Dilated Pouch is All Better

WOO HOO! Watch me do the snoopy dance in joy - I have fluid back in my band!

I was slightly terrified that when I went in to have my band re-filled that they were going to take one look and tell me that my pouch was still dilated (stretched / too big), but thankfully that didn't happen. My esophegous and pouch looked great, and I was able to get 3ccs added back into my completely empty band.

Sadly, over the 2 months I was restriction-less, I gained enough weight to put me just 12 lbs below my surgery weight and 26 lbs below my top weight. Part of me feels depressed that the past 2 years were for nothing, but I'm trying to be positive and just get back on track. Instead of feeling hungry all the time, eating too much, or feeling deprived of food, I was able to eat a normal breakfast (egg & cheese english muffin) and a normal lunch (3 oz tuna salad with crackers). I had an afternoon snack of fat free pudding. I haven't felt hungry at all!

I'm sure that over the next few weeks my restriction level will lessen, but I have another appointment set up for February 1 to follow up and get another fill, if necessary. In the mean time, I'm starting to feel less like a ravenous beast and more like someone who can control the amount that they eat, can eat slowly and still feel satiated with small amounts.

I also have to say that this fill was awesome. I went to a new clinic after I found out my band was too tight. They do every single fill under fleuro while you're standing, for maximum accuracy. Also, the barium didn't make me gag. It was almost sugary sweet instead of chalky and tasteless.

I know I have about 25-30 lbs to re-lose now, but I'm 100% ready to do it. I'm doing my best to make sure I don't eat more than 1 cup at a time, because I do NOT want this happening again. Lap-Band hell, indeed. Having no restriction certainly felt like it!

Thanks for sharing that your pouch is back to normal. I have been a yoyo dieter for about 30 years, so I know what it feels like to be back at the same place again. But... now you know more than you did before and it sounds like you are more resolved to get back on track. I am happy for you, and I really appreciate your sharing your story. It helped me become more patient with the whole lap band process and that is exactly what I needed.

Margie

Thanks for sharing that your pouch is back to normal. I have been a yoyo dieter for about 30 years, so I know what it feels like to be back at the same place again. But... now you know more than you did before and it sounds like you are more resolved to get back on track. I am happy for you, and I really appreciate your sharing your story. It helped me become more patient with the whole lap band process and that is exactly what I needed.

Margie

I know it's only day 2 of having restriction, but any day is a good day to be happy with what you've done. Today I used the Wii Fit Plus for 17 whole minutes of exercise! Considering how incredibly out of shape I am, I think that's a good start. I love the Wii - it makes moving fun instead of a chore to be done. Maybe tomorrow I'll go for 20 minutes!

Beth,

I am so glad you are back on track and just remember this is not a race and just enjoy the journey. Sometimes there are unexpected suprises when we take the long route :D

This new clinic you found sounds like one of those unexpected suprises! It sounds better than the OCC actually. I am tempted to ask for a referal and buy a plane ticket. Anyway, please post information about it when you get the chance.

Beth,

I am so glad you are back on track and just remember this is not a race and just enjoy the journey. Sometimes there are unexpected suprises when we take the long route :D

This new clinic you found sounds like one of those unexpected suprises! It sounds better than the OCC actually. I am tempted to ask for a referal and buy a plane ticket. Anyway, please post information about it when you get the chance.

They really are awesome. He explained everything to me. What I was seeing on the X-ray, why certain foods go down and why others don't, how to avoid certain problems, etc. Can't wait to go back!

Weight Loss Surgical Center

8101 W 135th St.

Overland Park, KS 66223

www.moreoflife.com

Phone: 913-541-0230

Fax: 913-492-0154

Main Office: 800-777-6812

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Beth! So glad to hear that your pouch is okay! Welcome back to restriction.. you will get that weight off in no time!! I am still adjusting to restriction since I just had my first fill 2weeks ago... very interesting! Actually had my first PBing experience today.. I hope it was the last!

I have also not got into a regular exercise routine so I feel you on the 17min!

We can do this!!!!! Good luck!!

Poor Mom is PBing left and right. I swear, if she doesn't call the clinic tomorrow, I'm gonna call Mitch (our fill dr) and tell on her, lol. I got home today and she said "I didn't throw up once today!" and I said "That's great! Did you eat solids?"

Her response: "I had cereal for breakfast and soup for lunch." Ummmm, yeah. You're TOO TIGHT, woman! Learn from my failure!

Hey Beth! So glad to hear that your pouch is okay! Welcome back to restriction.. you will get that weight off in no time!! I am still adjusting to restriction since I just had my first fill 2weeks ago... very interesting! Actually had my first PBing experience today.. I hope it was the last!

I have also not got into a regular exercise routine so I feel you on the 17min!

We can do this!!!!! Good luck!!