How do I get Protein Bullets through Security?

I finally found some protein bullets to help the healing process after surgery, and would like to be able to bring a couple with me to drink afterwards.

The problem is these things are 3.2 ounces each. TSA security won't let me bring any liquids that are more than 3 ounces inside of my carry-on on an airplane. Do you think they're going to notice the .2 ounce overage? Or should I just stick to the protein powder?

I finally found some protein bullets to help the healing process after surgery, and would like to be able to bring a couple with me to drink afterwards.

The problem is these things are 3.2 ounces each. TSA security won't let me bring any liquids that are more than 3 ounces inside of my carry-on on an airplane. Do you think they're going to notice the .2 ounce overage? Or should I just stick to the protein powder?

You know, you might want to google "whey liquid protein bullets" and see if you can purchase them online. Most places are reasonable and even have discounts. You don't have a GNC store near you? That is where I get mine.

The airports are very strict about the ounce limits, I would recommend NOT risking it. That would just delay you and may risk missing your flight if you are pulled to the side. I would just buy one or two at the airport, upon passing the TSA. Alot of them have smoothie places with protien shots, and vitamin shops that you could purchase one or two quick drinks. Otherwise just wait til you get back home, you won't be drinking anything but clear liquids after surgery anyways, so you may not be able to drink the protien bullets right away. You may also be able to find them in Mexico at the supermarkets, pharmacies, or local vitamin shops. It's worth a look around while you are walking your gas off. :D

You are going to be on only clear liquids for at least five days--chicken broth, apple juice, juice popsicles and believe it or not you will probably be full with just that. You won't be having any protein or protein powder. you will start liquid yogurt before you will get to start having protein. If security sees them they will make you throw them away and they are too expensive to risk that. I think you should leave them at home.

If you really want to take some just buy those little empty 3 oz. bottles they sell just for carry on liquids to travel with. Split 1 of the equally in two bottles or however and you're under 3 oz.!!! I've seen them everywhere like Fred Meyer, walgreens, payless, target etc. I would check with Dr., Miranda though if you should have this even though it's liquid. I didn't find these gems until after my liquid phase. I wonder what she'll say. In my mind I wish I would have had them during liquid stage because it would have made me feel much better. Let us know.

You all are awesome.

I'd thought about pouring them into those little 3oz. bottles to, but after hearing from so many of you that I shouldn't even have to worry about my protein intake until after I return home, I'm not as concerned anymore. lol

You're right, they're way too expensive to have security toss them out, or worse have them cause me to miss my flight.

I'll stick to the powdered broth packets that I'm bringing, and plenty of the gas strips. I'm so glad you all recommended those things. I had no idea that they even existed. :lol:

I think I'm probably more nervous about the flight than I am about the surgery, which seems up-side-down, but there it is. I'll try to document my experience when I go though so that I can publish it when I return.

Thanks again!

I agree you won't care to have any of that until you get home. I buy my protein bullets online and I get a pretty decent deal. I had bullion cubes and powdered special K20 water and I was content.