Question for all you lucky people with weight FLYING off of you

I have been banded for 21 days now and I finally get to eat tomorrow, just for fun I was keeping track of the calories that I was drinking in the past few weeks. I am hitting 900-1200! I really don't think that I will be able to eat much more than that once I can start eating.

It will be even easier to stick to 1200, once I have my first fill.

I hope that helps you! So in the long run yes, im eating 1200, walking and taking the stairs at work.

Jenelle

Still have 30 something more to lose and would not say the weight is flying off ;) but I try to mix it up a little.

Some days I stay a bit lower and others I go a bit higher - that keeps the body guessing.

... so far that works best for me ...

I have lost 53 pounds so far. I do the same thing Ute said. I tend to hit close to 1200 cals. and go over a little bit more than I stay under. I have found that when I try to starve myself, I do not lose, not this far into the game anyway. I may not lose anything for 2 weeks then all of a sudden 3-5 lbs. drop off. I try not to let the scales psyche me out. Women have to eat or our bodies go into survival mode and hold onto fat. I eat plenty of protein, take my Benefiber religiously, watch my fat intake, eat carbs in moderation, and stay around 1200 cals. per day. I also excercise as often as my busy schedule allows. I am not losing fast, but it is fairly steady.

I was banded on Nov. 19th and I have lost 26lbs. since my band date.

WHEN weight was flying off last year, I was around 1100 daily and made absolutely sure to get enough fiber, water and protein. And walking al ot and doing pilates and Wii Fit................. Now my body is stuck but I am trying not to get too upset about it...........

i guess i am one of those lucky one whose weight fly off. i did not stick to an amount of calories. i added the amount of calories i wanted for each week, the amount of calories i was burning and changed it every week. some days i would eat 900 while the next day i would eat 1600.by doing this i did not hit plateau for a while. also i worked out 6 days a week so the amount of calories that i would intake also had to suffice for the amount of calories that i was burning. unfortunalety, i am still lossing weight even though i past goal. i am trying to eat 1200 to 1500 to maintain the weight.

I am doing the same as what lock27 is doing. At first I was eating between 1000 to 1200 a day, then when I started exercising hard core I jumped it up to 1500 max. I do a high calorie day, one day a week, or one day don't eat what I planned and eat something else to "trick" my body. I noticed when I up my calorie intake with proteins and increase my exercises, the more I lose.. Hope this helps...

I was generally eating under 1200 calories a day. If you eat three small meals and follow the program as directed, it’s difficult to get in 1200 calories. Think about how much they tell you you can eat – and then total up the calories.

I still lost the weight, had some plateaus but the truth is, they don’t last forever. They can’t. You just have to keep working at it, stick to the program, add in exercise and drink plenty of water as directed. At some point you will start losing again.

Best,

Lisa

My weight is by no means flying off, but I have seen when I wasn't eating enough that I did not lose. I know it is hard to hit that 1200 - especially when you have hit your spot, but do your best. My protein bullets help compensate some of that a bit so if I don't hit it, i'm at least getting that protein in. The closer I get to that 1200 mark the more I lose.

If you go under 1200 a day, and I know this from a past experience, the body generally loses at a much slower rate. Your body thinks its starving so it holds on to the fat it has.... 1200-1400 is very reasonable to lose weight.

Here is a formula my trainer gave me years ago to help with my food intake

3500 Calories = 1 pound

Females: your weight x 11 = the amount of calories your body needs to maintain your weight . This means if you were laying in bed all day sleeping - your body still needs this many calories. If you eat this amount you will not lose weight, and you will not gain weight. You will stay exactly the same.

To lose weight, cut that number of calories by 500 everyday and you will lose 1 pound a week. Add exercise in to it and burn 500 a day as well, you will lose 2 pounds a week. Do not cut your calorie intake below 1200.

It sure sounds easy enough - I did it for 5 months and lost 65 pounds. I calculated my weight by 10 though. It really all does come down to calories in and calories out. You have to burn more than you eat.

I highly recommend you getting a small notebook to keep in your purse to write down everything you eat to keep track of your calories.

I hope that helps!

What group of people lose weight the fastest who have had surgery to lose the weight? Its GBS (gastric) pts, they lose it fastest and they take in the least amount of calories.

I’m a higher BMI pt, I looked into the programs and chose not to go for GBS since you did take in the least amount of calories and all the other problems that goes along with it.

However also please talk to the nutritionist at the OCC, its really important to get her take on your diet and what’s best for us banitos. Unless something’s changed we are suppose to eat 3 small meals a day and no snacks.

The healthy way is what Christy states, however you want to be careful about over eating with the band and eating all day to try and get in enough calories. The three meals a day is also a way to break our life long bad eating habits. I lived closest to what lock did, some days more some days less. I rarely ate more and I lost over 100 pounds in a year, the last 30 took another 5 months.

I agree with lisal. I have never been able to eat 1200 calories since I got banded. I really don't count calories I just stick to my 3 meals drink lots of water and exercise everyday and I have lost 100 in close to 8 months. I would say I eat between 800 to 1000 calories. I just follow the plan and like I stated I EXERCISE A LOT. Good luck to you.