Kick Start Challenge

As some of you know I have been STUCK for about 6 weeks. Me and some friends are starting full liquids today to see if we can boost our weight loss again. We are going to cut out snacks, increase water, and exercise atleast 30 minutes a day.

Anyone up for the CHALLENGE? Come on, join us! :)

As some of you know I have been STUCK for about 6 weeks. Me and some friends are starting full liquids today to see if we can boost our weight loss again. We are going to cut out snacks, increase water, and exercise atleast 30 minutes a day.

Anyone up for the CHALLENGE? Come on, join us! :)

Hey Dana,

Great Idea, I had a protein shake for breakfast this morning so I think I will just join starting today! Good Luck!

Carrie

Sounds great, Carrie! :D

Also, I heard from one that she is going to do a small meal in the evening. Like our Pre-Op diet. So, for those of you who are not up for Full Liquids, how about that?

GOOD LUCK!!

It sounds like a great idea! But I'm just wondering: what is it about a liquid diet that boosts weight loss? I mean, don't you still have to be getting in a certain amt of calories anyways?

Thanks, and good luck!

--TRS

I think anything that is a drastic difference kind of gives the body an extra boost into letting go of that plateau. For me, I go back on liquids simply because helps get me back on track when I seem to be faltering too much. It's a good idea and I think maybe I will join up for the challenge too! It's always good for the metabolism to change things up every now and then.

Hi

As you know I had an unfill in early Jan and have been struggling and have gained 20lbs back.

I get my "1st" fill again on the 14th March so I am going to do 2 shakes and a lean cuisine pre-op until then.

So I'm with ya.

It sounds like a great idea! But I'm just wondering: what is it about a liquid diet that boosts weight loss? I mean, don't you still have to be getting in a certain amt of calories anyways?

Thanks, and good luck!

--TRS

I totally agree with Mona, in that anything that is a shock to your system to change things up is good. I have been stuck for 6 weeks & prior to that I was on a ROLL! When I was on the 3 weeks of liquids after surgery, I did great & never gained any of that weight loss. Right now, I feel I am so new as a Bandster in learning how to eat. Some days I am so tight I can't eat, and other days I eat like a horse. lol So, I wonder if I have irritated my band. I just thought this would be good. I go for a fill one week from today and I am hoping to be down. :)

Good luck everyone! Here is to shedding some pounds this week!!

(((((((((((Dana)))))))))))

Great idea. That will help me stick to my pre op. I'm flying to Dallas in a couple days, attending a wedding and then having the surgery the moment I get home. This will help motivate me to stay on track. And my friend has already purchased isopure for me so I don't have to worry about finding it when I land.

I am totally in too! I am starting my Biggest Loser Challenge today and it's perfect timing for me!

I am a team leader in this BL Challenge and it's for (8) weeks, starting today. I am doing mini weekly challenges for the team and it's fun! So, we all can do this to get this weight loss journey a swift kick in the buttocks! LET'S GO EVERYONE...WE CAN DO THIS!

I am totally in too! I am starting my Biggest Loser Challenge today and it's perfect timing for me!

I am a team leader in this BL Challenge and it's for (8) weeks, starting today. I am doing mini weekly challenges for the team and it's fun! So, we all can do this to get this weight loss journey a swift kick in the buttocks! LET'S GO EVERYONE...WE CAN DO THIS!

Hey Dana,

Question, are we going to do liquids including full liquids or just clear?

Carrie

Hey Dana,

Question, are we going to do liquids including full liquids or just clear?

Carrie

Hey Carrie,

Full Liquids!

So far today I have had My Protein Shake for Breakfast, lots of water, Beef Broth & For Dinner I think I will have low sodium Cream of Chicken. When I get hungry, I am going to make broth. I am limiting my self to 1 small can of soup a day. But, everyone needs to do what they feel they can do! Really no set rules! Just set your program and comitt to it! ((BIG HUGS))

(((((((((((Dana)))))))))))

Great idea. That will help me stick to my pre op. I'm flying to Dallas in a couple days, attending a wedding and then having the surgery the moment I get home. This will help motivate me to stay on track. And my friend has already purchased isopure for me so I don't have to worry about finding it when I land.

Robbyn!

AWESOME! Glad I can be apart of your pre-op journey! WOOHOO! We can do this! ((BIG HUGS)) I live in Dallas! Have a great time!

Hey everyone! What did you eat today?

B:Protein Shake

S:Beef Broth

L:Protein Shake

D:Cream of Chicken soup (low sodium)

Dessert: Sugar free Jello Pudding

I just got back from my first workout with my trainer! It was fantastic! Now, I am heading to my elliptical!

I hope you are all having a successful day!

XOXO

Good idea Dana.

Hugs Everyone

So far I've eaten

1. Protein Shake mixed with 1 scoup of chocolate whey protein, 4 oz Decaf Coffee and 4 oz nonfat milk and ice galore (20 grams protein)

2. Fat free Yoplait Light yogurt

Dinner will be:

1. ISOPURE (Liquid Protein...40 grams)

If I go stir crazy I'll pull out the chicken broth.

