Super Tight!

Good job, your pics look great! i have been super tight this week after my fill too b/c of my period. Its already getting looser. Good luck :)

Hey Christy....have you ever gotten tight after TOM? I ended last Friday and this episode happened Saturday. I didn't notice the tightness last week. I should have listened to my body trying to tell him that morning and had liquids all day, maybe then I would have saved my self that nasty pb.

• 2 months later...

I knew that this post was out there somewhere.

Ok had my fourth fill yesterday and now I am at 3.30CC in my band. I am VERY VERY TIGHT! I have never "felt" my fills before so this is SUCH a different feeling than I have ever had and of course just want to make sure that it is ok.

I am on day two of the fill so I am on liquids. I have to drink very slow and aww WARM feels so good. I dont have ANY problems with liquids, just have to drink slow. At times, when I breath in and I sware I can feel the band around me squeezing. IT does NOT hurt when I drink. I feel it when i am just breathing now and then, I take a deep breath and let it out seems to make me feel better. Almost like have a SUPER tight pair of Jeans on and then u unbotton them and feel SO much better....lol Weird somparison, sorry that is all I could think of.

I am just cuuriuos, Im sure this is just because I am SO tight, just dont want to hurt my band.

Carrie

Hey Carrie,

Its so hard to tell when you are still on liquids, unless of course you can’t even drink liquids, then it’s a no brainer – you’re too tight.

But you’re not there – and you’re not on solids yet. Take it slow when you do start eating, you know you’re tight so you don’t want to do anything to aggravate it. When you can finally eat start with really soft foods, chew the dickens out of them and go slow, small bites and really small amounts – test it out without getting yourself into trouble. (PB – getting things stuck which could cause swelling and then the downwards spiral to an unfill)

You may be fine – it’s really hard to tell until you are eating. There have been times when I felt the same – I could feel it, but I was super careful with that fill in the beginning and didn’t have to go in for an unfill.

But if you do, you do – it’s not the end of the world. You’ll know if you can’t take this fill and then just make sure to get in to have an adjustment.

Best,

Lisa

Thanks Lisa!

I think I am just worried because like I said, I felt this one and never have I before. I will continue tomorrow on liquids and then will start out with soft foods for a couple of days and see how it goes.

Your the best!

Carrie

I'm going for my 4th fill tomorrow and I have no idea how much I should get put in. I have 3 cc's now and I've been waking up hungry every morning, I can eat almost everything and in pretty big portions (although I try not to) and then I get hungry about two hours after eating..... yet I still have that strange "tenderness" around port (or maybe even around my stomach...it's on the left under my bra wire, a dull ache all the time) so I'm worried about getting more fill but I know I need one. I've been checked under fluoro and they said it all looked perfect so I should be okay for a fill but there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not worried about my tenderness. I was always told you shouldn't actually "feel" like you are banded and yet I am painfully aware of it all the time. What do you think?

Sabrina:)

I'm going for my 4th fill tomorrow and I have no idea how much I should get put in. I have 3 cc's now and I've been waking up hungry every morning, I can eat almost everything and in pretty big portions (although I try not to) and then I get hungry about two hours after eating..... yet I still have that strange "tenderness" around port (or maybe even around my stomach...it's on the left under my bra wire, a dull ache all the time) so I'm worried about getting more fill but I know I need one. I've been checked under fluoro and they said it all looked perfect so I should be okay for a fill but there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not worried about my tenderness. I was always told you shouldn't actually "feel" like you are banded and yet I am painfully aware of it all the time. What do you think?

