Marriott or Lucerna?

Hi, I am typing this reply from my room in the Lucerna - everything is great with the exception of the beds...I got no sleep whatsoever last night because my bed is about as comfy as a concrete slab!!!! Seriously, if I could, I would sleep on the lounge chair by the pool! It is really a shame because it is a great hotel, everyone is super nice and the courtyard is just beautiful.

It is a safe area and nice to walk around. We twice ate at the Cantina a couple of blocks away (a big bright yellow building on the same side as the hotel, cannot miss it) - it was hands down the best food I have ever eaten!!! And they are so nice there - we had a mariachi band playing for us tonight.

Tomorrow is the big day...yikes!

Good luck whichever you decide on, I am sure you cannot go wrong. :rolleyes:

OH yes...the Cantina is phenomenal..it was my "last supper and beer" so to speak

hands down some of the best mexican food I have ever had!

I stayed both places and hands down, the Lucerna was my favorite. My bed was very soft and felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. And I was there 3 times and it was the same each time! The Mariott is ok, I just thought it looked and felt cold. Lucerna is much more personable and warm. Plus, you can walk from the OCC to the Lucerna. I did 4 hours after surgery. I was one of the lucky ones with nothing more than a bit of gas and NO PAIN AT ALL so the walk was very nice. THe Mariott is in a bit of a busier area with more traffic and I didn't feel anywhere near as safe as I did at the Lucerna.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I brought my mini notebook down and had internet access with no problems at all...just plugged it in and was on my way!

I love the Lucerna, the little restaurant out by the pool is actually one of my all time favorites. They do amazing seafood. (And I'm from Seattle; spend a lot of time in Halifax so I know great seafood).

The Lucerna is not fancy, it is clean, and the people are what make it special to me. Personally I’m not into chain hotels, restaurants so I do try to avoid them. When I go back I’ll be staying at the Lucerna.