My port has tilted so badly they might need to reopen me...

I went for another fill today, after 10 attempts (injection) attempts... she still could not hit the port so she sent me for an xray in the CT machine thing.

After scanning me, the nurse told me the results look very bad the port has tilted right up and is facing my head, to get a fill they would basically have to go in at an angle that would gr through my heart and lungs (an example only). She then said I will have to have further surgery to correct this.

I am so upset and angry! I am not a piece of meat to be slapped around, I am scared, upset and anxious through the roof.

Now tomorrow they made an urgent appt to see the Dr that did my surgery........

Is anyone else going through this? Am I not alone? I could use someone..

WB

Not sure the details of your situation but port surgery is usually not as dramatic as placing the band. Port replacements can be done with a local anesthetic. Still sucks you have to go through it but I hope it helps ease your anxiety a bit. Good luck.

Last night I was in pain and wasnt able to sleep on my left side (port side). Wonder if thats got anything to do with her trying to manipulate the port and inject me 10 times, ive never felt the port before now.

I hope its a local thing that he can fix today, i am so scared of getting another scar, its bad ebough being obese and stretchmarks and so on, but these scars are deep and psychological as well, i dont want more you know.

I havent done anything to upset the port no excercise at all, just normal gentle walking day to day. No lifting nothing. My week has been the worst one ever, a few other things as well I just hope that things start going right for me for a change.

I will let you all know what happens, but I wonder if anyone here has had to have their port moved or restitched etc? Im really worried still.

Last night I was in pain and wasnt able to sleep on my left side (port side). Wonder if thats got anything to do with her trying to manipulate the port and inject me 10 times, ive never felt the port before now.

I hope its a local thing that he can fix today, i am so scared of getting another scar, its bad ebough being obese and stretchmarks and so on, but these scars are deep and psychological as well, i dont want more you know.

I havent done anything to upset the port no excercise at all, just normal gentle walking day to day. No lifting nothing. My week has been the worst one ever, a few other things as well I just hope that things start going right for me for a change.

I will let you all know what happens, but I wonder if anyone here has had to have their port moved or restitched etc? Im really worried still.

((((((((((((((((((Butterfly)))))))))))))))))

Hugs to you. I'm so sorry to hear that you are in pain and that your port has moved. I do have a friend who had to have a surgical adjustment made to her band after her first fill. I saw her a few weeks after the second surgery. She was very confident in her doctor, the choice to have surgery and the lapband...

She has always indicated to me she'd do it all again in a heart beat.

Hang in there. Please update us when you can.

xo

Hi everyone,

After seeing the dr yesterday I am mortified and depressed even more than I thought was possible.

He said I DO have to have the port reopened and will get another scar i the same place as the 5cm port scar, and another general anesthetic.

I cant talk about this yet because I am feeling like i just want this piece of rubbish taken out!

He said that i may have busted a stitch of the port which was held in place onto my abdominal wall, he said even sneezing may have done it, i was thinking last time i had a fill the million injection attempts may have done it, anyway i have to be cut open again.

I think I want it gone, ... its weird no one else here has has this happen. Do you think he stuffed up? Can I really never sneeze again? Serious? I have not exercised or done anything strenuous. I remember after the op they normally do a CT to make sure its all in place, he refused me that.

I cant fathom this yet, i will post again soon, right now im really just very upset.

Hi everyone,

After seeing the dr yesterday I am mortified and depressed even more than I thought was possible.

He said I DO have to have the port reopened and will get another scar i the same place as the 5cm port scar, and another general anesthetic.

I cant talk about this yet because I am feeling like i just want this piece of rubbish taken out!

He said that i may have busted a stitch of the port which was held in place onto my abdominal wall, he said even sneezing may have done it, i was thinking last time i had a fill the million injection attempts may have done it, anyway i have to be cut open again.

I think I want it gone, ... its weird no one else here has has this happen. Do you think he stuffed up? Can I really never sneeze again? Serious? I have not exercised or done anything strenuous. I remember after the op they normally do a CT to make sure its all in place, he refused me that.

I cant fathom this yet, i will post again soon, right now im really just very upset.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Butterfly)))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. I was thinking what you were, that the numerous attempts to access your port may have caused the problem.

I wish I had the ability to write something so profound it would take your pain and hurt away. Your situation has me stunned and without words myself. I can't even imagine how you must feel.

Hugs. Please keep us posted.

xo

Oh my gosh!

I do hope you are ok. I've read through this post so fast I will have to re-read it again.

I too have had lots of problems, never knowing a band or port could move.

I had to go by ambulance to the hospital Thursday because of what I thought was my band trying to kill me again.

My heart rate was at 220 with no blood pressure to be found because they couldn't read it with that rate.

They got me slowed down and calmed down and now i think it's my "heart".

Keep posting please.

Prayers for you from South Carolina.

Michele

... its weird no one else here has has this happen.

I think most of the people here had their band put in at OCC, and Dr. Ortiz is the best in the world. :-)

I hope you get your port fixed and you have no further problems with your band.