61 lbs gone...FOREVER!

Hi All - my 6 months bandiversary was last week, April 8...just been busy since. I wanted to share and keep you abreast on my journey thus far...and well, I am over the half way mark ~ unbelievable! I am truly going for an amazing ride now, as I am now heading DOWN the slope from the mountaintop I'm on! 61 pounds gone...FOREVER, never to be seen again!

I've totally changed my ways of eating, thinking, and doing now. I am more focused on the fitness rather than eating. In fact, food is the last thing on my mind. I am now doing THREE (3) challenge teams on SparkPeople (2 Biggest Loser and a Harry Potter one - such fun!). I now walk between 5 to 7.5 miles a day, depending if I have strength training or not. My goal is to do the 5k walk, non-stop. I can do 3 miles...but then I start to huff and puff! I am doing so much, I am hardly at home and I am really enjoying life right now! It's awesome! I really never thought I'd be so deligent and committed as much as I am determine to do so now with this lifestyle change I'm on. I've tried foods I've never had, done things I would never even looked at, and met oodles of new people whose been blessed to be part of my life's memories.

My current newest mantra ~ "One tiny bite at a time, one baby step at a time, one pound at a time, and one full day at a time".

Come Sat, May 2, I will attend the HUGE SparkPeople first conference that is coming to San Diego and it's going to change my life...literally, and I just can't wait. I will be meeting other bandsters there as well. So, it's going to be awesome.

I wish I could do pics on the computer, but I still don't know how yet and it hasn't been my top priorities to do. BUT, I've been taking my monthly pics and I have them in my little tiny diskette! (smile)

Thank you all PMs and emails, encouragements, and friendships. I truly love my band, my band brothers and sisters, and, of course, I can't thank OCC enough for my new life! Be well...

Are you on fire or what!? That has to feel awesome! I am so glad members post there sucess here. It is so encouraging! I am looking forward to seeing more of your successes! Go Jude go! Post some pictures, we want to oooo and ahhhh over your progress!

Oh my gosh Jude - you are doing great! Big YIPPEEE on your success! I can't wait to see the pictures!! Get them on fast please!

You rock!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa! You've been a great help to me, as you were one of the people who had helped me get started. I truly appreciate you still coming here on the forum and share with your success. I just never thought I'd would follow, as I can't believe I am in this position to tell all thus far. It's amazing, isn't it?

Congrats that is amazing in just 6 months! You have done an amazing job :) I hope I am that successful!!

Thank you Christy! Yes, isn't it amazing!?! I am REALLY listening to my body and band, as they really guide my days. Now that I know 'what to look for', I now can go about my day's activities and not focus too much on the food part.

YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! You just have to have the mindset and be prepared. I learned from the very beginning what the do's and don'ts are and I committed myself wholeheartedly to it. If I stayed on track, then I knew I was going to be successful. Mind you, I've fallen off the wagon a few times, but I just got up, brush myself off, and moved forward...every time. It's paying off and I feel great!

Are you on fire or what!? That has to feel awesome! I am so glad members post there sucess here. It is so encouraging! I am looking forward to seeing more of your successes! Go Jude go! Post some pictures, we want to oooo and ahhhh over your progress!

Hi Angie! On fire? Not quite...but I sure can 'spark' away! I feel quite elated. I try to post as often as I can to suggest, give stern talks, give useful tips, and post my journey..because that's what motivates me too. The others have been doing this and it's awesome, the teamwork we have here; the commarderie. Mind you, what works for one, may not work for you...but in you get the idea and I try to work with it and see how the idea or whatever, works for me.

I am going to try to get those pics and my measurements too, which is the dead give away as to what I was! I am slowing down in the scale number because of the muscle mass I've been building up. BUT, the inches is where I am losing and THAT is what counts for me. I don't do the scale weighing until I am required for my challenges weigh in days.

Keep the focus!

Hi Angie! On fire? Not quite...but I sure can 'spark' away! I feel quite elated. I try to post as often as I can to suggest, give stern talks, give useful tips, and post my journey..because that's what motivates me too. The others have been doing this and it's awesome, the teamwork we have here; the commarderie. Mind you, what works for one, may not work for you...but in you get the idea and I try to work with it and see how the idea or whatever, works for me.

I am going to try to get those pics and my measurements too, which is the dead give away as to what I was! I am slowing down in the scale number because of the muscle mass I've been building up. BUT, the inches is where I am losing and THAT is what counts for me. I don't do the scale weighing until I am required for my challenges weigh in days.

Keep the focus!

Congrats !

I am so glad you are doing good. You give such great advice and we can always count on you for help. Again congrats and cant wait to see your pics!

Carrie

Congrats !

I am so glad you are doing good. You give such great advice and we can always count on you for help. Again congrats and cant wait to see your pics!

