Two plastic surgery cosults

ValleyGirl

This past Wednesday, I had consults with Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed, and Dr. Jamie Campos (who used to work for Cosmed but has his own practice now) and my first impressions were this. Quiroz- confident and Campos- CLEAN. I got the feeling Quiroz was probably really good at what he does but the office wasn't as clean as I would have liked- it really looked like the carpets need to be vacuumed and that just bothered me. If I'm having major surgery, I want the place to be sanitized from top to bottom. Campos is younger and a bit socially-awkward (think super smart kids in high school) but his place was neat as a pin (like OCC) and his prices were slightly more competitive.

They both agreed I would need the extended tummy-tuck (scar that goes all the way around) and both agrred a breast lift too but Quiroz said no implants and Campos felt he'd get better results with implants....Quiroz said a leg-lift wouldn't be necessary after the extended tt `cause that alone would lift my legs but Campos thought there would still be too much inner-thigh skin and he'd like to lift that too. Not sure what I'm going to do. I was VERY happy with the prices but don't have the money right now even if it was a dollar to get it all done! I'm hoping to do it by my 40th bday in 2011.

Sabrina:)

This past Wednesday, I had consults with Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed, and Dr. Jamie Campos (who used to work for Cosmed but has his own practice now) and my first impressions were this. Quiroz- confident and Campos- CLEAN. I got the feeling Quiroz was probably really good at what he does but the office wasn't as clean as I would have liked- it really looked like the carpets need to be vacuumed and that just bothered me. If I'm having major surgery, I want the place to be sanitized from top to bottom. Campos is younger and a bit socially-awkward (think super smart kids in high school) but his place was neat as a pin (like OCC) and his prices were slightly more competitive.

They both agreed I would need the extended tummy-tuck (scar that goes all the way around) and both agrred a breast lift too but Quiroz said no implants and Campos felt he'd get better results with implants....Quiroz said a leg-lift wouldn't be necessary after the extended tt `cause that alone would lift my legs but Campos thought there would still be too much inner-thigh skin and he'd like to lift that too. Not sure what I'm going to do. O was VERY happy with the prices but don't have the money right now even if it was a dollar to get it all done! I'm hoping to do it by my 40th bday in 2011.

Sabrina,

If you dont mind sharing, or if you could PM me, I would love to know how much they quoted you. Im going to try to make my consult here at the first of January and would love to know what Im looking at there. Im going to have to have the ExT and lift with implants as well....Im looking at Either March this year (which I want 20 lbs gone before then and not sure if that is going to happen) or October if I have not lost the weight. I can not take off during summer months at my job so I would have to wait after September to get it done.

That really suprises me with doc Q after all we have heard, but I tend to agree with you. The OCC is spotless and I would want the same, on the flip side I have heard he has done AMAZING work....Dr. Campos I have not heard alot about but I am sure he is awesome too....

Sabrina,

One thing I would have to go with and agree with is the spotlessness of the offices too. A messy/dirty office would make my OCD kick in and I don't think I could even stay for a consult from the moment I walked in.

Probably sounds bad, but unfortunately I have issues :) and it is not like I am a super clean freak, however, if someone is gonna work on me, they better take pride in everything from their work to their appearance to their office.

I am just saying....

I want to have a TT, but I am afraid. I have never had a flat tummy from the time I hit puberty, so it would be nice to have that.

Anyways, it will be a while for me if I can get the courage, the $$ and get it done. We will see.

Hugs,

Kristi

Cosmed will have a new building soon, with a recovery room to stay in. I used Dr Q because Dr Ortiz told me he was who he suggested. I want a person who has practiced for many years. Dr Q has practiced for over 20 yrs. I know Denise used Dr Campos and was very happy. I am sure both are great... I am waiting for new building to do the extended TT but I will be back to dr Q for sure. He was amazing with very little pain. He called me everyday for the first 3 days then 1 time a week after that for the next two weeks. He answered my emails.

They both agreed I would need the extended tummy-tuck (scar that goes all the way around) and both agrred a breast lift too but Quiroz said no implants and Campos felt he'd get better results with implants....Quiroz said a leg-lift wouldn't be necessary after the extended tt `cause that alone would lift my legs but Campos thought there would still be too much inner-thigh skin and he'd like to lift that too. Not sure what I'm going to do. I was VERY happy with the prices but don't have the money right now even if it was a dollar to get it all done! I'm hoping to do it by my 40th bday in 2011.

