Just Had My Surgery

For those considering this I just wanted to let you know that I had my surgery a few hours ago and I'm feeling great. I won't be running any marathons but I'm walking around and eating popsicles. I'm a little sore but not at all as bad as I expected. Anesthesia wore off quick. I do want a little nap but other than that it's all good.

:) I DID IT! Well, with the help of Dr. Ortiz and staff.

Be blessed. I know I have.

For those considering this I just wanted to let you know that I had my surgery a few hours ago and I'm feeling great. I won't be running any marathons but I'm walking around and eating popsicles. I'm a little sore but not at all as bad as I expected. Anesthesia wore off quick. I do want a little nap but other than that it's all good.

Congrats! Now drop that popsicle and go have a drink back at the hotel :D

Hi Kim! Congrats. Steve here with my wife Eriko. I opted to leave the center at 4pm and I am currently in the hotel room now. Had some chicken broth. I am amazed at the lack of pain and how fast the whole experience was. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sweet! A cyber high five coming your way. Glad to hear you are doing great! Welcome to Band Land and your new life. And yes, the Popsicle are wonderful, along with the staff. Keep walking, or better yet walk with your popsicle! Your going to do great....keep us post, girlfriend!

Kristi, I look forward to us doing lunch sometime. Sounds like fun!

I'm doing pretty good except I seem to have caught a cold. Trust me, sneezing isn't fun and coughing less so. :P Ugh. Other than that I'm good. I'm not really hungry at all. I just want to eat cuz I wanna eat. I need to tame that monster. It's just a bad habit, eating just because.

I have recently scheduled my surgery and am nervous and excited. How was the care there?

I have recently scheduled my surgery and am nervous and excited. How was the care there?

The doctors were awesome, professional, approachable and friendly (and gorgeous omg!!). I was able to get my questions easily answered. I don't know if the Dr. Soh (So) spent the night but he was there late at night and early in the morning. The nurse installed my IV on the inside of my left hand below my thumb and she did it so well that it was nearly painless. It was the best place for an IV and I'll ask for that should i ever need another. I've ALWAYS had problems with IVs. Nurses have blown vein after vein until they finally call in the anesthesiologist.

I don't recommend trying to leave early. I was able to sleep comfortably, had English tv, and quick access to medical care if I needed it. The latter being most important. The nurses checked on me, gave me meds. fed me juice broth and popsicles, and were there if I needed them. They weren't hovering over me but were there if I needed them.

NOTHING was sub-par and just about everything was better than what I've experienced here in the US. And the place is spotless. Was there anything in particular you were concerned about?

• 2 weeks later...

So any issues with going into Tijuanna?

Do you have any regrets to date?

Rhumba1212 from Alaska

NO REGRETS AT ALL AND I HAVE HAD ALL MY FILLS DONE THERE THEY ARE THE BEST IN THIS FIELD NO PROBLEMS

CROSSING THE BOARDER OR AT THE DOCTORS OFFICE ITS THE BEST THING i EVER DID FOR MYSELF

HOPE THIS HELPS

JANET

Thanks so much ladies for your response back to me. That makes me feel so much better. I seem to be getting the concern from others about going to Mexico to have this procedure done.

This is exactly why I chose not to tell anyone as they tend to play into the media hype.

I had a lot of people warn me about Tijuana, but most of them haven't ever been there! It just sounds scary to them!

We flew to the San Diego airport, were picked up in baggage claim, and taken across the border in the OCC van. Have your passport handy in case you need it, but both times I've been down we were stopped, the driver talked to the border agent, they looked in the back at our suitcases, and let us go through. It was a lot fast going from US to Mexico than vice versa--that one takes a little longer!

I have no regrets going down there. As you stated, pretty much everyone is impressed with the facility--it's clean, the staff professional, etc. We also found the Marriott fine and went to Revolutionary Road and Rosarita Beach with no problems. The only thing is, I wouldn't advise going to Revolutionary Road at night, we were warned against that. Anyway, we never had any reason to fear--everyone was friendly. I think you need to use caution and if you're nervous, stay around the hotel, but really, once you get down there, you're in the OCC's hands and they do all the transports and you're totally safe.

I sure appreciate all of you that have taken the time to respond back to me, it is nice to hear it seems I have nothing to worry about.

I also would like to ask any that would like to reply back.

What is the one thing that you were not aware of that you had wished someone would of told you about before your surgery?

For instance: Someone told me they wished they knew they would be sleeping on their back for a week.