Hi, Girls!!

...And guys, too. :)

How's everybody doing? I have not been on the board in what seems like forever - but I have missed you guys! I thought once the holidays were over and my schedule got a little bit less crazy, I'd have more time to post and read. And then grad school started. dry.gif So, needless to say, I've not been around a lot. How were everyones' holidays? Mine were great - a lot of fun and family and travel - and, of course, food! I managed to, by some miracle, still lose a pound or two in those weeks, although I just would've been happy to maintain (it's really hard to make good choices at Cracker Barrel, I found! :P) I was getting a little bit obsessed with the scale there for a while, so I've decided that I'm not going to weigh until my birthday (June 5th) - but I can tell I'm losing - for those of you who don't know me yet - hi, I'm Deena and I'm 3 1/2 months post-op. The first photo below was taken about two weeks before my surgery, the second was taken about three days ago (complete with toothpaste splatters on my bathroom mirror - how embarrassing!) laugh.gif Sorry these are so huge - I wasn't quite sure how I could size them smaller!

275.jpg?t=1263567104

P1010055.jpg?t=1263567192

Hi Deena,

Congrats on the weightloss so far. I can see the difference from the two pics.

Glad to see ya on here again. Keep up the great work!

And keep us updated, because I know I love to see and read the changes that have happened for others. :)

Hugs,

Kristi

Hi, Janelle - nice to meet you! Welcome to this awesome journey - it has its ups and downs, but I think you're gonna be very glad you made this decision. :) As for my weight, I'm not sure what it is right now, but I'm gonna guess in the low 230's or upper 220's. That's fine by me - I'm hoping to see Onederland around my birthday - but, if not, that's ok, too. I'll just be pleased as punch not to be where I was in that first photo! laugh.gif

Kristi- speaking of hard work - you're lookin' great, girl! Look at you in your little black dress! This is the first time I've seen that photo! Thanks for your kind words, it is very nice to be back on the board - I've been away too long! biggrin.gif

...And guys, too. :)

How's everybody doing? I have not been on the board in what seems like forever - but I have missed you guys! I thought once the holidays were over and my schedule got a little bit less crazy, I'd have more time to post and read. And then grad school started. dry.gif So, needless to say, I've not been around a lot. How were everyones' holidays? Mine were great - a lot of fun and family and travel - and, of course, food! I managed to, by some miracle, still lose a pound or two in those weeks, although I just would've been happy to maintain (it's really hard to make good choices at Cracker Barrel, I found! :P) I was getting a little bit obsessed with the scale there for a while, so I've decided that I'm not going to weigh until my birthday (June 5th) - but I can tell I'm losing - for those of you who don't know me yet - hi, I'm Deena and I'm 3 1/2 months post-op. The first photo below was taken about two weeks before my surgery, the second was taken about three days ago (complete with toothpaste splatters on my bathroom mirror - how embarrassing!) laugh.gif Sorry these are so huge - I wasn't quite sure how I could size them smaller!

275.jpg?t=1263567104

P1010055.jpg?t=1263567192

Looking good Deena :)

Thanks, ladies - I see everyone here is as supportive and kind as ever. :)

Carrie - thanks, I almost feel guilty for seeing that big a change since I have not working very hard over the holidays and my exercise got very sporadic there for a while. But, whatever, I'll take it anyway! I just went and looked at your gallery, and you are looking great, too, girl! :)

Theresa - nice to meet you and welcome to Bandland! Like I always tell everyone, it does have ups and downs, but all-in-all, I think you're gonna like it here. I was getting very frustrated at one point, because I am a slow loser (PCOS, not always perfect with exercise, either) - but when I look at my pictures from 4 months ago vs. now, I feel very happy with my progress. Good luck to you!

RevyD - thanks and same to you, Lady! 97 pounds!!! blink.gif Wow! You are my idol - have you been shopping at Old Navy, yet? In the NON plus sizes? laugh.gif Judging from your photo, that XXL is gonna swim on you, you're gonna have to go down to the XL! :) You look great!

Thanks, ladies - I see everyone here is as supportive and kind as ever. :)

Carrie - thanks, I almost feel guilty for seeing that big a change since I have not working very hard over the holidays and my exercise got very sporadic there for a while. But, whatever, I'll take it anyway! I just went and looked at your gallery, and you are looking great, too, girl! :)

Theresa - nice to meet you and welcome to Bandland! Like I always tell everyone, it does have ups and downs, but all-in-all, I think you're gonna like it here. I was getting very frustrated at one point, because I am a slow loser (PCOS, not always perfect with exercise, either) - but when I look at my pictures from 4 months ago vs. now, I feel very happy with my progress. Good luck to you!

RevyD - thanks and same to you, Lady! 97 pounds!!! blink.gif Wow! You are my idol - have you been shopping at Old Navy, yet? In the NON plus sizes? laugh.gif Judging from your photo, that XXL is gonna swim on you, you're gonna have to go down to the XL! :) You look great!

I have not shopped at Old Navy yet however I bought my first pair of large pants at Walmart and they actually fit. I actually did not try them on in the store and bought them as an incentive. You know I would hang them in the closet and that would inspire me to keep going. Well quess what i got home and put them on because i wanted to see how small they would be and voila they fit like a glove. I could not believe it. I am out of Penningtons sizes now and can shop in a regular store.

I always take pictures at the end of the move so when i do I will be posting again and I will wear the pants.

Deb