Banded 12/11/09

Well I was banded 12/11/09, the surgery went great but I am haveing severe gas pains and I hope this is not TMI lol :) but I have not had a bowel movement in six days. I called Dr. Miranda she said to try drinking prune juice and use a sapository have done both but still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for the gas pains or the other problem?

Well I was banded 12/11/09, the surgery went great but I am haveing severe gas pains and I hope this is not TMI lol smile.gif but I have not had a bowel movement in six days. I called Dr. Miranda she said to try drinking prune juice and use a sapository have done both but still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for the gas pains or the other problem?

If you drink any more of the prune juice drink it warmed up.

I'd do some wind mill movements with your arms to work out the gas.

Sorry you are in discomfort and backed up.

Warm water with fresh squeezed limon always gets things moving for me.

Well I was banded 12/11/09, the surgery went great but I am haveing severe gas pains and I hope this is not TMI lol :) but I have not had a bowel movement in six days. I called Dr. Miranda she said to try drinking prune juice and use a sapository have done both but still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for the gas pains or the other problem?

My first BM was not until 2 weeks after surgery and only after a call into Dr. Miranda did she tell me to drink prune juice. Honestly, 4 ounces of prune juice got things moving again and I did not have to drink it but on a few occasions so I do not think it is really a concern. Your body is adjusting, just give it time.

The one thing that you did not mention that I am wondering if you are doing:

How much water are you drinking? 64 ounces a day? Have you tried mixing fiber powder in your water? It is tasteless and odor less or you can get the flavored kind. I think this helped me in the end.

My first BM was not until 2 weeks after surgery and only after a call into Dr. Miranda did she tell me to drink prune juice. Honestly, 4 ounces of prune juice got things moving again and I did not have to drink it but on a few occasions so I do not think it is really a concern. Your body is adjusting, just give it time.

How much water are you drinking? 64 ounces a day? Have you tried mixing fiber powder in your water? It is tasteless and odor less or you can get the flavored kind. I think this helped me in the end.

I think this helped me in the end.

LOL no pun intended! hee hee hee

If you drink any more of the prune juice drink it warmed up.

I'd do some wind mill movements with your arms to work out the gas.

Sorry you are in discomfort and backed up.

Warm water with fresh squeezed limon always gets things moving for me.

Thank you, I will give it a try.

To be honest, I have only drank about 4 ounces of water a day. I can barely get in 4 oz of broth, 4 oz of gatorade and 4 oz of water a day. I feel so full plus if I try to get more in the gas seems to get worse. I didn't realize I was suppose to get 64oz of water in.

Hi Tamcat. Are you drinking lots of water? You have to keep up on your fluids to have normal bowel movements. Also excerise. Go for a walk everyday for at least 30 m inutes. Those two things alone will help. Also are you taking Benefibre? Take that twice a day and it works wonders for hunger and going to the bathroom.

Water is a huge key though.

Hope this helps

Debbie

Congrats Tamcat & welcome to Bandland.

The gas pains do go away, just need to walk lots and that really helps.

As for the BM issue, water water water... I know it is hard to drink as much in the early stages but just keep sipping.

Also, milk of mag can help too if prune juice isn't.

Steph, we look forward to hearing how everything goes after your surgery. :)

Hugs,

Kristi

This may be TMI, but I was miserable up until 5 days after my surgery. I couldn't pass gas or have a bowel movement. Finally I took a big does of Milk of Magnesia and let me tell you, I was on the toilet for a straight hour, but going #2 never felt so good!! I felt sooooo much better after that! All the gas passed too!

• 3 months later...