I Made It !!!!!!!!!

A little over 2 1/2 years later I lost more than my goal weight of 150 lbs. I now weigh 135. I am in the normal weight range which I have never been my whole life. Although now I feel my band has changed maybe from the weightloss? Not able to get food down as easy. I will make a trip to OCC maybe in Feb. or March. Weight has been coming off quickly the last several of months. I have had some soda but not much. So hope band has'nt slipped. Also been craving sugar.

• Like 2

A little over 2 1/2 years later I lost more than my goal weight of 150 lbs. I now weigh 135. I am in the normal weight range which I have never been my whole life. Although now I feel my band has changed maybe from the weightloss? Not able to get food down as easy. I will make a trip to OCC maybe in Feb. or March. Weight has been coming off quickly the last several of months. I have had some soda but not much. So hope band has'nt slipped. Also been craving sugar.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! and you look awesome there :)

IT DOESN'T SEEM UNCOMMON TO HAVE UNFILLS ONCE YOU HIT GOAL WEIGHT. DOLITTLE WAS CHECKING ON HOW THIS COMES ABOUT. I HAVE LESS IN THEN I DID ON MY FIRST FILL, GO FIGURE AND STILL HAVE RESTRICTION

Sueca,

Congrats on your success getting to goal.

That is a bummer that you are having issues with eating. It's a good thing you are gonna get everything checked out. Smart thing to do.

I saw that you put that you are cold all the time now that you are at 135.

I have noticed that I get very cold too easily.

What else have you noticed since getting to this weight?

What size did you start at, and at now?

Success stories are always awesome to read about.

Hugs,

Kristi

Thank you Kristi,

I was wearing a 3x or 24-26 and now I can wear a size 10 pant and medium top. I am glad I can sew so I can take in my clothes intead of having to purchase all new. 20 lbs of weight came off in the last 3-4 months.

Besides being freezing all the time, stopped snoring, stopped urinating 3 times per night, not out of breath at all.

Sue

Can I add to this list? With less fat on my butt it now gets really sore when I sit for along shift at work!!!

Sabrina:)

Thank you Kristi,

I was wearing a 3x or 24-26 and now I can wear a size 10 pant and medium top. I am glad I can sew so I can take in my clothes intead of having to purchase all new. 20 lbs of weight came off in the last 3-4 months.

Besides being freezing all the time, stopped snoring, stopped urinating 3 times per night, not out of breath at all.

Sue

Thanks Pammie,

Has DOLITTLE found an answer. It just makes sense that your stomach would shrink a bit and an adjustment would be needed. Sue

I'm still working on this with Inamed/Allergan, I'm supposed to be getting a new contact person and it seems she's the head of everything. My old contact person retired. I've been told we're supposed to chat next week sometime. We'll see.

• 1 month later...

I really blew it!!

I was completely restricted probably since Late Dec. maybe even Nov. Nothing was going down not even my medicines were absorbing I have been on for 20+ years . Made a apt. at OCC Feb. 25. I was dehydrated and weak and extremely tired. Flouroscope showed my upper stomach was a little stretched so had to be unfilled completely. Must be on liquids for 8 days plus Mylanta. Have to give stomach time to heal and if it doesn't I will have to have band removed. It has been 7 days and I feel so much better and have put back on 20 good lbs of liquid. (in one week) I should have went in earlier but didn't think it was serious. Now I know. Listen up everyone. DO NOT WAIT. If you think something is wrong it probably is. Dr. Ortiz came out to say hello and said I was lucky and to take care of myself. It's kinda nice not having any restriction. I don't have to worry about anything coming back up. I will be very careful though. Sue

I really blew it!!

I was completely restricted probably since Late Dec. maybe even Nov. Nothing  was going down not even my medicines were absorbing I have been on for 20+ years .  Made a apt. at OCC Feb. 25. I was dehydrated and weak and extremely tired. Flouroscope showed my upper stomach was a little stretched so had to be unfilled completely. Must be on liquids for 8 days plus Mylanta. Have to give stomach time to heal and if it doesn't I will have to have band removed. It has been 7 days and I feel so much better and have put back on 20 good lbs of liquid. (in one week) I should have went in earlier but didn't think it was serious. Now I know.  Listen up everyone. DO NOT WAIT. If you think something is wrong it probably is.  Dr. Ortiz came out to say hello  and said I was lucky and to take care of myself.  It's kinda nice not having any restriction. I don't have to worry about anything coming back up. I will be very careful though.    Sue

Sue thanks for taking the time to post this. When everyones focus is so much on weight loss it's good to hear that some weight loss is not healthy and to make sure to pay close attention to our bodies.

Thank you Kristi,

Sue

This is wonderful.. .snoring makes me feel really insecure when i fall asleep with my bf.. i never used to snore before,well that's until i gained about 80lbs.. im so happy for you. i can't wait to be on my way to my success... im going to the gym after work...thank you for writing this.

THAT is terrific...

Can you post the top 5 things that you have learned from the band...

Kim rolleyes.gif

1. Do not ever take it for granted.

2. Always remember it's an amazing TOOL that you must always use correctly.

3. Follow the guidlines and listen to your band and re-read book "Lapband for Life"

4. Use floroscopy because seeing my band working live gives me a visual confirmation.

5. Be aware that the band can change as your body changes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

(((((((((((((((((Sueca)))))))))))))))))))

That is wonderful to hear. You look amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

robbynnoel

Thank you.

Am going back for fill on Wed. 14th. I hope my stomach is back to normal. I really need my tool!!! I back up to my goal weight of 150 lbs. but would like to lose 10 to 15 lbs. Thanks everyone

Thank you Kristi,

Sue

Congrats !!!! What an inspiration to all of us. I can't wait to be freezing all the time. Seems like I'm roasting day and night. (that might be my age too) I wished I knew how to sew to take up a few of my things so I don't have to buy things yet. I'm holding out until I lose more.

Thank you and let us know how OCC goes! Congrats again :wub:

• Like 1

Congrats !!!! What an inspiration to all of us. I can't wait to be freezing all the time. Seems like I'm roasting day and night. (that might be my age too) I wished I knew how to sew to take up a few of my things so I don't have to buy things yet. I'm holding out until I lose more.

Thank you and let us know how OCC goes! Congrats again :wub:

I'm doing the same thing! I want to buy some spring clothes, but I absolutely refuse to until I lose more weight!

• 7 months later...