Fibre, getting it the natural way

Lindsay

I've been turned off of the powder fibre supplements I've been ingesting lately, and haven't found them to have fabulous results ...

So I picked up a pack of pitted PRUNES from the grocery store.

AntiOx4.jpg

TMI Warning//

Since my last adjustment, I haven't been having nearly enough BM's .... and my digestion has been slowed down.

Now, about prunes -

They're not nearly as nasty I remember them being (as a child), and after finally getting down 2 prunes over the course of the evening, I wondered if anything would happen in the 'digestive' department!

I woke up this morning, starting my day with a BM! ;)

(it's the little things, isn't it?!) :lol:

I was shocked at how quickly these things worked - and I recommend anyone who's fighting to get enough fibre into there diet to add a couple of prunes every day. They really get things goin' again!

• Like 2

Hey Lindsay - I used this little bugers while I was preggo. They really did help things move along! I got sick of them though....not sure I can stomach them yet....maybe I will give it a whirl, it would be a nice snack during the day.

Great idea!

I've been turned off of the powder fibre supplements I've been ingesting lately, and haven't found them to have fabulous results ...

So I picked up a pack of pitted PRUNES from the grocery store.

AntiOx4.jpg

TMI Warning//

Since my last adjustment, I haven't been having nearly enough BM's .... and my digestion has been slowed down.

Now, about prunes -

They're not nearly as nasty I remember them being (as a child), and after finally getting down 2 prunes over the course of the evening, I wondered if anything would happen in the 'digestive' department!

I woke up this morning, starting my day with a BM! wink.gif

(it's the little things, isn't it?!) laugh.gif

I was shocked at how quickly these things worked - and I recommend anyone who's fighting to get enough fibre into there diet to add a couple of prunes every day. They really get things goin' again!

Hey Lindsey, thanks. I will give them a try. The hard part will be keeping my hubby out of them and believe you me, he does not need them. Baaahaaahaa! Something natural will be nice to have.

• Like 1

Hey Lindsey, thanks. I will give them a try. The hard part will be keeping my hubby out of them and believe you me, he does not need them. Baaahaaahaa! Something natural will be nice to have.

oh yes! thanx for the reminder.. i've also been having problems with my BM's and... welll love these.. i also started having flax seed (ground) it's really good for you... look it up. i add it to my yogurt or cereal..

oh yes! thanx for the reminder.. i've also been having problems with my BM's and... welll love these.. i also started having flax seed (ground) it's really good for you... look it up. i add it to my yogurt or cereal..

Hey widdlee, where do you get ground flax seed? I know this is supposed to be a substatue for Omega 3 fish oils (I'm allergic to fish) so that sound like something I could do as well.

Thanks!

i recently got mine shipped from mexico, but i've bought it at my local (latino) supermarket... if you have one in your area... it's usually in the fruit section... but im sure you can find it at regular supermarkets that carry latino products... it's sold in a pouch... and it's called NOPALINAZA... if you can't find it, let me know... i'll send you one from out here..

• Like 1

i recently got mine shipped from mexico, but i've bought it at my local (latino) supermarket... if you have one in your area... it's usually in the fruit section... but im sure you can find it at regular supermarkets that carry latino products... it's sold in a pouch... and it's called NOPALINAZA... if you can't find it, let me know... i'll send you one from out here..

thanks girl, I'll check that out and let you know if I can find it.

You know I have never tried prunes - always had a bad rap in the taste dept. I really need help though so I might try them out. Thanks!

I'm giving up dairy for lent (sorta) so i'm hoping that will help my situation a lot. I'm not completely giving it up, but quite a bit. If a recipe calls for milk or butter in it i'll still do that, but not having anything with cheese on/in it in terms of mac & cheese, pizza, lasagna, etc..and anything that comes w/ it i'm asking for it off. So my favorite pintos and cheese will just be pintos from now on! Wish me luck!