For the moms - did the weight NOT want to come off?

hey hot mamas...this is for you!

Is it just me or did anyone else have a super duper hard time losing weight after the baby? I'm a stay at home mom (going back to teaching next school year) and I spent a lot of time at home, especially in the beginning. I packed on the lb's like it was nobody's business! i'm surpised my husband hasn't left me because i am NOt even close to the woman he married!! before i got pregnant i was around 140ish now i'm 225 and for the life of me i can not get motivated to stick to a diet...my brain tells me it's because i have so much to lose! but i know that's just an excuse!

anyway - am i the only one out there that got humongous after a baby and just couldn't get it off??

You're not alone!

hey hot mamas...this is for you!

Is it just me or did anyone else have a super duper hard time losing weight after the baby? I'm a stay at home mom (going back to teaching next school year) and I spent a lot of time at home, especially in the beginning. I packed on the lb's like it was nobody's business! i'm surpised my husband hasn't left me because i am NOt even close to the woman he married!! before i got pregnant i was around 140ish now i'm 225 and for the life of me i can not get motivated to stick to a diet...my brain tells me it's because i have so much to lose! but i know that's just an excuse!

anyway - am i the only one out there that got humongous after a baby and just couldn't get it off??

I just lost all of my "baby weight" recently. My sons 2 yr birthday will be in December. The band is what made all the difference in that! I had breast fed my son for 7 months. Took off most of the weight, but gained it back.... <_<

Now, I am at the weight I was at when I was married in March of 07! I am very pleased with the results of the band.

I struggled with weight after having my children. I worked out at the gym and still couldn't manage to lose weight or if I did, would gain it back super super fast.

Although I did find out 11 years after having my first child that I had a thyroid problem and the doctors never diagnosed me...

Looking back at my bloodwork from then showed that my levels were in the low thyroid function levels, but the Docs were convinced I was fine. Ughhh..... :lb20:

It is amazing how my body has changed after having my children.

Funny how we all have such different stories. I have two kids and lost all my preganancy weight right after giving birth both times. That said, I was overweight to begin with. For me, starting around 13 years old, I gained about 5 pounds per year every year for twenty years so by the time I was 33, I found myself 100 pounds overweight- it just snuck up on me. Five pounds per year doesn't seem like a lot but if you gain it year after year it really adds up!

Sabrina:)

It all went down hill after my second child. I was working full time, juggling two kids close in age (almost twins) and eating to deal with stress rather than exercise.

The band is helping me get back on the right track, although it was a slow start, it is finally beginning to do its thing.

I hope that's what the band does for me! In no way shape or form do i expect it to be an easy quick fix. I know that i'll have to make changes...i just really think it's the tool that i need to lose weight for the LAST time!! I can lose weight when i try really hard...i lose it, but i always find it!

Hey! I am in the same boat... I have never been a little thing anyway but after two kids I am hanging at about 60 lbs heavier than I was before I got pregnant with my first child. So I can totally relate!! Hopefully the band will help us win this battle!

I hope that's what the band does for me! In no way shape or form do i expect it to be an easy quick fix. I know that i'll have to make changes...i just really think it's the tool that i need to lose weight for the LAST time!! I can lose weight when i try really hard...i lose it, but i always find it!

Yes, yes and YES - this was absolutely the case with me. I was not skinny per se - but I easily maintained my weight at 175 before having kids, without really trying. If I made any effort at all, I could get down to 150 - AFTER my first pregnancy, it was a completely different story. My weight went up to 225 and wouldn't budge - I actually gained weight while breastfeeding - and I believe that that time period was the start of my PCOS and low-estrogen levels. Anyway - in a nutshell - YES, it was the kiddos that did me in, weight-wise.