swelling

i understand it is a surgery and i will be sore after the procedure. im just thinking about the swelling after. i wear a uniform for work (emergency dispatcher) and my slacks are already starting to feel snug, i came to the point where i wouldn't button the top because of how tight it was. i just want to know if anyone experienced noticeable swelling. any advice? i am getting banned dec 17 resting 18-19-20 returning to work on monday ... is that enough?

i understand it is a surgery and i will be sore after the procedure. im just thinking about the swelling after. i wear a uniform for work (emergency dispatcher) and my slacks are already starting to feel snug, i came to the point where i wouldn't button the top because of how tight it was. i just want to know if anyone experienced noticeable swelling. any advice? i am getting banned dec 17 resting 18-19-20 returning to work on monday ... is that enough?

That is enough time to recoop. I got banded on Friday and was back to work the following Monday. Your young and it should not be an issue. You will have swelling so you might want to get some roomy slacks. I hade swelling for 2 weeks post op but I am 10 years older then you.

• Like 1

Everyone is different, but I was noticably swollen I looked pregnant. I really didn't want any tight stuff on and that lasted for almost two weeks for me. But I seemed to have a bit more pain than others talk about.

• Like 1

Yup - everyone is different. I wouldnt have been able to go to work that quickly after surgery :( I had I think it was something like 2 weeks (sorry its been awhile) but about a week would have been ok, though still abit pushing it for me. Everyone reacts different to every surgery though. I have had 13 and some have been easy peasy and others like my Plastic Surgery I had in May - took me almost 3 months before I could do my regular work schedule and honestly its only been the last month and a half that I feel normal. The band of course was as extensive, but I personally couldnt have only taken 3 days off.

woooow... thanks. im gonna look for some similar pants for work... the assigned pants are like 90 dollars. Ha!! im sure i can find some $20 jcpenny slacks and hopefully i don't swell too much because im not planning on sharing my ban with the rest of the office. ^_^

thank you all!