Bandfree

Hi all

Just to let you know I'm doing well after having my band removed on Wednesday.

The surgeon said I had a big slip which wasn't there 2 weeks ago which accounts for the 15lbs in a week weight drop.

I feel a bit sore and the gas pain in the shoulder is how I remembered it.LOL

I'll keep the bandsters rules as I only want to gain that 15lbs back.

Hi all

The surgeon said I had a big slip which wasn't there 2 weeks ago which accounts for the 15lbs in a week weight drop.

I am so glad it went well for you Nicole! I was thinking of you today so I was happy to see your post. Did your surgeon say how long your stomach would take to heal and feel better?

Hi all

GREAT NEWS NICOLE!!!

HOPE YOUR FEELING UP TO PAR IN A FEW DAYS :)

Thanks Guys

I have 6 extra holes as they didn't use the same sites.

I can eat real food straight away and after 18mths I'm hungry. I'm trying to

make good choices and drink plenty of water.

Do you think you will have a new band put back in, eventually? I am curious... What did they say caused the slippage after 6 months? That seems like a long time after surgery to have a band slip. I am 14 months out and curious... I have thought about what I would do if I lost my band.. I am not sure I would have it replaced. Don't get me wrong - it is a wonderful tool but I just don't know that it would be worth it for me at this point. My patterns / eating habits have changed so dramatically over the last 2 years... I wonder if I would fall back into my old habits?

Good luck, Nicolek! I relaly hope you are doing well. You did phenomenally well with the band - so I am sure you will succeed in whatever you do without it. :)

Nicole,

OMG girl!!....what a great attitude you have. Can you give us some insight as to what happened?

my thoughts/prayers are with you

Please reply

thanks

Cyndi

Good luck Nicole!!!!! Just stick with the basics and i'm sure you will be able to keep it off. Keep us up to date!

Thanks again for all youer support.

I feel tons better already and have gained 10lbs but mostly because I was sooo dehydrated,

it took 5 tries to get an IV in, and then I still didn't pee for 16hrs after surgery.TMI sorry.

I know it will be a struggle but at least its trying to keep weight off NOT take it off.

IAMWORTHIT, I had my band for 19mths and I believe my body never fully recovered from being too tight for too long.

I got into a cycle of swelling causing vomiting causing swelling. My band only slipped in the last 2 weeks though as I had flouro

at the hospital and it was fine.

Thanks again for all youer support.

I feel tons better already and have gained 10lbs but mostly because I was sooo dehydrated,

it took 5 tries to get an IV in, and then I still didn't pee for 16hrs after surgery.TMI sorry.

I know it will be a struggle but at least its trying to keep weight off NOT take it off.

IAMWORTHIT, I had my band for 19mths and I believe my body never fully recovered from being too tight for too long.

I got into a cycle of swelling causing vomiting causing swelling. My band only slipped in the last 2 weeks though as I had flouro

at the hospital and it was fine.

wow and wow

You have had a really miserable road these past several months. I am happy for you that you are alright, although the slip is very bizarre. Your story is a reminder for us to be aware of how tight is too tight!

Best of Luck to you!