Exercise at home

Hey everyone! So, my weight is starting to drop again, but not as quick as I want. I work out with my trainer 2 times a week so I can't afford a gym membership. So, just wondering what all of you are doing. NO, I don't have Wii, so Wii fit is out. Are any of you using a DVD series? What are all of you doing at home? I feel I am getting enough weight training but I need some cardio ideas. I also have an elliptical here at the house (maybe I need to increase doing that too). Anyway, I used to have some exercise VHS tapes and I enjoyed it. I want to buy something to pop in and do before my hubby gets home from work. Thanks to all of you, yall are great! :)

Hey everyone! So, my weight is starting to drop again, but not as quick as I want. I work out with my trainer 2 times a week so I can't afford a gym membership. So, just wondering what all of you are doing. NO, I don't have Wii, so Wii fit is out. Are any of you using a DVD series? What are all of you doing at home? I feel I am getting enough weight training but I need some cardio ideas. I also have an elliptical here at the house (maybe I need to increase doing that too). Anyway, I used to have some exercise VHS tapes and I enjoyed it. I want to buy something to pop in and do before my hubby gets home from work. Thanks to all of you, yall are great! :)

I got those 10-minute trainer videos--it was about $70 and it comes with 5 different 10-minute videos targeting different areas of your body. I used to do 2 a day before I started going to the gym and wow! Let me tell you, in 20 minutes you really work up a sweat! Especially if you do one of the cardio ones coupled with the yoga one. The yoga one is hard but sweaty! :)

Hi Dana! I have some DVD's that I like. One that is really simple and fast is "Walk Away the Pounds" It has different miles you can do it in. 1, 2 3, 4 mile. You are done before you know it. Plus it gets your heart rate up and going. I have the FIRM series. My all time fav is yoga.

I have a several pieces of work out equipment at home too. So it is nice to change it up. I am looking forward to reading what other members have to say.

Hey Dana! I one of those exercise DVD queens hubby dubbed me! LOL BUT, I like a variety so I won't get bored.

Here's a few of what I use most days (I some times would use dumbbells or bands with them too):

~ Turbo Jam! by Chalene Johnson - I totally LOVE kickboxing and this really helps with the whole body cardio. I do this morning and night, every day...very exillerating and you really work up a sweat and heart rate!

~ Walking DVDs by Leslie Sansone (like Angie uses) I walk EVERY morning with her, between 1 to 3 miles, before going to work. She has several you can choose from and I got mine from Target/WalMart

~ 10 Minute Trainer by Tony Horton (might be the same Angela is talking about?). I love these quick 10 minutes exercises...and can do these ANY time. I got this from Beachbody.

~ DON'T LAUGH...but I still have Richard Simmon's Dance videos and totally love these. I use them as 'warm ups' in the mornings before I do my strength and cardios. It just put you in a happy mood!

~ Slim in 6 - this is an oldie but goodie for me. You sure work up a sweat on this one too. I got this from Beachbody.

~ Tae Bo with Billy Banks. He has several videos and they are all great! My fave right now is his Bootcamp. Prepare to have a towel to wipe off!! lol

Here's a couple equipments I have at home:

~ Stair Step Master by Reebok, I believe. I use this every other day. Great for the legs, calves, and butt!

~ Bender Ball - I do this about once a week...it really works on the abs!

I alternate between the ones above every week for a change. Hope this helps you...((HUGS!!)) Jazzy!!

I have a pilates DVD that I need to get out again and utilize. I bought it from an infomercial on tv and am hoping I have gained enough muscle to endure the workout. The one I use when I don't make it to the Y is from Weight Watchers, it has three levels and I either do the moderate or high level.

If you aren't sure what you want to do, you might check some out from your local library. They typically have a large selection and this will give you a chance to try different options before you invest money in some. Another place I have seen a bunch of videos for sale are second hand stores. Mind you many of these have women on the front wearing tights and leotards, but as long as you can get past the clothing and hairstyles, you should find some productive calorie burning activities inside.

I actually have the WII Fit and LOVE it! It works awesome and it makes it fun. I actually look forward to working out. And I've lost 10 pounds on that since I got it last month!

We would love to have a WII, but we just can't make that investment right now. Maybe one day.....(if they don't come out with something else before then! lol)

I actually have the WII Fit and LOVE it! It works awesome and it makes it fun. I actually look forward to working out. And I've lost 10 pounds on that since I got it last month!

I LOVE OUR WII....

AS A KID, MY MOM ALWAYS HAD US GIRLS IN DANCE LESSONS. I'VE BECOME A HUGE FAN OF OLD BURLESQUE AFTER SEEING A FEW SHOWS LAST SUMMER SO I ORDERED A DVD. IT'S ALOT OF FUN, A GOOD WORKOUT AND COMES IN HANDY ;)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&...a=N&tab=wv#

I LOVE OUR WII....

AS A KID, MY MOM ALWAYS HAD US GIRLS IN DANCE LESSONS. I'VE BECOME A HUGE FAN OF OLD BURLESQUE AFTER SEEING A FEW SHOWS LAST SUMMER SO I ORDERED A DVD. IT'S ALOT OF FUN, A GOOD WORKOUT AND COMES IN HANDY ;)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&...a=N&tab=wv#

LOL LOVE IT! :P

Hey Dana! I one of those exercise DVD queens hubby dubbed me! LOL BUT, I like a variety so I won't get bored.

