AUGUST SURGERIES AND FILLS

You'll be fine. I just was banded Monday 8/10. The surgery is smooth and swift and done in no time. I couldn't believe it. The only thing that gave me problems were the fancy panties. One size fits all, I put them on backwards just because. You do things differently sometimes when you're over 50. The Marriot is nice and staff is wonderful. Think positive and happy healthy future for you too. Oh, make sure Rene gives you accurate information on your pick up for departure. Was left waiting for over an hour to be picked up, driver was not called until 7 and our pick up time was 6:30 am, delayed at security, rushed, hence very sore when finally in seat on plane home. Travel frequently and thought that Rene's performance and services might be lacking. One low point isn't bad at all. Muffintop. :-h

I leave for the OCC tomorrow afternoon for my surgery on Friday! I have to admit I have had last minute cold feet at times. Not about the procedure itself but about the "what ifs" after..."what if" the band slips, there are complications, etc. Silly stuff! I am committed to doing this and making this change in my life though!

Hi Margaret, I had my surgery last Wednesday and it went very well. Everyone at the clinic is so amazingly nice...it was a great experience! Dr. Ortiz is a total sweetheart (and VERY easy on the eyes too!)...he takes time to talk to you at length beforehand...puts you totally at ease. You have absolutely nothing to worry about! We stayed at the Lucerna and it was beautiful. The rooms are just standard but the hotel itself is very nice and everyone is wonderful. Alonso the doorman is fantastic and will help you any way he can. The pool is so beautiful to sit by too!

There is a cantina just 1.5 blocks away from the hotel (big bright yellow building) that you MUST go to!!! They have the best food ever!!!! And the atmosphere is great...for 2 days we ate there and even got to enjoy a mariachi band there - I cannot recommend it enough! And it is safe to walk to - your biggest threat will be the sidewalks as they are very broken up so be careful!

It is day 5 post-surgery and my port is definitely sore but the other incisions I don't even feel. I didn't have any trouble at all with gas pains...they were mild for a couple of days but nothing bad at all. I haven't been hungry at all - I think of food constantly but truly have not been hungry! I am feeling a bit "slow" today but that is probably due to a lack of food.

You will be fine...everyone is super nice and helpful...good luck, when is your surgery?

Hi Margaret, I had my surgery last Wednesday and it went very well. Everyone at the clinic is so amazingly nice...it was a great experience! Dr. Ortiz is a total sweetheart (and VERY easy on the eyes too!)...he takes time to talk to you at length beforehand...puts you totally at ease. You have absolutely nothing to worry about! We stayed at the Lucerna and it was beautiful. The rooms are just standard but the hotel itself is very nice and everyone is wonderful. Alonso the doorman is fantastic and will help you any way he can. The pool is so beautiful to sit by too!

There is a cantina just 1.5 blocks away from the hotel (big bright yellow building) that you MUST go to!!! They have the best food ever!!!! And the atmosphere is great...for 2 days we ate there and even got to enjoy a mariachi band there - I cannot recommend it enough! And it is safe to walk to - your biggest threat will be the sidewalks as they are very broken up so be careful!

It is day 5 post-surgery and my port is definitely sore but the other incisions I don't even feel. I didn't have any trouble at all with gas pains...they were mild for a couple of days but nothing bad at all. I haven't been hungry at all - I think of food constantly but truly have not been hungry! I am feeling a bit "slow" today but that is probably due to a lack of food.

You will be fine...everyone is super nice and helpful...good luck, when is your surgery?

Thanks for the update, Jen!

My surgery is set for September 25, 2009. It's going to be stressful getting there. Not physically, as I live 25 minutes away, but because my husband will be out of town, returning the evening of the surgery date. I have to be at the OCC at 7:00 am which means a departure from my home no later than 6 just to be safe. The night before I have school from 4-10 PM!

Luckily, I have some good friends and I'm working on having one friend stay the night Thursday and feed my kids and get them to bed. She'll stay the night and get up with the kids in the morning, get them fed, and ready for school. Another friend will drive them to school and pick them up afterward. HOPEFULLY, my husband's flight home with be on time and he'll get home in time to get the kids to bed. But, if not, I need to figure out a backup plan.

Part of me feels guilty for doing the surgery on a day that isn't so convenient for my family but mostly I just want to get this part of the journey over with and continue on the road with a band. That's how much I'm ready to do this - I'm willing to not even see my kids for a whole day.

I'm hoping to go home the next day. Do you think that's possible?

Margaret

Where did everybody go on this thread? HOW ARE ALL YOU AUGUST PEOPLE DOING RIGHT NOW?

I'm having the surgery next month. I'd love to hear how you're doing since your August surgery!

Margaret

Hi Margaret I had my surgery on the 12th & I am doing really well!!! Can't wait to try solids. Good luck but be confident, it's a great experience!!!

Oh I also went back to the hotel the same day with my Mother :D

ABandster