Sabrina,

When I went for my fill local, my fill Doctor told me that now is when the amounts is really going to make a difference for me. She said that since I was at 3cc that just a little could be a HUGE difference. She gave me .30cc based on the fact that I had started eating breakfast which I have Never been able to before (could not eat eggs anytime of day and could eat them for breakfast) and I was also starting to get extremely bad hunger pains, but only at dinner, which I have never had. She asked me to hang around in town for a couple of hours and gave me her cell # in case it tightened. I live 3 hours away from my fill doctor so she didnt want me leaving if I was too tight. She stated that if I started to burp alot or when I drank it sat in my throat to call and come back to her so she could take some out. I was ok, felt kinda like when I first came home tight....but later that afternoon I felt REALLY tight. It scared me due to the fact it was very uncomfortable tight, just wanted to breath really deap and let it out but couldnt. Today has been SOOO much better, feels like any other day and I think alot of it is due to the fact I have just stopped worrying about it. I was getting in liquids so I trusted I was ok.

I drank my 8 ounce protein shake this morning and ate a little bit of pudding for lunch and felt ok.

As far as your pains you are having, I would really express my concerns to your doctor, maybe they need to look again just to make sure. The part where you said you "feel" banded. This was the first time since being banded that I have ever could truely feel it. Good Luck and please keep us posted!

Carrie

Just explain to them your level of hunger and what you can eat and how much. They will assess how much of a fill you need. At least at my place I never have any say in that. But I try to explain as best as I can and as accurate as I can my restriction.

And in terms of port pain that it natural. Are you working out? If so, that makes mine sore. I've also had folks tell me that it could be scar tissue forming around the port area. I'm about 15-20lbs from goal and my nurse also said that as you loose belly fat that naturally your area is gonna be sore more often.

Good luck and let us know how your next fill goes!

Hi Dana & Everyone...My band date is 7/15/09 and I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading all your posts. There is allot of good information here and I love how different everyone is and how each person has their own story to tell. I am extremely nervous about my surgery and have started getting emotional since the day was set. From what I have read from you all that is a normal response. I live alone, don't have any local friends, and my family is about 4 hours away. My boyfriend lives 1 1/2 hours away and I just see him on the weekends so sometimes I feel lonely and overwhelmed at starting this journey by myself. Although I don't know any of you, it is comforting to know someone is going through, and has gone through, what I am about to experience.

Well I just wanted to say thanks for coming back each day and telling your stories. It is an inspiration for those who have not been banded yet and a wonderful source of information.

Hi Dana & Everyone...My band date is 7/15/09 and I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading all your posts. There is allot of good information here and I love how different everyone is and how each person has their own story to tell. I am extremely nervous about my surgery and have started getting emotional since the day was set. From what I have read from you all that is a normal response. I live alone, don't have any local friends, and my family is about 4 hours away. My boyfriend lives 1 1/2 hours away and I just see him on the weekends so sometimes I feel lonely and overwhelmed at starting this journey by myself. Although I don't know any of you, it is comforting to know someone is going through, and has gone through, what I am about to experience.

Well I just wanted to say thanks for coming back each day and telling your stories. It is an inspiration for those who have not been banded yet and a wonderful source of information.

Susan,

Just let me start out by saying CONGRATS on your upcoming surgery. It is truely amazing most of us on this board are strangers but I feel like I have a connection with everyone. This board has been SO supportive and full of encouragement and wonderful advice for me throughout this whole journey. Good Luck to you and anytime you need to vent, ask questions about anything or just pop in to say Hi, please do, we would love to hear from you! You will meet truely AMAZING people on this board that will become your biggest support group you will have!

Good Luck to you!

Carrie

(((((((((((((((((((Susan)))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so excited for you and your upcoming band date. I can absolutely relate to what you're going though. I have to admit, I'm 1 month post op and I'm so glad I had the surgery. I feel wonderful plus I weigh less, what could be better?

xo

Please keep us updated.

Hi Susan,

Congrats! I hope to be able to make July date for surgery as well. I'm just waiting for some funds that are owed me to come through. I too have found this to be an absolutely fabulous site for information. After reading so many posts, I feel really informed and know what to expect before, during and after the procedure, don't you? Thanks to all you bandsters that have "gone before" and have shared with the rest of us. You are truly appreciated! ><'

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone! I agree Red, this is a great place. I am getting banded in the OC, not Mexico, and even though this forum is for OCC patients it is so wonderful that you all welcome others to join in on the converstations!