Mariott - anyone use?

Hi there CanadianBandster

My wife and I went to the OCC for our first fills on the 6th and stayed at the Mariott near the airport in San Diego. It is only about six months old and let me tell you it was one of the nicest motels I have ever stayed at. It was a little on the spendy side compared to the ones in our area I stay at when working out of town.

There aren't too many restaurants nearby to find soup at but you can take a taxi to the airport ($5) and as long as you have the bus pass and ride it anywhere in San Diego you want to go. We really became familiar with the Mass transit system while we were there and found it very convenient.

Back to the motel itself. The thing that really impressed me the most were the soft beds with four, yes four comfy pillows on the most comfy beds I have ever slept on. The rooms were well kept and very clean and it just gave you the feel of luxury. We don't treat ourselves often and it was a nice change. Fact is I think we may go back again in April and do it all over again as it pencils out about the same as having it done in our local area with fluroscopy if we don't spend the night.

Doh!!

After thinking about it I guess you are probably talking about the Mariott in TJ. Sorry don't have any experience there but I am sure they are all nice. Good luck with which ever one you chose.

Just wondering if any of you tried the Mariott? I dont want to use the lucerna next trip

i'm staying at the marriott right now (i was just banded today...yipee). while the hotel is quite nice, it's far from the center of town and no one from the OCC is staying here. i sort of wish we had stayed at the lucerna instead. even thought the staff is friendly and there are some great amenities, i feel kind of separted from the OCC stuff. my mom might switch hotels while i'm over night at the OCC.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on the comfort of the beds at the Marriott or Lucerna? At home, I have a Select Comfort "Sleep Number" bed that I like very soft. My wife and I are getting banded on April 6 and like to looks of the Marriott over the Lucerna, but would like to stay wherever the beds are the softest. Neither one of us does well on a firm bed. Usually, it needs to at least be a pillow top.

I have stayed at both the Lucerna and the Marriott and the beds were firm at both. They may have rooms with softer beds, maybe email them and ask. Hope that helped... Darlene

I think you're right - most hotels work this way.

Tell them what you want, and they'll provide -- same with bedding (i have a feather allergy, so I request non-feather pillows).

Im trying a different hotel this time - its cheaper and I heard its better than the lucerna and marriott - when I get home ( I go there next week for a week) Ill let you guys know how it was! Its $58 for my double room and the rooms look nicer - so here is crossing my fingers!!

Hotel Real Del Rio http://www.realdelrio.com/index_english.html

My husband and I were banded on Feb 27th. We stayed at the Marriot. It was really nice, but we are non smokers & they put us in a smoking room. So when you check in maybe if you request a non-smoking room they will provide you with one. Other than that it was very nice & very clean. They do have nice fluffy pillows. The beds were so so. Not near as bad as some other hotels we have stayed in when we have traveled to Mexico.