FULL LIQUIDS--Help :)

GoingForIt

Hello, I am scheduled for surgery on the 8th w/Dr. Ortiz. I wonder if you all could help me with a list of "full liquids" and what that means.

I need to get some things stocked in the house and on lists, so that I can stay on track! Please help. Thanks!

Anna

YOur information from the OCC should have given you some suggestions.

Here are some others:

Tortilla soup . This is amazing and you will love it. You can find it under our recipe section

milk

cream soups

V8

yogurt

Anything that does not have chunks in it is good.

Try not to eat stuff full of sugar

I drank slim fast optimun . The Royal fudge flavor. Could have lived on that and tortilla soup :)

YOur information from the OCC should have given you some suggestions.

Here are some others:

Tortilla soup . This is amazing and you will love it. You can find it under our recipe section

milk

cream soups

V8

yogurt

Anything that does not have chunks in it is good.

Try not to eat stuff full of sugar

I drank slim fast optimun . The Royal fudge flavor. Could have lived on that and tortilla soup :)

Thank you. Sounds like I need to visit that recipe section! Congrats on your great success of losing so much! I'll have to look through the info from OCC better and see what I find. Knowing now that it is basically any liquid that does not have substance helps :) I guess I have been afraid that I will come home from Mexico and feel like I have nothing to eat and in that "state" make bad choices. I work well from lists so I will start gathering ideas and writing them down so i can refer to that when I get home. I have a list of clear liquids for that first week.. and I'll have that stuff here when I get home. I am a little freaked about how I will get what I need (broth, juice, etc) for the first two days after surgery, while I am in Tijuana... hopefully there is some store very close to the hotel or to OCC where I can pick a few things up to keep in the hotel after surgery.

Hi Anna, Amy here. I'm am getting banded on the 7th - hopefully see you there. I think in the recipe area there's a post named: "Liquids Anyone"? that has a list of stuff too. I'll try to find it and make sure. I think the hotel can do all the broth stuff, but I was wondering about bottled water as well.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

This list is a work in progress but I thought I would share some items that I could not live without as they have become priceless replacements in my life:

1. I can’t Believe It Is Not Butter Spray

2. Walden Farms Zero Calorie Dressings & Spreads www.waldenfarms.com

3. Hebrew National 98% Fat Free Hot Dogs

4. Oscar Meyer 98% Fat Free Bologna

5. Digital Food Scale

6. Low Calorie Sliced Bread (Sara Lee, Orowheat, different brands in different parts of the country but 2 slices usually equall about 90 calories with about 4 grams of fiber)

7. Low Calorie hot dog & hamburger buns (if you are lucky enough to find – no longer available in southern California) Wonder bread had some available.

8. Fat Free, Sugar Free Jello Pudding Cups with Fat Free Cool Whip

9. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

10. George Forman Grill (my best friend) (You can literally cook an entire meal with it in minutes!)

11. www.calorieking.com (look up the nutritional value for hundreds of items)

12. Pirate Booty

13. Hungry-Girl Cook book & Recipe Cards

14. Dill Pickles - eat as many as you want for zero points!

15. WW Taco Soup Recipe care of Mom - This should have been #1 on thie list as it is a staple in my household since it goes on and with everything from omelettes, potatos, and taco salad. Major comfort food!

Liquids Anyone?

1. Active Lifestyle Gellatin Cups - loaded with 4 grams of fiber per serving! Flavors are better than Jell-O!

2. Mishima Miso Soup poweder mix - comes in individual packets that you just mix with hot water! Only 35 calories a pop.

3. Cool Whip Lite or Cool Whip Free (great with the Jell-O. Feels like you are cheating when you are not)

4. Nestle Rich Hot Cocoa Powder with Caramel - A liquid Candy Bar!

5. Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea Bags - A box of 20 (Try with a dash of skim milk and you would think you paid $3.5 for a cup at Starbucks!

6. Campbell's Soup At Hand "Blended Vegetable Medley"

7. Imagine Organic Creamy Tomato Soup (comes in a rectangle carton)

8. Yonique Low Fat Yogurt Drinks (Pina Colada is awesome)

9. Lifeway Lowfat flavored Kefir (found this at Whole Foods)

9. Slim Fast Optima Shakes (The only protein shake I like)

10. Benefiber individual Drink Powder (like Cystal Light except 3 grams of fiber per pouch - sold in the Metamucil Aisle. Flavors are awesome. Mix with bottled water.)

11. Original V8 - I love this at room temp or heated on the stove as a soup.

12. Naked Fruit Smoothies (variety pack of 10, 10 ounce bottles found at Costco for $5.99. I use these for breakfast!)

13. Glaceau Vitaminwater10 - Was sick w/ cold this weekend and had to add this since it literally brought me through the storm single handedly

The things that I took with me to TJ in my suitcase that I was glad I packed:

1. Benefiber & Crystal Light drink mix (They have bottled water at the hotel)

2. Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea Bags (mmmmmmmm!)

3. Mishima Miso Soup packets (just mix with 1 cup hot water and you are in heaven)

4. (I know...random thought) Heating pad & magazines & book

The things that I took with me to TJ in my suitcase that I was glad I packed:

1. Benefiber & Crystal Light drink mix (They have bottled water at the hotel)

2. Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea Bags (mmmmmmmm!)

3. Mishima Miso Soup packets (just mix with 1 cup hot water and you are in heaven)

4. (I know...random thought) Heating pad & magazines & book

Bogiesmom,

I just had to comment about a list you posted haha I LOVE the Hungry Girl recipe book. I just bought the one that has 200 recipes under 200 calories about a week ago. I LOVE the recipes I've found in it.

:) I didn't know you liked it too!!

Thank you. Sounds like I need to visit that recipe section! Congrats on your great success of losing so much! I'll have to look through the info from OCC better and see what I find. Knowing now that it is basically any liquid that does not have substance helps :) I guess I have been afraid that I will come home from Mexico and feel like I have nothing to eat and in that "state" make bad choices. I work well from lists so I will start gathering ideas and writing them down so i can refer to that when I get home. I have a list of clear liquids for that first week.. and I'll have that stuff here when I get home. I am a little freaked about how I will get what I need (broth, juice, etc) for the first two days after surgery, while I am in Tijuana... hopefully there is some store very close to the hotel or to OCC where I can pick a few things up to keep in the hotel after surgery.

I brought packages of broth with me. The powder kind. I put bottled water in the coffee machine so that it was hot and then mixed the broth.

I also brought crystal lite with me and added it to my bottled water for flavor. If you are staying at the Marriott they have a little shop downstairs that you can buy water, juice etc at.

Also you can have broth sent up from the restaurant any time you want.

Hope that helps

Debbie