Travel Alert, should I be worried?

I just found out that there is a travel warning out for American travelling to Mexico right now. It especially pertains to boarder cities an specifically noted Tiajuana. I'm not so worried for myself since I figure I will either be getting shuttled to the hotel or airport, at the hotel or at the hospital. I am however concerned for my friend who is coming with me and was planning on doing some shopping. I don't think that will happen now.

Should we be worried about this?

Ps- I'm getting banded March 20th

i am in Tijuana right now, it is perfectly fine and safe, there van picks you up from airport and takes to the hotel, i am staying at marriot and so far so good, the clinic is 15 min drive pretty safe and sound, there are many bandsters around and you can make friends too.

I wouldn't go anywhere in TJ by yourself. That's just my opinion.... better safe than sorry! I was there on the 19th and 20th and my daughter and I just stayed at the hotel. I felt safe there and during my shuttles. Ramona and Hubby went to Revolution Ave. and invited us along, but Mikayla was afraid from all the drug crime and all so we stayed behind.