curious if this is typical

I was looking over my stats and see that I lost 66 pounds in my first six months being banded. The next six months, only 20 pounds. Do most people lose the bulk of their weight in the first six months? I know my situation is unique in that I had an unfill and a couple gains in there (so I have actually lost 20 plus 5 I gained eating sliders while too tight and 9 I gained during unfill), so actually 34 pounds in the past six months. But still, 66 pounds in the first six months and 34 pounds in second six months....the losing rate is half what it used to be. Why is that?

Sabrina:)

The more weight you have to lose, the more you'll drop at the beginning .. it's a major shock to your body - all of a sudden, your caloric intake has been reduced by up to 85%!

As your weight drops, your weight loss will stall. This is very typical.

Your metabolic rate will get sluggish .. your body is trying to level itself out.

At this point, I suggest really changing things up - starting from your diet, continuing to your fitness routine. :)

Here's a basic, but informative link on 5 ways to break a weight loss plateau

• Like 2

I was looking over my stats and see that I lost 66 pounds in my first six months being banded. The next six months, only 20 pounds. Do most people lose the bulk of their weight in the first six months? I know my situation is unique in that I had an unfill and a couple gains in there (so I have actually lost 20 plus 5 I gained eating sliders while too tight and 9 I gained during unfill), so actually 34 pounds in the past six months. But still, 66 pounds in the first six months and 34 pounds in second six months....the losing rate is half what it used to be. Why is that?

Sabrina:)

Hmm my weight loss in the begining has not been all that impressive. It wasn't until I was able to have restriction that stayed with me that I began to see the numbers decline. Matter of fact, it was a hard pill to accept that I didn't have a good jump to my weight loss.

I am hoping the end part of my year makes more of an impact with me. So far it is.

The more weight you have to lose, the more you'll drop at the beginning .. it's a major shock to your body - all of a sudden, your caloric intake has been reduced by up to 85%!

As your weight drops, your weight loss will stall. This is very typical.

Your metabolic rate will get sluggish .. your body is trying to level itself out.

At this point, I suggest really changing things up - starting from your diet, continuing to your fitness routine. :)

Here's a basic, but informative link on 5 ways to break a weight loss plateau

Great link Lindsay.... I love the calculator too.. Keeps the daily burn in perspective.

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2005/12/26/how_to_calculate_your_daily_calorie_needs.php

Definitely happened to me. The last 20 lbs has been by far the hardest. I also starting working out a lot harder too and that has stalled me. But I know i'm losing inches so i'm not stressing.

Here is my weight loss chart and you can see this fall I plateaued big time and it hasn't really changed. I just keep on keepin' on and just try to do my best.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/shelbycoxon/63_84_200_461.png

Keep your chin up!