Hi Sabrina. I am going to need an extended tummy tuck and breast lift as well. Could you let me know what the quotes were from each doctor.

Thanks

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

The recommendations from your consults sound pretty much like mine in regards to the extended TT, which I believe is also called a lower body lift. For me, I could not justify the expense of the extended TT so I talked to my doctor again about doing just a regular TT. He said that he would cut from where my body touched the table on each side. My incisions go just a little bit around to my back. In the end, the only think the extended TT would have helped was my love handles and honestly, those were the least of my concerns. I told my surgeon that I wanted to be normal, not perfect, and it is my understanding that love handles are pretty normal. There was a little improvement in my inner thighs, but even the extended TT would not have helped much more in that area, it is more designed to help with the outer thighs and mine were fine. By changing this up I was able to add an arm lift on the same day of surgery and I still came in $3,000 under the cost of the extended TT alone.

I say all of this to say that you are the one in charge of deciding what you do and don't have done. As my surgeon said, "I won't make you do anything you don't want to do, it is your body and the results will be yours." I am very pleased with my results and can't wait for the day my inner thighs and breasts are addressed.

Ok here are my 2 cents, I first called Dr Q also,but when I didnt get a call back that was my first turn off. Dollittle called for me and had Joyce call after telling her my story I sent my pictures in. They called me back and Dr. Q only spoke to me for 2 minutes. That was my main turnoff also. I think that if a surgen is going to have my life in his hands he needs to give me more than a 2 minute chat. Then I started checking on the net, I found on CNN about a place called Go Sculptura and the pointed me into the direction of Dr. Campos. He took the time to talk to me on the phone for over 45 minutes and to tell me what he wanted to do do with me. And when I got there again we sat in his office for over an hour going over everything. I love the staff specially Giselle she helped me alot with post-op and with checking up on my son who went with me. I also while checking on the net came across lots of people that had the surgery with Dr. Q and had to get it fixed by Dr. Campos. you can E-mail me at shrty83524@gmail.com if you want to see my before and after but only woman please. I had lipo in the back and thighs, breast lift and implants, he also did the extended body lift and an outher thigh lift. I love my new body. To not have that apron hanging is the best thing in the world. I plan on using him again as soon as I can get more money saved up, for my inner thighs, because let me tell you the outher thigh lift is great but you will need the inner also. You can also call me at 806-930-5819

• 5 weeks later...

Ok here are my 2 cents, I first called Dr Q also,but when I didnt get a call back that was my first turn off. Dollittle called for me and had Joyce call after telling her my story I sent my pictures in. They called me back and Dr. Q only spoke to me for 2 minutes. That was my main turnoff also. I think that if a surgen is going to have my life in his hands he needs to give me more than a 2 minute chat. Then I started checking on the net, I found on CNN about a place called Go Sculptura and the pointed me into the direction of Dr. Campos. He took the time to talk to me on the phone for over 45 minutes and to tell me what he wanted to do do with me. And when I got there again we sat in his office for over an hour going over everything. I love the staff specially Giselle she helped me alot with post-op and with checking up on my son who went with me. I also while checking on the net came across lots of people that had the surgery with Dr. Q and had to get it fixed by Dr. Campos. you can E-mail me at shrty83524@gmail.com if you want to see my before and after but only woman please. I had lipo in the back and thighs, breast lift and implants, he also did the extended body lift and an outher thigh lift. I love my new body. To not have that apron hanging is the best thing in the world. I plan on using him again as soon as I can get more money saved up, for my inner thighs, because let me tell you the outher thigh lift is great but you will need the inner also. You can also call me at 806-930-5819

First of all you look wonderful. I have sent you an email requesting that I can speak to you on the phone regaurding your experince in Mexico. I look forward to hearing from you or if you would like, I will call you. There is just too much I want to talk about to put in the forum. Will you please email me your photo's too? Barb1107@live.com

• 2 months later...

Denise

Of all the women on this board who have had a TT, you have the most shapely, well done TT I have ever seen.

I am seriously thinking of heading to see Dr Campos myself, I used to have the most fabulous curves until having kids, I want them back!

You my dear friend have Marilyn Monroes curves..and I am damn jealous! LOL

xoxo you much

Cara