Last Minute Question Before I leave for surgery

Hi All,

This might sound like a really silly question! In the paper work that we had to fill out it stated not to bring valuables. I have some things for work that I really could be working on while I am recovering and it would really be helpful if I could take my laptop with me. Do any of you guys that have already had the surgery think it would be a problem if I took my laptop with me? I am leaving early on Monday September 14th Thanks!

I think they just say that so you don't risk getting something stolen. I had to get work done while I was gone so I took my laptop and had no problems. It was really nice to have it in the room w/ me at the hotel.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Hi All,

This might sound like a really silly question! In the paper work that we had to fill out it stated not to bring valuables. I have some things for work that I really could be working on while I am recovering and it would really be helpful if I could take my laptop with me. Do any of you guys that have already had the surgery think it would be a problem if I took my laptop with me? I am leaving early on Monday September 14th Thanks!

We took out lap top and we were so glad to have it. I did leave my wedding ring along with my normal jewlery at home. Really there was no reason to take it.

Wooo hooo your surgery date is here!!!! Make sure to update us!

Thanks for all of the replies! I just wanted to be sure that it was safe to take the laptop with me, my whole life is on it! Ha! Ha!

I will let everyone know how it goes. A little nervous but keep telling myself if I can go through natural childbirth without any drugs or an epidural this surgery should be a breeze compared to that! Thanks again for all the responses.

Thanks for all of the replies! I just wanted to be sure that it was safe to take the laptop with me, my whole life is on it! Ha! Ha!

I will let everyone know how it goes. A little nervous but keep telling myself if I can go through natural childbirth without any drugs or an epidural this surgery should be a breeze compared to that! Thanks again for all the responses.

Not having my surgery at the OCC, I can't speak to the safety of taking a laptop, but I can speak to the safety of having your "whole life" on it. Make sure you have backed up all of your files on a disk, or whatever the newest word for it is. My whole life has been taken away from me before in regards to a computer and it was absolutely awful. You can also e-mail files to yourself as a way keep a back up copy.

I took my laptop and was so glad to have it! Loved your comment about giving birth...that is exactly what I told my mum..."I gave birth to a 10 pound baby with no drugs at all, this is a breeze!"...and it was!

Good luck, do let us know how it went!!!