Although I would love to start this challenge with you guys, I am still so new with this band, and haven't had any weight loss while being on solids (most of it is from 21 day liquids, and then the final 4 or 5 lbs was from 3 day liquids from first fill a week and a half ago. So I am really anxious to see how I do with eating solids, so I know whether I need to adjust my eating.

However, I wish all you guys the best with this challenge, and the next one you guys have down the road...I am in!!! :)

I wanted to share my recipe for Greek Lemon Soup

I "think" it is appropriate for both the clear and the creamy soup phase of the liquid diet. I'll need someone to confirm.

This is good with simple chicken broth or cream of chicken soup.

2 c. chicken broth (clear liquids) or cream of chicken soup (liquids)

1.5 tbsp. lemon juice

Makes 2 servings.

I used to make this all of the time in the early 90's. I've only seen it on a restaurant menu once, but I loved it so much I worked out something near dead on at home. It's a recipe I forgot about to be honest, but today it came to mind. I prefer the creamy but if you like the taste of lemon the chicken broth works well too.

I'll make it tomorrow.

I wanted to share my recipe for Greek Lemon Soup

I "think" it is appropriate for both the clear and the creamy soup phase of the liquid diet. I'll need someone to confirm.

This is good with simple chicken broth or cream of chicken soup.

2 c. chicken broth (clear liquids) or cream of chicken soup (liquids)

1.5 tbsp. lemon juice

Makes 2 servings.

I used to make this all of the time in the early 90's. I've only seen it on a restaurant menu once, but I loved it so much I worked out something near dead on at home. It's a recipe I forgot about to be honest, but today it came to mind. I prefer the creamy but if you like the taste of lemon the chicken broth works well too.

I'll make it tomorrow.

That sounds yummy! I might do this today! The fat free cream of chicken is kinda of blah! lol Thanks for sharing! :o)

OK...I am going to check in everyday and edit this post what I am eating/drinking daily ~ but will mainly be on this plan all week:

Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Sunday

Before Breakfast (after exercising) - Hot Cocoa, Protein shake (choc/strawberry), 8 oz water

B: Protein shake (choc/peanut butter), 16 oz water

S: BEEF broth, 8 oz water

L: Protein shake (choc/strawberry), 16 oz water

S: V8 tomato juice, 8 oz water

D: Cream of Potatoe & Cheddar Cheese w/Spices (2) 1/2 cups at a time, 8 oz water w/Ocean Spray CranGrape "to go" drink packet

S: Jello-O, 8 oz water

Wednesday, Thursday, Satirdau

Before Breakfast (after exercising) - Hot Cocoa, Protein shake (choc/strawberry), 8 oz water

B: Protein shake (choc/peanut butter), 16 oz water

S: CHICKEN broth w/Lemon juice, 8 oz water w/Ocean Spray CranGrape "to go" drink packet

L: Protein shake (choc/strawberry), 16 oz water

S: V8 tomato juice, 8 oz water

D: Cream of Potatoe & Cheddar Cheese w/Spices 1/2 cup and Tomato w/Spices and/or hot sauce 1/2 cup, 8 oz water

S: Jello-O, 8 oz water

NOTE: I am adding unflavored protein powder in my soups to make up my day's protein intake, if needed

Exercises: Walking, pilate, strength/weights and cardio sets

I'M ALL IN!! Lets rock this :D

Well it is that TOM, so I haven't weighed. But, I feel great after 2 days on liquids so far. I am planning to do the same thing everyday, here is my menu.

B:Muscle Milk Premade Protein Drink

L: Beef of Chicken broth

S:Another Muscle Milk Premade

D:Cream of Chicken or Tomato Soup & G2 gatordade with 1/2 protein bullet

S:Sugar free Jello Pudding

How is everyone feeling? :D

Okay everyone, well, today I have had so far:

B: Slim fast optima shake

S: Chicken broth low sodium (kind of icky - - will get different kind at the store tomorrow)/Hot cocoa

Will have later for lunch and dinner:

L: Cookies and cream protein shake with 1 1/2 cups of skim milk.

S: Gatorade power zero Mountain berry :-) yummy

D: Cookies and cream protein shake with 1 1/2 cups skim milk

S: Coffee with 2 TBSP nonfat creamer

Okay everyone, well, today I have had so far:

B: Slim fast optima shake

S: Chicken broth low sodium (kind of icky - - will get different kind at the store tomorrow)/Hot cocoa

Will have later for lunch and dinner:

L: Cookies and cream protein shake with 1 1/2 cups of skim milk.

S: Gatorade power zero Mountain berry :-) yummy

D: Cookies and cream protein shake with 1 1/2 cups skim milk

S: Coffee with 2 TBSP nonfat creamer

Cookies and Cream? Sounds yummy! :) What brand is it?