Great shopping trip!

So, anyone who is fat and has a weird shaped body understands that shopping is a nightmare. Especially where pants are concerned. I can go in 5 stores and be lucky to find one pair of pants that looks right. That is why when I find a pair I like, I buy several of the same ones.

Some of you oldsters out there also know about how my weight has refused to let go over the past several months. So I am hoping you will understand my ELATION at my shopping trip last night!

I FREAKING FOUND 7 PAIRS OF PANTS THAT FIT! Not the same ones either, ALL different! 7 different pairs, can you imagine my glee??? And all size 22's. So, ok 22 is still huge but I started out at size 28 and although the scale still isn't budging getting into size 22's comfortably is amazing!

7 different pairs of pants!

And..........one gorgeous lacy blouse to go along with them. And TAADAA I only spent $150.00! As you can see I am overly excited and want to share my happiness.

I still don't 'get' how I can weight 250 pounds and fit into 22's. Last time I wore 22's I was 220. But, I won't complain. Plus, this past week, a ton of people have been saying that I look much smaller. I don't get that with the scale but I won't complain.

As a lot of you know, this past year (banded 3/24/08) was the hardest struggle with weight of my life but I am still glad to have the band. I would weigh much more by now. I wish I would have lost all of it now, but I guess the roller coaster of my weight loss and gain over the years has finally taken it's toll and my body just doesn't want to give up the fat. I suppose I should be happy that it is going so slow since none of my skin is saggy but I still wish I was further along. I am going to the OCC this week to get it all checked out and see whats going on and to make sure the band is still ok and nice and full. I also want to speak to Dr. Miranda to get some things settled. I am really looking forward to that. I decided to stay at the Marriot this time for something different and I will get to see Darlene too! So I am hopeful and excited! And wanted to share my shopping trip with you all.

Have a great day everyone and happy valentines to you all!

:lb21: :lb24: :lb24: :lb21: :lb24:

I'm so happy for you. It's funny you posted this. Yesterday I went shopping and spent literally 2 hours in the dressing room trying on every pair of pants Macy's had practically and I came home with 1 for sure pair and 2 that I need to try here at home. My body has changed so much with all the weight gain and age. I used to have a nice pear shape and now my hips are smaller and my lower stomach is the problem. It makes the pants sort of saggy in the crotch if they fit the stomach and too big in the legs. You did much better than I.

I know your are steadfast Mona and this weight will come off. Like you said the saggy skin(less of) thing is a huge benefit of slow loss. And loss is loss is loss. I think we set ourselves up to a standard of thinking we're going to lose so much in so much time and how can we predict how our bodies will respond. Just stay on track buddy!!!

Happy Valentines day

Julie

You ladies Rock! That is just great! It's an fantastic feeling and going down in size with clothing. I am the same with that darn scale hardly moving, but my pant size tells me differently! So, I guess for me, it's the inches and clothing size that will tell me how good I am doing at the moment.

:clapping: Gals!! y.gifa.gify.gif

It sounds to me like you probably have found a fix for your stubborn weight. You have found 7 pairs of pants that fit the way you like. Murphy's law states that now the weight will probably come flying off! :lol:

Until then--way to go!!

Diana

OH you are right!!!! Didn't think of that, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I ought to go out and buy more!

Way to go Mona. I would be so thrilled. I spent hours looking for a dress one weekend and went home disappointed and wore something old and a little too big to the "event" instead. My weight used to be fairly well distributed but now I have this thick middle that makes it hard to buy pants.

I think it is true though, like Diana says, your weight will fly off now!!

Good luck with your OCC trip. We will all be waiting for your update.

Dawn

Awesome Ramona!! I don't even bother buying clothes, it just disgusts me. I wear shorts and mens Tshirts all the time. [i only wear pants if it's like below zero.] I bought an outfit for hubbies Xmas party and was very uncomfortable. [i'm not a fru-fru girl anyways, dressing up was never my thing....] I'm ALL for comfort, from my bra's to my gramma undies! LOL!

Hopfully this fill coming up will do the trick. I KNOW what's causing my weight loss to halt.... feeding my fat face too much and too often!! I'm hoping to find my sweet spot and get the rest of this weight off for good! =D>

I wrote Rene yesterday about switching to the Marriott and have'nt heard back from him yet. Hopfully it's not too late to change from the Lucerna. I'm still hoping to take Mikayla with me, Priceline won't let me purchase a ticket for her because she's under 18. [i should have bought it a few weeks ago, but didn't have the money right then.] I checked out the Marriott and it looks really nice.... Mikayla would love the heated pool... that kid's like a fish!!

Can't wait to meet you Mona, keep your fingers crossed for Mikayla! :-h Darlene

Awesome Ramona!! I don't even bother buying clothes, it just disgusts me. I wear shorts and mens Tshirts all the time. [i only wear pants if it's like below zero.] I bought an outfit for hubbies Xmas party and was very uncomfortable. [i'm not a fru-fru girl anyways, dressing up was never my thing....] I'm ALL for comfort, from my bra's to my gramma undies! LOL!

Hopfully this fill coming up will do the trick. I KNOW what's causing my weight to halt.... feeding my fat face too much and too often!! I'm hoping to find my sweet spot and get the rest of this weight off for good! =D>

I wrote Rene yesterday about switching to the Marriott and have'nt heard back from him yet. Hopfully it's not too late to change from the Lucerna. I'm still hoping to take Mikayla with me, Priceline won't let me purchase a ticket for her because she's under 18. [i should have bought it a few weeks ago, but didn't have the money right then.] I checked out the Marriott and it looks really nice.... Mikayla would love the heated pool... that kid's like a fish!!

Can't wait to meet you Mona, keep your fingers crossed for Mikayla! :-h Darlene

Try Travelocity or orbitz they usually have last minute deals.