Carrie

Aww Carrie! Thanks and I try to help out as much as I can...you are doing great too! Just remember not to focus too hard on the food part and just focus on life itself...((HUGS!))...Jazzy!!

61 pounds gone...FOREVER, never to be seen again!

I've totally changed my ways of eating, thinking, and doing now. I am more focused on the fitness rather than eating. In fact, food is the last thing on my mind.

Hello Jude,

Congratulations on your success! I am so amazed at how fast people are losing weight with the band. I noticed you said you are focused on fitness rather than eating. Sadly to say I always think about food especially late at night, will this change once I have the band?

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I too am anxious to see photos!

-Bella

Hello Jude,

Congratulations on your success! I am so amazed at how fast people are losing weight with the band. I noticed you said you are focused on fitness rather than eating. Sadly to say I always think about food especially late at night, will this change once I have the band?

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I too am anxious to see photos!

-Bella

Hi Bella! Thank you...and YES!! It can change your way of thinking what is more important to you healthwise. TRUST me...it took me awhile, but now all I can focus on is the fitness and keeping busy with living my own life now...and I am finding new things to try, new places to go, and new friends to know! It's amazing and so incredibly fun! I am determine now more than ever to live my life to the fullest. My birthday is this coming Saturday and I am excited!! I feel fantastic!!

YOU CAN DO THIS...keep the focus on your dream and you shall have it! Jazzy!!

=D> JazzyJude:

Way to go!!! I am just a few weeks post surgery....have lost 20 pounds but seem to be stuck. I have started walking and that makes me feel fabulous. However, I do seem to still be obsessed with food. Would you be willing to share the food plan (if any) that you are following?

Thanks so much for all your postings!!! You are truly an inspiration!!

Happy Girl

=D> JazzyJude:

Way to go!!! I am just a few weeks post surgery....have lost 20 pounds but seem to be stuck. I have started walking and that makes me feel fabulous. However, I do seem to still be obsessed with food. Would you be willing to share the food plan (if any) that you are following?

Thanks so much for all your postings!!! You are truly an inspiration!!

Happy Girl

Hi Happy Girl! WELCOME to Bandland! You are doing AMAZING thus far! Don't worry about still being obsessed with food...that is only natural and soon enough you will not be thinking of it at all...in fact, you may at times 'forget' to eat (yeah, can you imagine that?).

Ah, so you've past the clear and creamy soup stage it seems and ready to eat solids. As a reminder, everyone is totally different and eat different foods. I was more focusing on proteins than anthing else. Dr. O said to eat 1/3 of what you use to eat and this is a good rule of thumb after your first 21 days post op until you get your 1st or 2nd fill. After that, it's what you can handle. But you first and foremost is proteins, then veggies/fruits, and if you've the room, carbs/starches. Currently, I cannot eat 1/3 of what I use to...no way! My restriction is not allowing that much food in me and I don't even miss it! When I think I am hungry, I reach for a water and wait it out for 10 minutes or so and if I am still hungry, then I reach for a 'grab-bit' bag of snack items to eat and that satisfies me.

I ALWAYS measure my foods...every meal and I use the measuring cups/spoons. I use the same ratio for all meals:

~ 3 to 4 oz of PROTEINS (meats, chicken, pork, fish, beans)

~ 2 oz of Veggies/Fruits

~ 2 oz of Carbs/starches (rice, pasta, breads, potatoes)

Drinking is just as important too. I drink between 8 to 10 (8) oz of water daily. My first 3 months I was drinking a lot of Special K Protein Water (love the Berry flavor)...and I still do have it from time to time. I drink mostly plain water but do love those wonderful "to go" drink packets too! Tea and hot cocoa are my other drinks.

When I started on solids, I progressed from softer to denser foods, to get my new pouch reacquianted with eating solids. I did a lot of repetitive meals as it was either easier or I was able to eat and was within my calorie range.tuna, pinto beans with cheese from Taco Bell, pork chops, moist chicken (I kept chicken in some kind of juice). Dark meat is easier than white meat.

These are example of what I ate post op: (NOTE ~ a variety of soups, chilis, and stews! - this is my all time fave for all meals!)

BREAKFAST:

~ Scrambled eggs, with bacon and cheese with salsa

~ Quaker Instant Oatmeal (Maple and Brown Sugar) and would add bananas, raisins, or some berries

~ Protein shake (chocolate and strawberry together OR chocolate and peanut butter powder)

~ Honey Nut Cheerios

~ Yogurt with berries

LUNCH or DINNER:

~ Pinto beans with Cheese from Taco Bell (I had this at least once a week or more!) - high proteins for me!

~ Tuna fish

~ Cottage Cheese

~ Mashed cauliflower with herbs and spices and spray butter

~ Top Ramen noodles (do not use the flavor packet) boiled in chicken or beef broth. Add real bacon bits

~ Quinoa (it's like a rice pasta) and add veggies and I've used low sodium terriyaki sauce OR lemon and butter and herbs/spices - yummo!

