Horrible stomach pain

I've been banded about 11 months now and have had this problem 2x. I ate a small piece of pizza for dinner tonight. Had no problems. About an hour later felt like I needed to throw up. And I mean really throw up. Only thing that came up was air. Since then I've had a horrible knot in my stomach and throw up ever half hour or so, but only throw up air. Anyone had anything like this b4?

I have had this problem before, but I generally actually throw up food or liquid not just air. Do you always have this problem when eating things like pizza (i.e. bread or other doughy type foods)? If so, you might want to consider giving those foods up all together. They might not be the best for you and also it could cause problems/swelling around your stomach if you are throwing up so frequently. Just be very careful about this in the future. Don't want to cause damage to your band.

I have not had that happen to me...I usually just actually throw up whatever is making me feel like that. Sounds cruddy though. :( I wouldn't eat that again! I don't eat anything doughy at all...every thing I eat of "bread" nature has to be crunchy and crisp.

I have not had that happen to me...I usually just actually throw up whatever is making me feel like that. Sounds cruddy though. :( I wouldn't eat that again! I don't eat anything doughy at all...every thing I eat of "bread" nature has to be crunchy and crisp.

I second that - - crunchy and crisp is all I can do, too!

I'm having my gall bladder removed tomorrow. A friend was telling me it went bad because of the rapid weight loss. That my gall bladder went into overdrive to process all the fat that was metabolizing and that's what made it go bad. Has anyone ever heard of that?

I'm having my gall bladder removed tomorrow. A friend was telling me it went bad because of the rapid weight loss. That my gall bladder went into overdrive to process all the fat that was metabolizing and that's what made it go bad. Has anyone ever heard of that?

that is actually pretty common. You will be feeling much much better once you get that thing out. Good Luck and feel better soon.

dawn

totally agree.

i've had to cut pizza from my diet ... i just can swallow & stomach it anymore.

My gallbladder has died as well. I am waiting to choose my time to have it removed because I don't have any stones and it is not causing me any pain. Your gallbladder stores bile that is needed to process fatty foods. Since you are not necessarily eating much of that anymore it really isn't something you need. This is a very common occurrence for people that lose a significant amount of weight, be it fast or slow.