Whats a girl to do?

MyNewLife

Hi Everyone!

I need some advice. I have had two fills and have put myself on Protien shake for breakfast and Lien Cuisine for Lunch and Dinner with a 100 Calorie snack pack each day due to the fact I CAN NOT GET THE SCALE TO MOVE! :angry: .

I have started working out each morning, riding my stationary bike for about 6 miles and then hitting the weights for about 20 mins. I also walk about a mile a half every other day. I started this monday before last.

I have a total of 2.5cc in my 4cc band and this week I have started becoming hungry, not head hungry, stomach hungry and fiber pills are not helping. I need to up my water intake I do know this. I called my fill doctor which is in Texas and she stated that I need to be eating 5-6 times a day. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought we were only suppose to have 3 meals a day with no snacks. She told me that I need to eat breakfast, lunch and Dinner and up my calorie in take, which is around 1,000. It hard to hit 1200 with Lien Cuisines twice a day. She said that I need to eat a snack in the morning like chesse and a snack in the afternoon, Almonds was her suggestion. She stated if this does not help that I might need a fill.

What does everyone think about the snacks. Do I snack or do I not snack? :wacko:

Carrie

Yes I would follow her advice. I have always snacked (I plan it ahead and measure, not willy-nilly snacking). I try to hit 1100-1200 a day. Watch your fiber and protein grams! Those are key as well as water intake. I drink SO much water. Maybe use some Isopure punch protein powder mixed with water for a protein boost. I have always done that too. I think for your activity level you need more calories and protein like she was saying. Good luck!

Yes I would follow her advice. I have always snacked (I plan it ahead and measure, not willy-nilly snacking). I try to hit 1100-1200 a day. Watch your fiber and protein grams! Those are key as well as water intake. I drink SO much water. Maybe use some Isopure punch protein powder mixed with water for a protein boost. I have always done that too. I think for your activity level you need more calories and protein like she was saying. Good luck!

GREAT post Karen and I totally agree. I snack EVERY day. I've posted a post regarding snacks and hopefully that can help you too, which also list Almonds. I do not do TV dinners at all. Maybe once in a blue moon, to be 'different'. You need a more variety of foods and what better than home cooked meals freshly made? Also, increase your water like you said and make sure you are doing other exercises too. My calories are between 1000 to 1500, depends on my activity level.

Good luck ~ don't get too discourage. Stay motivated and in about a month, you will see a difference! Hang in there - YOU CAN DO THIS!

I would follow her advice and have healthy snacks. If you dont you are going to get super hungry and might risk over eating and thats not a good thing.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the advice. I did snack yesterday and it was much better. I had almonds for monring snack and a protein bar for afternoon. I did email Dr. Miranda and this is what she said. I shared this with Miss Parris in another post as well.....

Dear Carrie:

Plautus are part of losing weight also. Tighter bands do not guarantee weight loss but only complications.

If you are at a pleatu it will pass (patience). But if you are eating only 1/3 of your typical meal you do not need a fill.

You may however eat a bigger breakfast and only a very very light dinner. nothing after 7:00pm. Drink green tea and have a tablet of chromium picolinate for 3 weeks.

Please keep me informed, I will email you a diet tomorrow morning.

Dr. Miranda