Plastic surgery or SPANX?

ValleyGirl

Now that I've had my consults, I'm starting to chicken out about ps. The reality is that I wouldn't do it until #1- I exercised HARD for six months straight and #2- I paid off my current debt. So, by this summer at the earliest, and no later than my 40th birthday in October 2011.

It's no secret my husband thinks I am being vain and doesn't want me spending our "family money" on this. Now I'm starting to have doubts too. Nobody but him sees me naked and I've never worn a bikini in my life, so is the pain and the family feud REALLY worth it????

Of course, I'd love to know what it feels like to be "normal" for the first time in my adult life, but at what cost? It's going to be a big battle at home and I wonder if this one is worth the fight. I got banded without his blessing and it's proven to be worth it. Will the PS be worth it?

Would love your input.

Sabrina:)

PS- to give you an idea of his mentality around this, he asked how I would feel if he came home one day and told me he wanted to buy a porsche!

I couldn't really argue with that. There are many things I'd rather spend our money on than a Porsche!

PS- to give you an idea of his mentality around this, he asked how I would feel if he came home one day and told me he wanted to buy a porsche!

I couldn't really argue with that. There are many things I'd rather spend our money on than a Porsche!

I would have said, honey you drive a porsche, I live in this body....LOL

• Like 1

Sabrina,

I just had the conversation with my mom about the Tummy tuck this morning, and she said, "Why would you need it, you have had children" I told her so I could have a flat tummy for the first time since puberty. I was 9 or 10 the last time I had a flat belly. It would be nice to have one in my adult life, but still scared.

Angie, good answer.. :)

You are so quick witted, you crack me up.

Well, I say, do the workouts and see how you feel.

This is what I plan to do. I am gonna do more ab workouts and see if I can get results I like first.

I am going to Hawaii in March, and I wanna get my belly in better shape before then and I won't have ps by that point, so it has to be all me.

Hugs,

Kristi

I would have said, honey you drive a porsche, I live in this body....LOL

Amen Angie!! LOL

I am scared to death of having the surgery (it's MAJOR surgery) so I'm going to work out from Jan-July and see if I am noticing enough improvement that it won't be needed but that is doubtful so probably at the end of the summer. If I go to TJ, I'll use Dr. Campos but I'd still like to consult with Dr. Nyte in Washington and another Mexican surgeon in Monterey that I"ve heard good things about.

Guess who just gave me a Christmas card with $4000 inside towards plastic surgery??? It's a Christmas Miracle!!!

Does he have any single brothers? Congratulations!

I think it is totally worth it. I have never worn a bikini and never plan on wearing one, but even wearing a one piece while swimming with my nephews today I had to touch my flat tummy a couple of times just because. I am the only one who knew they were my nephews, everyone else probably thought they were my sons and by golly, my tummy looked pretty good in a one piece for having a 6 and 8 year old.

Yes, it is major surgery, but yes, it is very doable and very much worth it. I really did not have that much pain because my tummy was and to a degree still is numb. The numbness takes 6 months to a year to diminish. My mom experienced the exact same thing when she had her hysterectomy. The day I was able to feel my hip bones for the first time was one of the best days of my life. I had to ask my doctor if that was normal - it was.