Can you stretch your pouch BEFORE you even get a fill?

Hey y'all!! I haven't gotten a fill yet (should get one under fluoro on 12/12) but I'm just curious if it's possible to stretch my pouch before I get a fill...or if I even have a 'pouch' yet for that matter!

I don't over eat, I haven't had any problems with ANYTHING going down...sometimes I just feel REALLY full! For instance, tonight I had a half of a mexican salad for dinner and an hour later I drank my water...it's when I drink that I feel super duper full!

So anyway, please let me know! I hope I'm being paranoid about stretching anything but you all know how it feels to wonder and worry!!

Thanks soooo much!!

You know I am wondering the same thing but for different reasons. Last night I watched that movie "The Goods" and at one point laughed so hard that my chest begin to hurt and I felt this really weird sensation in my stomache and it took me awhile to recover. Also I never really took a day post op. I was doing lifting and laundry a few days after surgery and also I went back to work the following Monday. Also my 80 pound Bulldog has jumped on my incisions a couple times (with me cursing expluratives...Kelly Clarkson! Como Tu LLama!) I feel like I have not really changed my life style (activity wise) and maybe I should be babying this band more then I should? Am I just being paranoid or can rigorous activity streach the pounch and or the band?

You know I am wondering the same thing but for different reasons. Last night I watched that movie "The Goods" and at one point laughed so hard that my chest begin to hurt and I felt this really weird sensation in my stomache and it took me awhile to recover. Also I never really took a day post op. I was doing lifting and laundry a few days after surgery and also I went back to work the following Monday. Also my 80 pound Bulldog has jumped on my incisions a couple times (with me cursing expluratives...Kelly Clarkson! Como Tu LLama!) I feel like I have not really changed my life style (activity wise) and maybe I should be babying this band more then I should? Am I just being paranoid or can rigorous activity streach the pounch and or the band?

In your case bogiesmom, it's more a risk of ripping out those stitches before the band has healed in place. If you've made it this far, you're probably okay, but take it easy, woman! no crunches or abdominal focused workouts for 6 months, and try not to pick up anything too heavy.

As for stretching your band before you get a fill, I suppose it's possible, but not probable. Just take it easy and don't drink a lot at one time right after you eat, to help avoid that too-full feeling. You might want to wait closer to an hour to drink, if that's happening, also.

In your case bogiesmom, it's more a risk of ripping out those stitches before the band has healed in place. If you've made it this far, you're probably okay, but take it easy, woman! no crunches or abdominal focused workouts for 6 months, and try not to pick up anything too heavy.

As for stretching your band before you get a fill, I suppose it's possible, but not probable. Just take it easy and don't drink a lot at one time right after you eat, to help avoid that too-full feeling. You might want to wait closer to an hour to drink, if that's happening, also.

Thanks Beth,

I think I may have torn the stitches...God I hope not but I really have not been taking it easy (although I have not been excercising at all...okay that is not totally true, I did jump on my elliptical for about 10 minutes a few nights ago and there was another night where I did some reps of a yoga position from my Women's Health magazine). I guess the only way to know for sure is by flouroscopy? or will that be too vague? I just walked out of the OCC from day 1 like nothing happened (activity wise) and that same night my mom and I were counting (clear) liquid calories at the bar in the Mariott (God that was fun). I guess I would not have a sign if I did pop the stitches would I?

Thanks Beth,

I think I may have torn the stitches...God I hope not but I really have not been taking it easy (although I have not been excercising at all...okay that is not totally true, I did jump on my elliptical for about 10 minutes a few nights ago and there was another night where I did some reps of a yoga position from my Women's Health magazine). I guess the only way to know for sure is by flouroscopy? or will that be too vague? I just walked out of the OCC from day 1 like nothing happened (activity wise) and that same night my mom and I were counting (clear) liquid calories at the bar in the Mariott (God that was fun). I guess I would not have a sign if I did pop the stitches would I?

I honestly don't know the answer to that! I'd think if you really screwed up, your band would have slipped, and you'd KNOW that. So for now, I'd just be careful. They will be able to tell under x-ray if the band has moved in a bad way... not sure about the stitches... do they dissolve or are they forever stitches? I'm sure two years ago I knew the answer to that!

Of course, I'm here having my own problems. No restriction, no healing to go through, absolutely NOTHING telling me not to eat (except for my mother, who scolded me when I ate the pecan pie, but later ate a slice of cheesecake, lol!).

I honestly don't know the answer to that! I'd think if you really screwed up, your band would have slipped, and you'd KNOW that. So for now, I'd just be careful. They will be able to tell under x-ray if the band has moved in a bad way... not sure about the stitches... do they dissolve or are they forever stitches? I'm sure two years ago I knew the answer to that!

Of course, I'm here having my own problems. No restriction, no healing to go through, absolutely NOTHING telling me not to eat (except for my mother, who scolded me when I ate the pecan pie, but later ate a slice of cheesecake, lol!).

I am glad you and your mom have each other for support. That is huge in my book. Stay positive and just remeber changes are made 1 meal at a time. I am sort of on my own here and when I did have a weight loss buddy who I hung out with before it made a good 50% difference in terms of my loss.

Thanks for letting me know that if I had a stretched band/pouch I would know. That is some comfort to me. I will just have to wait on the stiches but will report back. I think I read somewhere that they are in you forever and they definately do not dissolve. I will be sure to ask that as well when I go back for my fill.