Here's a few of what I use most days (I some times would use dumbbells or bands with them too):

~ Turbo Jam! by Chalene Johnson - I totally LOVE kickboxing and this really helps with the whole body cardio. I do this morning and night, every day...very exillerating and you really work up a sweat and heart rate!

JazzyJude, I've seen you mention Turbo Jam a couple times on these boards, and i'm really intrigued. I love kickboxing too, but i'm apprehensive about starting it up at my size. I'm not exactly in shape right now, but i'd really like to try this DVD out. Can you tell me more about it? Does it start out really intense like the infomercials show, or does it build in difficulty? When did you start the video (at what fitness level?)

Thanks ahead of time, Babe :)

I love belly dancing, yoga, whatever - go to your local library and check out a bunch of CDs, once you find out what you really like you can normally find it on amazon. (But I hate buying before I try - so I check it out first)

Have some fun - try things you would never normally look at if its free!

I'll do almost anything once!

Good luck!

JazzyJude, I've seen you mention Turbo Jam a couple times on these boards, and i'm really intrigued. I love kickboxing too, but i'm apprehensive about starting it up at my size. I'm not exactly in shape right now, but i'd really like to try this DVD out. Can you tell me more about it? Does it start out really intense like the infomercials show, or does it build in difficulty? When did you start the video (at what fitness level?)

Thanks ahead of time, Babe :)

Hi Babe ~ what I like about Turbo Jam is that you can be at any weight and go as slow as you want. I started at the beginning and progress up. I still do the beginning even now as I like to concentrate on the moves. For example, they may do a total of 15 and I was only able to do like 8. But that is ok. I started doing Turbo Jam at my heaviest at 272 lbs and I muddled through it...BUT I didn't give up! I did just the first stage until I thought I could go to the next step.

Check to see if this is available at your local library and try it. Mind you, at first I thought NO WAY! But once you start it and continue, it's a piece of cake and you go at your own pace. I now find myself doing some of Billy Banks and Turbo Jam on my breaks for a few minutes and just jam it up! 10 minutes here and there is all you need to get in a little exercise and it sort of revitalize me too.

Hope this helps...

Hi Babe ~ what I like about Turbo Jam is that you can be at any weight and go as slow as you want. I started at the beginning and progress up. I still do the beginning even now as I like to concentrate on the moves. For example, they may do a total of 15 and I was only able to do like 8. But that is ok. I started doing Turbo Jam at my heaviest at 272 lbs and I muddled through it...BUT I didn't give up! I did just the first stage until I thought I could go to the next step.

Check to see if this is available at your local library and try it. Mind you, at first I thought NO WAY! But once you start it and continue, it's a piece of cake and you go at your own pace. I now find myself doing some of Billy Banks and Turbo Jam on my breaks for a few minutes and just jam it up! 10 minutes here and there is all you need to get in a little exercise and it sort of revitalize me too.

Hope this helps...

Jude....Which Turbo Jam do you have?

I haven't done it, but I want to order Core Rhythms off TV. Turbo Jam looks really good too!

I had a Richard Simmons tape years ago and I LOVED it! It had toning bands with it and it didn't feel so bad as you were doing it, but the next day your legs and arms felt like they were gonna fall off! I think an old roommate took it when we moved - I really miss that tape, he was cheesy as all hell, but it was good.

Back when I was really broke, I used to turn on one of the music channels and just have dance time. I would literally just dance my ass off like I was drunk at a club for about 30 minutes and I would work up a good sweat. I probably looked stupid, but it was great!

If anyone has done Core Rhythms let me know if you like it.

Hey Dana,

Hubby and I bought the P90X series from Beachbody $120.00. We seen advertisements for it on TV . Anyway it has a total of 15 DVDs and it is VERY intense. There is ALOT of it I cant do, HOWEVER I do what I can. I like the AB Ripper and Kenpo. It is a KICK BUTT workout and it works EVERY part of your body and some parts I did not even have a clue I had. Hubby has dropped 20 lbs in about a month a half with this and our new eating habits. He does not need to loose anymore, so now he is trying to tone and get his Muscles a little bigger. Its fun to have someone to TRY to keep up with.

Good Luck

Carrie

Carrie - P90X is going to be my NEXT series of exercises. I am not quite ready for that high intense just yet. Let me know how you are doing with it...I am VERY interested!!

Dana ~ there is only one Turbo Jam and it has (5) CDs plus the Punch, Kick and Jam bonus CD, plus you get the scupt gloves, the elite cards (showing how to do the exercises on 3 x 5 cards like), and other goodies too.

Here's the (5) CDs you get with it. I really like the Learn and Burn because it's an all over body workout and it just makes you sweat and feel great afterwards! I do the 20 Minute Workout CD every day and evening...it's fun!

Learn & Burn - this is the one you start with

Chalene leads you through her signature "Elite 11" moves you'll use to blast pounds and inches! (30 minutes)

Turbo Sculpt

A tighten-and-tone session to reshape, trim, and flatten those problem areas. (40 minutes)

20 Minute Workout - I do this in the mornings and evenings currently

A quick, full-body workout for when you're short on time. (20 minutes)

Cardio Party

A turbocharged dance fest—you won't want this calorie blaster to end! (45 minutes)

Ab Jam

An ab routine that attacks your core from every angle for lean, sexy abs. (20 minutes)

You can order it through beachbody.com or call their 800 number.