Protein Drinks

I only do protein drinks when I'm in a pinch. This happened the other day. I was trying to find "lunch" at a gas station, lol! I ended up buying Muscle Milk light for the first time (Vanilla) and it is DELICIOUS!!! Also, I don't know if it's just in Canada, but I had a smoothie at Booster Juice yesterday that had 30 grams of protein! It was the banana and pineapple one, can't remember the name. Cals were quite high (400?) but it was the only thing I had to eat for hours while running around getting ready for my daughters bday and it was a great treat!!!

Sabrina:)

I thought I'd start this since I'm always seeing people state their faves in different threads........

I love MuscleMilk protein powder in Root Beer Float flavor and then I add 1/4-1/2 cup of Nancys vanilla nonfat yogurt with some ice and blend. Oh my gosh is it delish!I could drink these all day, but I usually have one in the morning. it runs about 410 calories and has a whopping 38 grams of protein and it tastes phenomenal.

I used to buy it at the supersupplement store for $39.95, but I found it cheaper on wholesalesupplementstore.com for $26.00 and they deliver it within 3-4 days.

EAS makes a protein drink that I get at Target. It has 17 G protein and around 110 calories. I've had it in three flavors, chocolate fudge, strawberry and french vanilla. Cold it is so good to just sip on. Vons carries eating right smoothies too that are good. :rolleyes:

These are all great... keep them coming.

I am still on the 21 day liquid diet and was out and about yesterday. I picked up a cold Chocolate Milk Pro-Nos. 17oz at 200 cals. I was suprised... pretty tasty. I couldnt finish it so I'm sipping on it now......

That one at Target is EAS AdvantEdge....only 110 calories and pretty tasty. My favorite flavor is Dark Chocolate....so rich!!! Not chalky like others. That is my favorite considering the low calorie count.

Ditto! I live a crazy hectic life and really like the pre-made ones. Powders you blend yourself are probably better, but that is just not realistic for me I need the premade ones. I've tried several and this one is by far my favorite.

I have a tecture/taste issue. I don't like stuff that is chalky, gritty, sandy, off flavored,etc.

I like the AmazeRX you see on TV (www.AmazeRX.com). It tastes like a ice cream milkshake and has (4) flavors, dutch chocolate, frimcj vanilla, strawberry cheesecake and mocha chocolate - they are all good and you mix with cold water. 17grams for 6 oz.

I have a tecture/taste issue. I don't like stuff that is chalky, gritty, sandy, off flavored,etc.

I like the AmazeRX you see on TV (www.AmazeRX.com). It tastes like a ice cream milkshake and has (4) flavors, dutch chocolate, frimcj vanilla, strawberry cheesecake and mocha chocolate - they are all good and you mix with cold water. 17grams for 6 oz.

I agree with not liking chalky, off flavored and also for me is consistency. I like them to be slightly thicker. Not watery so I'm not into the scoop and shake method. I think that is why I generally go for the premade shakes so I feel like I'm getting more of the thicker milkshake I so miss.

• 5 weeks later...
EAS makes a protein drink that I get at Target. It has 17 G protein and around 110 calories. I've had it in three flavors, chocolate fudge, strawberry and french vanilla. Cold it is so good to just sip on. Vons carries eating right smoothies too that are good. :rolleyes:

I use

EAS

Myoplex Lite Chocolate Cream...........

It's like 180 Cals, 20gr. of protein

I blend it with crushed ice - I like the shakes thick- I find it holds me longer........ I start the day with it......

I had the powder one and it's thick! I make it with skim milk for the morning But if I was to use it @ lunch time I'd use the water... It's something mental with me in the mornign using milk... But I'd use ready made, It doesn't matter which one to me. I like whatever one is on sale :D

Syntha 6 Powders are the BEST! I have tried them all! Cookies and Cream is my fav. I dont have these all the time because they are a little higher in calorie. But, it is so wonderful!

Muscle Milk Light premades are my fav. Chocolate Milk flavor is by far my fav.

I also us the Muscle Milk Light powder, it is the lowest in calorie like 90.

I have to have a protein shake everyday!

Smiley,

I have an unflavored one from UNJURY that is about as good as I think protein powder can get.

Like you, I have taste and texture issues with protein powder. This UNJURY stuff is the best I have ever had as far as texture, blends well into drinks. The colder your drink is, the longer you will have shake it but it will blend and not leave all that chunky, globby stuff on the sides like many others do.

Taste, well, you will know that there is protein powder in your drink (mostly because of the protein powder smell I think) but I put the unflavored in my crystal lite and it does not overpower the flavor of the crystal lite.

UNJURY is online only as far as I can tell so that is a downside if you are looking for somethin quick. They only have a few flavors and the only thing they warn against is putting the protein powder into liquids hotter that 130 degrees because it will change the texture.

I have tried all the flavors, (chocolate, strawberry sorbet, vanilla, chicken soup and unflavored) and the only one I really do not like is the chicken soup. I do not use protein powder very much any longer but these were the only ones I could ever tolerate.

The site has some good information as well. Just Google UNJURY.

Hope you find something you like.

Dawn

Dawn -

Thanks for the information on the UNJURY. I would love to be able to put something in my Crystal Light or Tea just to be able to boost my protein intake occasionally, especially when I am on liquids. I will check it out.

Andrea

I swear by the Premier Nutrition Protein Dietary Supplement in Chocolate, with 30 Grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 160 calories & only 1 gram of sugar.

I bought them at Costco in No. California., about $27. for a case.

Everyone that I have given one to loves them also...very tasty not chalky!!!

I have at least one and usually two protein shakes a day. I LOVE GNC's Advantage shakes. 120 calories and 21 grams of protein. Before I started drinking the shakes, I was in a plateau. My hair was looking bad and falling out and I was bruising lots. So, my husband (also a nurse) had a talk with me about protein intake. I knew he was right so I went to GNC and got the shakes. I mix mine with skim milk because I always need calcium. Since I started, I have lost another 20lbs. It was just what my body needed. :D