Need another fill?

Holly85

I had my first fill 2 weeks ago and I don't feel any restriction. The Dr. put in 3cc and I am just wondering if I need to go back for more?

I would have to say yes. I would go back in and get more fill.

I had 3 fills each 1 month apart. (my Dr won't do a fill any sooner than a month after your last fill.) It took me 3 months to get any sort of restriction. I could book my next fill but at $300.00 a pop, it is a bit pricey. So I will wait. It is nice to see the scale move. When I stop loosing I will book my next fill.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a great video from Dr. Acosta explaining why a fill under fluoroscopy is beneficial and how to tell if you have good restriction:

Lori, thank you four putting that web site on here. I won't be able to come to Occ four my first fill, and was glad to watch this i hope they do the 3 b's here where i am going. They do the fluoroscopy or i would not go there. Deb

• 3 weeks later...

Debbie - you may want to confirm this - but I believe I have in my paperwork (or maybe an email that I got before surgery) that fills for those of us that have had surgery at the OCC are free - BUT, there is a $100 fee for flouroscopy. Now, take what you will from that, because I've never heard of the OCC doing a fill without flouroscopy - so, basically it's $100. :)

• 1 month later...
Debbie - you may want to confirm this - but I believe I have in my paperwork (or maybe an email that I got before surgery) that fills for those of us that have had surgery at the OCC are free - BUT, there is a $100 fee for flouroscopy. Now, take what you will from that, because I've never heard of the OCC doing a fill without flouroscopy - so, basically it's $100. :)

Yes it is $100, and for those who are wondering, the price for fill and round trip to San Diego airport or pick up at the border is $199, cash or personal check only. I will take a taxi for $10 round trip from the border. Its just as good to me.