Great Visual

I know many of us either feel like the weight is not coming off fast enough or get frustrated at those last few lbs that just won't come off so I wanted to put this visual up. I was at our health fair at work yesterday and they had these examples of what 1lb of fat looks like as well as 5lbs. I was so amazed I had the lady take a pic of me with the 5lb and i've attached it on here.

If you are saying....oh i've only lost 5lbs, 10lbs, etc...just look at this and what a HUGE accomplishement that is! We all just need to take it a day at a time and appreciate our successes because they are a big deal. Just 10% of your body weight significantly reduces your risk for a lot of things.

Shelby5lbs.jpg

Shelby,

I agree.... Great Visual...

My nutritionist had things like that to show me what the loss is. Hers were only 1/2 pound and 1 pound chunks.

It is amazing to see what 5 pounds really is.

Ok, so I have a personal question for you. You and I are the same height and we both have 10 pounds to go according to our tickers.

How much do you weigh? You look Awesome, By the Way... :) Love the color of the blue top your wearing in the bottom pic.

Hugs,

Kristi

Thanks so much! I am at 145 right now and my goal is to get to 135. My BMI says that still puts me at the bottom of the overweight category, but I really don't care i'm not a big believer in BMI and I think 135 would be a very comfortable spot for me. According to their chart yesterday I apparently somehow shrunk 1/2 inch though which makes me sad. Maybe my feet were just that fat and it bumped me up a bit! :rolleyes:

I understand about the shrinking. I was just shy of 5'3" for years and now at 5'2", I measured that earlier this year. Its all good though.

My first goal is to hit 145. From there I will have the new goal to get to 135.

I mainly want to be in a size 6, but the thought of getting below 138 is exciting since it would put me at 100 pound weight loss.

My Doc thinks that I should be in the 140 range. He thinks that the charts are off and doesn't account for body types and such.

We will see, who knows I could hit 145 and fit perfectly in size 6's. :D

Hugs,

Kristi

Thanks for the visual Shelby. About 6 months ago I had lost 30 lbs and my father had placed 30 lbs of birdseed in a bag for me to lift. It was amazing. Unfortunately Ive put 10 of those lbs back on. Thanks Again, Liz

I know many of us either feel like the weight is not coming off fast enough or get frustrated at those last few lbs that just won't come off so I wanted to put this visual up. I was at our health fair at work yesterday and they had these examples of what 1lb of fat looks like as well as 5lbs. I was so amazed I had the lady take a pic of me with the 5lb and i've attached it on here.

If you are saying....oh i've only lost 5lbs, 10lbs, etc...just look at this and what a HUGE accomplishement that is! We all just need to take it a day at a time and appreciate our successes because they are a big deal. Just 10% of your body weight significantly reduces your risk for a lot of things.

Shelby5lbs.jpg

HOLY CRAP SHELBY

screw the plastic lard of fat you have in your hands!

YOU look AMAZING!!

I am proud to say that I have been on this journey with you for the past 12+ months and am just so damn proud of you and your accomplishments! You run, you look (and must feel) phenomenal. Sheesh. If I was not sitting here with an immobile neck brace on, I would fly back to Kansas to have a margarita with you :D

and I thought I looked good ;)

HOLY CRAP SHELBY

screw the plastic lard of fat you have in your hands!

YOU look AMAZING!!

I am proud to say that I have been on this journey with you for the past 12+ months and am just so damn proud of you and your accomplishments! You run, you look (and must feel) phenomenal. Sheesh. If I was not sitting here with an immobile neck brace on, I would fly back to Kansas to have a margarita with you :D

and I thought I looked good ;)

Thanks so much!!!! It's so great to see all of us that got on here about the same time - so great to see how far we have all come!!!

And if you come up this way ever i'll take you to Ponaks who has the best margaritas in town!!!!!! We got things to celebrate!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!! I thought this was a great visual and is hopefully helpful for you all!!!!