One of my many future questions

Okay. I am considering getting the Band procedure done. I am definitely going to choose this doctor and facility. But, I need some help. One of my first questions is how long it will take. I mean. After I call and set it up how soon can you have it done? Is there a process that has to be done? How long does this process take? Why I ask this is because I have a trip I am doing in early June and I need to figure out if I should do it before or after the trip. If you can help I will be greatful to you!

It depends how busy they are. I made my appointment about a month ahead of time, others have been able to get in sooner. You can give them a call and find out how soon you can get in. Mostly the lead time is driven by the patient being ready.

If your ready and you are self paying it won't take long at all. You will be on a pre op diet for a couple weeks anyway. Go for it you won't regret it and you could be 30 lbs lighter for you vacation. won't that be good :lb11: :lb9:

When you contact the OCC as a serious prospective patient the coordinator will email you forms to fill out that pretty comprehensively outline for them your medical and weight history. They also require a deposit (when we did ours it was $500/each). Some folks can get the procedure done right away if there is an opening and all of the other details (payment, travel, time off from work, etc) work out. We were banded at the same time as a lady that was required to quit smoking, and I'm not sure if she had to be "smoke-free" for a minimum length of time or not. The coodinator will help you with things like that-- and then some. Dr Ortiz actually called and spoke to my daughter (13 at the time) to make sure she was fully aware of how the lap-band worked and what changes she would need to make prior to us making the arrangements. Hope this helps you.

Diana

Ditto to what everyone said. When I called they had appts like 2 weeks later, but I couldn't go for a while b/c I couldn't take time off work yet.

Congrats on your decision! You won't regret the band or OCC one bit! Best decision I ever made! Be sure and look through all the posts and take notes. There is a wealth of knowledge in here!