Itchiness on the port incision

Hey everybody - I have read different places that a certain amount of itchiness on the port incision (and other incisions too, I guess) is a sign of healing. I just wondered what everyone else's experiences have been? Mine is definitely getting itchy (I'm 10 days post-op) it does not have the appearance of being infected. I can feel the hardness of the port underneath, but the area whole area isn't hard or anything. Thoughts?

Hey everybody - I have read different places that a certain amount of itchiness on the port incision (and other incisions too, I guess) is a sign of healing. I just wondered what everyone else's experiences have been? Mine is definitely getting itchy (I'm 10 days post-op) it does not have the appearance of being infected. I can feel the hardness of the port underneath, but the area whole area isn't hard or anything. Thoughts?

Sounds about right. That is how mine felt after surgery. I'd say you are healing well!

I concur - itching is a sign of healing. BTW, I can feel my port, too.

Itching means it is healing. I'm on my 22nd day and the glue is now finally gone from all the incisions and all the skin is now bonded together. Just be careful not to scratch any of the incision sites. I just washed mine with soap and water and let the healing take it's natural course. I did use bandaids a few times so my jacket or shirt wouldn't rub on them when they were sensitive.

Mon

Itching means it is healing. I'm on my 22nd day and the glue is now finally gone from all the incisions and all the skin is now bonded together. Just be careful not to scratch any of the incision sights. I just washed mine with soap and water and let the healing take it's natural course. I did use bandaids a few times so my jacket or shirt wouldn't rub on them when they were sensitive.

Mon

HAPPY DAY 22!!