Real Del Rio Hotel

So - I stayed at Real Del Rio Hotel this time. http://www.realdelrio.com/index_english.html

I liked it much much better - some of you wouldnt but I loved it. They werent constantly at me. The food was awesome - and looked spectacular. They arent jumping at your feet though (like with lugage etc, so if you like that dont go there)....but they were more friendly. They didnt stare like at Lucerna. The hotel director called me to make sure everything was good. The cleaning staff did an amazing job. The room was way nicer. I didnt have any weird smells in my room like the first time at the lucerna (second time wasnt as bad). They allowed my friend to come up to the room no questions asked - at the lucerna they made a huge deal of her coming to get us :S It was also cheaper $58/night

All in all...it was awesome. I will only be using this hotel.

Glad you liked the hotel! It's also closer to the OCC than Lucerna is, right? Well off hotel topic, but I was wondering since you just went out there how is the "air" in TJ? Meaning, how is the atmosphere? I know many people on the forum have been concerned with the news of drug wars and etc... Did you have trouble in and out of Mexico? Did you take the OCC van or did you walk over and take a cab? Just wondering...thanks ahead for your input!

I was just there last week and it was okay there in TJ. Yes there were more sierns than what we had heard the other times we were there but we seen nothing to alarm us. The clinic picked us up at the airport and took us to the OCC and we got our fill and then right to the hotel, then back to the clinic to get an unfill (was to tight) and they again picked us up and took us from the hotel to the clinic and then back again. Don't worry you will be fine!

Honestly it was no different than any other time I have been there. We walk around. We went to revolution ave. We went to the bowling alley, we went to the movie, we went to the mall, we went out to a club three different nights. Its fine. My friends who live there all said it isnt worse right now, they are playing it up because the economy is so crappy in the states they want people to stay there and not spend there money else where. It was actually worse last year. I found absolutely nothing different....I didnt hear more sirens than any other time. I was there for 5 days.

Also - You can see the lucerna from the street this hotel is on..its about block from one another.