First Fill Tomorrow!

Hello,

I posted a little as a reply to Kristi's slime post (that sounds funny) but wanted to make a new topic in case you had any tips or advice for me.

I am going to the OCC tomorrow for my very first fill, almost exactly 6 weeks after the surgery. I am planning on parking at the border and taking a taxi. I just realized that no one has called or emailed me from the OCC to confirm. I don't even know if they do pick ups at the border for fills. That's a bummer that they aren't as in touch for a fill appointment as a surgical one.

Am I crazy to go alone? i figure if I go with a yellow (union) cab I will be fine. Right? Right? :)

I am looking forward to the experience!

Hi Margaret,

I've parked at the border. Walked across. Picked the yellow taxi cab. Gave him a copy of my confirmation letter and he got me right to the clinic. Got my fill. Had Gloria call for my YELLOW taxi (be specific) back and back across the border. Very simple. The best part? Sitting in the waiting room with "newbies" and sharing your story and reassuring them and making new friends. Good luck with the fill!

Hello,

I posted a little as a reply to Kristi's slime post (that sounds funny) but wanted to make a new topic in case you had any tips or advice for me.

I am going to the OCC tomorrow for my very first fill, almost exactly 6 weeks after the surgery. I am planning on parking at the border and taking a taxi. I just realized that no one has called or emailed me from the OCC to confirm. I don't even know if they do pick ups at the border for fills. That's a bummer that they aren't as in touch for a fill appointment as a surgical one.

Am I crazy to go alone? i figure if I go with a yellow (union) cab I will be fine. Right? Right? :)

I am looking forward to the experience!

The whole fill process is very easy. I have done it 2 times now. I received an email confirmation for my first fill from OCC but not on the second appt. It's so easy just make sure you stick to the yellow cabs and don't carry a purse if you don't need it. YOu will be in and out and home in no time!! Good Luck!!

Thanks Margaret. I've been through A LOT during this year of my lapband. I wasn't able to work it as I should have, TONS of stress in my life. Stress tightens you up and I just couldn't/wouldn't incorporate exercise. Stay true to yourself and your lapband and you will do just fine!

I'm home from getting my fill at the OCC. Seriously, getting the surgery was easier! I mean, it wasn't bad, but there was a long line for pedestrians at the border. Long. Maybe it was the good drugs and the car service, but the surgery seemed easier. Logistically, not medical-wise.

I got my fill from primary care doctor, Dr. So. I find him to be so cute, adorable in a sexy way. Did I just write that?

I'm home from getting my fill at the OCC. Seriously, getting the surgery was easier! I mean, it wasn't bad, but there was a long line for pedestrians at the border. Long. Maybe it was the good drugs and the car service, but the surgery seemed easier. Logistically, not medical-wise.

I got my fill from primary care doctor, Dr. So. I find him to be so cute, adorable in a sexy way. Did I just write that?

NOW YOUR MOVIN SISTA!!! :)

Hey experienced folks,

I'm on liquids for 3 days and I'm surprised that I don't feel any restriction at all with my drinkable yogurt. I could drink the whole bottle if I wanted to. Is that strange?

I'm already paranoid that I don't have enough restriction.

Hey experienced folks,

I'm on liquids for 3 days and I'm surprised that I don't feel any restriction at all with my drinkable yogurt. I could drink the whole bottle if I wanted to. Is that strange?

I'm already paranoid that I don't have enough restriction.

Margaret,

You are scaring me now. I so do not want to be on liquids after a fill and not feel like I have restriction. That sucks!! I does nto sound like you got enough but if you go back they charge you more money right? What are you going to do??? Are you going to just wait 3 days and see if you get restriction with solid food?

Yes, I will wait 3 days and try food and see how it goes. Liquid IS supposed to slide right through but I thought I recall feeling some restriction when I started drinkable yogurts on Day #4 or 5 (I started early, per Dr. Miranda's instructions since I was about to pass out on clear fluids). It's possible that the stomach swelling from the surgery is why I felt restriction with the yogurt.

So, that is a long, drawn out "Yes" to your question. :)

Well for me they added 1.8 cc on first fill. They mostly stay under 2 cc first fill to work you into understanding restriction. I did not have much restriction until my second fill. It was there, just not like it is now. Its a little more forgiving and you learn to eat slower and small bites and chew chew chew. Thats what my fill dr in Flagstaff told me...

Not to bum you out, but I didn't have much restriction until my third fill. Wait until you get back on solids and you will see a little restriction.

I have a 10 cc band, so 3.6 cc are in there now. Doesn't seem like much in ratio!

Hey Margaret,

I was banded on Oct 21st.....i have been on the liquid diet now for 17 days. Today I ate tuna salad and ham and cream cheese, I havent cheated since I started until today. I wasn't hungry until the past couple of days. Did you cheat at all?? I need to get my fill sooner than later!!!!! When you starting eating solids did you gain any weight or what did you eat??

I know i have a million questions, but not feeling very banding right now.

Melissa

I didn't cheat on the 21 day diet at all. I've been sort of vacillating between liquid and food since ending those first 21 days after surgery. I think I have been doing well, but not well enough to want to weigh myself. I also got a bit carried away with Halloween candy. I love candy. Thank goodness all the good stuff is gone now. I even returned an unopened bag that we had so I wouldn't be tempted!

I'm just confused because I thought I would feel noticeably tighter right away; I did notice it with an apple but not a bean burrito. Wack!

Thanks, Sabrina.

I feel like today was my first official day in my new "band" life. I had to rush off to a meeting this morning for school so I just had coffee with milk and a few swigs of drinkable yogurt. For lunch I split an egg salad sandwich with my mom. But I took one side of the bread off and used the lettuce as bread. I couldn't finish the sandwich! I got so full I got that pain in the chest. Dr. So said to just walk those episodes off. My mom lives in a long narrow house - I walked the length of it twice and it still hurt. I involuntary coughed and a little bit of egg salad came out.

In the afternoon I ate an apple and this time it went down fine (I hadn't read your post yet, Sabrina). For dinner I had a really small piece of turkey meatloaf with tomato sauce on it (a new find at Costco). And I think I'm done with food for the day.

If THIS is how this band thing rolls, I'll be totally satisfied.

Thanks for reading. And by that I don't mean, thank you for actually being capable of reading (though that is a nice thing, isn't it?) but more of a thank you for reading my post.