~ Salad with chicken or steak and cheese

~ Baked potatoes, without the skin, and add veggies on top with either melted cheese, Greek or Italian yogurt (HIGH in proteins!), or even creamed cheese

Of course, this is not a complete list but to give you some ideas of what I eat. As the more fills I get, I've noticed I can eat certain things, such as breads, firmer eggs, real densed foods like carrots, radishes, and hamburger.

I don't overload my proteins in one meal either ~ the max would be 25 grams per meal.

I do snack in between meals IF I need it. Snacks are pretty much Wheat Thins and cheese, apples with cheese melted or peanut butter, beef steak nuggets (beef jerky), Special K fruit bars, 100 calories snacks, fudgesicles, pudding, jello, nuts, some protein bars such as the Luna bar. I use to eat celery with either cream cheese or peanut butter. I would even have a spoonful of peanut butter alone! Just all depends on my cravings.

When I workout, I am upping my calories (1200 to 1550) and proteins (70 to 90 grams) too. After my morning workout in the wee hours, I will have a protein shake within 30 minutes to help with the muscle building, toning and firming. I walk anywhere between 5 to 7 miles a day and this has been a great motivator for me as I've lost inches by walking around.

I do NOT do frozen dinners at all. I prefer my own cooking and once in a great blue moon, I will go out and when I do, I select either a salad, soup, chili, or stew. You can't go wrong with any of those choices.

Hope this helps ~ sorry for this being long winded! Good luck and remember to keep track of what you are eating...major plus in my books (smile)! It helps keeps you accountable. Jazzy!!

Hello Jude,

It has been a long time since I posted to you! I couldn't resist giving you a big CONGRATULATIONS! on your fabulous work so far with your band.

Wow! you are doing amazing and all so healthfully and following the rules and being such an inspiration!!

Keep up the good work and yes! please get those photos up soon.

I am plugging away and loosing very slowly, but am due for a good fill, and hoping it will get me going in the weight loss again. I am really exercising now and that should also get things moving.

Thanks for posting your diet and food ideas......it is always helpful to see what is working for others.

It must feel Great! to be on the downhill run to goal......you go girl!

Hugs!

Rhonda

:D Thanks, Jazzy for all the great eating tips. I broke out my scale and measuring cups/spoons and plan to follow in your very successful footsteps.

Just want to add that I visited my internist yesterday to follow up on my cholesterol levels. Guess what??? They are going down and he is not putting me on medication....hooray!! He said the lapband was definitely a plus for me (but I could have told him that)!

Have a great day!!

:-h

Hello Jude,

It has been a long time since I posted to you! I couldn't resist giving you a big CONGRATULATIONS! on your fabulous work so far with your band.

Wow! you are doing amazing and all so healthfully and following the rules and being such an inspiration!!

Keep up the good work and yes! please get those photos up soon.

I am plugging away and loosing very slowly, but am due for a good fill, and hoping it will get me going in the weight loss again. I am really exercising now and that should also get things moving.

Thanks for posting your diet and food ideas......it is always helpful to see what is working for others.

It must feel Great! to be on the downhill run to goal......you go girl!

Hugs!

Rhonda

Rhonda!! My goodness girl! I am so glad you stop by and post to let us know how you are doing. YOU keep the focus and faith! The band really, really works if you just let it be. Just let go of the food and live your life and you are on your way!

I guess I am one of those people who really listens and be a stickler to do exactly what I should be doing. I am determine and I've got the drive and I want to succeed. Don't get me wrong, I do have my 'fallen days'...but I don't think negative about it, brush myself off and move forward.

Hope to see you more often Rhonda!! ((HUGS!!))...Jazzy!!

congrats jazz.. wow... whata achievement =D> ><' =D> =D>

cant wait to loose all that weight..........

good luck for future...............

Nazish...thanks for your kind words and YOU CAN DO THIS too! Have your 'mindset' in place and know what you want and follow it. Have your goals ALWAYS updated and as you reached them (make them small, reachable ones), write new ones in. It's awe-inspiring to oneself when you can 'cross' off your goals and do more...it's actually excites you and that motivates you to keep going!

Good luck babe...Jazzy!!

:D Thanks, Jazzy for all the great eating tips. I broke out my scale and measuring cups/spoons and plan to follow in your very successful footsteps.

Just want to add that I visited my internist yesterday to follow up on my cholesterol levels. Guess what??? They are going down and he is not putting me on medication....hooray!! He said the lapband was definitely a plus for me (but I could have told him that)!

Have a great day!!

:-h

YEAH!! FABULOUS news for you! You keep going girl...you are going places now! Trust me, at first, using those silly measuring cups/spoons seems like a waste of time...but once you 'see' the pounds melt away, you will LOVE them!

Way to go Happy Girl ~ how proud are you today! Jazzy!!