated....

Kristy, I am sorry you feel that way - I haven't been on solids long and everything was great the first few days, then I got a horrible head cold and all of a sudden, its like my band opened wide and I can eat anything and nothing even hurts my chest anymore (if i eat too fast, too big of a bite, etc). Its been like this for 2 days and Im wondering if its because of the cold or my TOM is supposed to start tonight.... but i wasnt expecting this.... i have weeks to go before my first fill and I already knew i didnt have tons of willpower, thats why i got the band!!

But I hope you start getting more restriction soon. Please keep us updated....

Thanks Christy. I get my second fill next Thursday, February 12... hopefully it will take me to a new place in regards to restriction. I know that I can't rely on the band alone, but today my patience had been running thin. Keep up the good work! We can do this!

Kristy

Kristy when you get another fill things will be different. We've all been there. Don't beat yourself up. Once you have good restriction you WILL feel full. Trust me, I HATE to feel hungry!!!!! That's the best thing about a good fill for me. Focus on things like trying on clothes that didn't fit before and take pics. I always look at old pictures of me, even from last summer, and I look totally different. Do that!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I'm reading my own experience here, re: not feeling restriction and feeling like it's all willpower and very little band. I've been hovering around the high 230s for over a month now, gaining a couple, losing a couple. My willpower works for a few days and then it goes away for a few days. It's like a repeat of the past yo-yos that I'm sure most of us have experiened. It's been so much work just to stay level!

I too am dearly hoping that this will change after I go to OCC for my second fill (possibly my first, if it turns out the first one was botched, which I highly suspect it has been). Right now, I've been resorting to my pre-band methods of appetite control, which (besides willpower), include green tea capsules and high dose B-vitamins. It does feel a bit discouraging to have to resort to these old methods, but I'm just trying to hang on, at least until my upcoming fill. I hope we all are able to find out sweet spot!

Christy26, I had the exact same thing happen to me two days into the solid foods stage, and I was shocked at how much I was capable of eating. So you're not alone.

-vangirl

I feel like I'm reading my own experience here, re: not feeling restriction and feeling like it's all willpower and very little band. I've been hovering around the high 230s for over a month now, gaining a couple, losing a couple. My willpower works for a few days and then it goes away for a few days. It's like a repeat of the past yo-yos that I'm sure most of us have experiened. It's been so much work just to stay level!

I too am dearly hoping that this will change after I go to OCC for my second fill (possibly my first, if it turns out the first one was botched, which I highly suspect it has been). Right now, I've been resorting to my pre-band methods of appetite control, which (besides willpower), include green tea capsules and high dose B-vitamins. It does feel a bit discouraging to have to resort to these old methods, but I'm just trying to hang on, at least until my upcoming fill. I hope we all are able to find out sweet spot!

Christy26, I had the exact same thing happen to me two days into the solid foods stage, and I was shocked at how much I was capable of eating. So you're not alone.

-vangirl

Its good to know I am not alone - I already cant wait for my fill on Feb 21.....

I am counting down the days to my fill on the 19th too.

Same thing happened to me, the first 2 days of solids I was almost afraid to eat anything and I felt really full most of the day and then all of a sudden I am able to eat pretty much the same as I used to. I am not eating the same as I used to but that is strictly due to the fact that I know I am not supposed to so I stop myself. I am a stay at home mom so I am sitting around my house all day and I used to snack constantly, now I am just trying to make sure that I stay out of the kitchen until meal times. The 19th can't come quick enough!!

Hang in there ladies!

I'm feeling super frustrated today. I know I have lost quite a bit of weight since starting my pre-op diet on November 1 and I'm not complaining about that. However, I feel like I'm dieting. I don't mind this because I'm making life changes, but it feels like everything is based on willpower and that the band is doing nothing for me. If I eat to fast or don't chew enough then things get stuck and I know that I have a band. But, if I slow down and chew... I'm fine, but I never feel full, never. I'm talking comfortable, not stuffed. For example, today I ate a bean burrito from Taco Bell for lunch. Normally, that would be more that 1/3 of what I used to eat, but I could easily eat a taco or something else to feel satisfied. When I get to my "sweet spot" will things be different? I have been out-of-town for several days for legislative sessions at the state capitol and one night we went out to dinner... I was bad --- and, gained a couple of pounds back. I had chips and salsa, I ate two chicken fajitas (with the works) and then I ate the rest of the meat off of the skillet plate. Okay, I was full but no issues of PB-ing or sliming. I just hate that everything is willpower and it seems nothing is bandpower. Sorry for venting, I'm just extremely frustrated today. Not to mention I started TOM about two weeks after surgery and it has not stopped yet!

Kristy

I am feeling the exact same way, I havnt lost much weight at all, I had my first fill Jan. 22nd and I have lost 1 lb. since

I feel so terrible, I am hoping to have better results with my second fill, I am counting the days to be able to get it,

I am sick of being fat, please let us know the results of your 2nd fill, I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Bebe - I'm getting sooo nervous about solids foods and either gaining or maintaining before my first fill (or maybe even 2nd fill) - But please know that your post here means sooo much. You are flawless, girl! You look amazing. So knowing that it took your 2nd fill to help with restriction and weight loss...it's a relief. I think all new bandsters are nervous that WE will be the one who fails - even with surgical intervention and a huge lump sum of money paid....Thanks again Bebe! You are giving me hope :)

Until I got my second fill, I could pretty much eat anything I wanted. I didn't lose anything for MONTHS...