Just Had My Surgery

I sure appreciate all of you that have taken the time to respond back to me, it is nice to hear it seems I have nothing to worry about.

I also would like to ask any that would like to reply back.

What is the one thing that you were not aware of that you had wished someone would of told you about before your surgery?

For instance: Someone told me they wished they knew they would be sleeping on their back for a week.

Hey Rhonda,

There's also a hotel that is about 5 min away from OCC and 5 min from the border. It's called Lucerna and also I'm planning on going down to TJ alone and don't plan on doing much site seeing. So I'm not too concerned with any issues around town.

-Bianca

Bianca,

Good to see you, see I'm getting better at this, now if I can just learn to type better...

So good to see you today, how did you day go today?

I've been doing good today just working :) trying to make sure everything is finished before I leave town :)

I never felt unsafe there and would do it all over again! The only thing I did not like was going to Revolution Ave. They harassed you to buy stuff and I was just not having it. I was in more pain that most people describe and I snapped on a guy that would not leave me alone and told him his sunglasses were ugly and I didn't want any! :) I would have just chilled @ the hotel and I also would have taken a heating pad.

I had no issues our trip across the border was super easy. OCC had plenty of English speaking TV stations but the hotel only had like 2 or 3 so had to watch a Sunset Tan marathon. But it was fun watching my Notre Dame Fighting Irish football in Spanish! :)

• 2 weeks later...

The doctors were awesome, professional, approachable and friendly (and gorgeous omg!!). I was able to get my questions easily answered. I don't know if the Dr. Soh (So) spent the night but he was there late at night and early in the morning. The nurse installed my IV on the inside of my left hand below my thumb and she did it so well that it was nearly painless. It was the best place for an IV and I'll ask for that should i ever need another. I've ALWAYS had problems with IVs. Nurses have blown vein after vein until they finally call in the anesthesiologist.

I don't recommend trying to leave early. I was able to sleep comfortably, had English tv, and quick access to medical care if I needed it. The latter being most important. The nurses checked on me, gave me meds. fed me juice broth and popsicles, and were there if I needed them. They weren't hovering over me but were there if I needed them.

NOTHING was sub-par and just about everything was better than what I've experienced here in the US. And the place is spotless. Was there anything in particular you were concerned about?

Hi,

I noticed you had a similar BMI as myself. Is the weight coming off like you expected? Are you glad you had the surgery? I feel like such a failure that I can't get 40 lbs off. Resorting to "extreme" measures as surgery makes me feel a little ashamed. I have been struggling with this weight for almost 20 years and have finally decide to do something about it. How is the liquid phase? I am very concerned about that part of program. Please give me tips on getting thru that part. Any thing you could suggest about pre or post surgery?? Thanks. Kim

Hi,

I noticed you had a similar BMI as myself. Is the weight coming off like you expected? Are you glad you had the surgery? I feel like such a failure that I can't get 40 lbs off. Resorting to "extreme" measures as surgery makes me feel a little ashamed. I have been struggling with this weight for almost 20 years and have finally decide to do something about it. How is the liquid phase? I am very concerned about that part of program. Please give me tips on getting thru that part. Any thing you could suggest about pre or post surgery?? Thanks. Kim

The liquid phase was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. In the beginning I lived on gatorade which probably wasn't the best of ideas, but it's always been a comfort for me when I'm sick and on the mend since I was a small child. I made a creamy potato soup that I blended until smooth and ate that every night for dinner for almost a week. Campbell's soup at hands were perfect sizes...my favorite was Tomato Parmesan Bisque (only available at Target and Food Lion around here) they also have Creamy Tomato and Creamy Chicken that are good too. At then end I also made a Brocolli and Cheese soup that I blended. Oh, and I found a Progresso Creamy Tomato Basil that I loved! Also, the activa peach drinkable yogurts are very good and I hate yogurt! That's mostly how I got through - except for the jello that I found out at the end was considered a solid and illegal so to speak! :o

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...