Paranoia is setting in

Ok, so I'm 16 days post-op and am very paranoid about causing a slipped band before I even get started. Like did I chug my gatorade the first few days too quickly and is that why I threw up on day 4 - did I cause damage? Is my cream of potato soup after pureed still too thick? Basically, I'm scared of causing damage by accident or ignorance. I hope I'm normal to have these fears...anyone else have/had them?

I guess that is the biggest reason I'm going back for my first fill to do under fluoro. I'm such a worry wart!wacko.gif

Ok, so I'm 16 days post-op and am very paranoid about causing a slipped band before I even get started. Like did I chug my gatorade the first few days too quickly and is that why I threw up on day 4 - did I cause damage? Is my cream of potato soup after pureed still too thick? Basically, I'm scared of causing damage by accident or ignorance. I hope I'm normal to have these fears...anyone else have/had them?

I guess that is the biggest reason I'm going back for my first fill to do under fluoro. I'm such a worry wart!wacko.gif

Just remind yourself that this device was created to be in place where it is and that it has to be able to withstand a bit more than you may give it credit for.

Doesn't sound to me like you've done a lot of much to have it slip - it's not like you downed an entire pizza 2 days after surgery :)

I agree with B2010. I also get paranoid too. I was under the impression that sugar free jello was part of the diet and had some the first few days. I freaked out when I was told it wasn't. I wrote Dr. O thinking I had just flushed several thousand dollars down the drain. He told me I should be fine but they'll check when I get my fill. I guess Jello used to be ok and some centers still call it a clear liquid. But I wanted to follow everything perfectly. I also thought that creamy soups started the same day as drinkable yogurt. again.. WRONG! But was told I probably didn't do any damage. So, I know how you feel but I think we'll be good. I'm sure people hesitate to say, "Don't worry, I had a bite of hamburger and I've lost 100lbs" because then that would encourage people to cheat and for some that would make the band slip. What we know is that if you follow the plan, your chances of success are greater. Why risk a bite?

And whatever you do... don't think "oh well, I blew it already" and sabotage yourself. How many times have I done that on a diet? I'm getting fluro too at OCC. When are you going down?

I asked my fill doctor the same thing. He said if you slipped you would know it. You would be in great pain and not able to get things down. He said "slipping" isn't realy a good way to think of it, instead it is more of a pinching off. He said many people worry needlessly.

hehehe!

i remember being really scared of this too!

Then I read more on what a slipped band would feel like, and realized that I wasn't nearly in that sort of situation.

As mentioned about, the band isn't quite that delicate :)

I agree with B2010. I also get paranoid too. I was under the impression that sugar free jello was part of the diet and had some the first few days. I freaked out when I was told it wasn't. I wrote Dr. O thinking I had just flushed several thousand dollars down the drain. He told me I should be fine but they'll check when I get my fill. I guess Jello used to be ok and some centers still call it a clear liquid. But I wanted to follow everything perfectly. I also thought that creamy soups started the same day as drinkable yogurt. again.. WRONG! But was told I probably didn't do any damage. So, I know how you feel but I think we'll be good. I'm sure people hesitate to say, "Don't worry, I had a bite of hamburger and I've lost 100lbs" because then that would encourage people to cheat and for some that would make the band slip. What we know is that if you follow the plan, your chances of success are greater. Why risk a bite?

And whatever you do... don't think "oh well, I blew it already" and sabotage yourself. How many times have I done that on a diet? I'm getting fluro too at OCC. When are you going down?

WAIT A MINUTE...I CAN'T HAVE JELLO?! OH NO, ADD IT TO THE LIST! :(

Thanks everyone for the words of reassurance! Like I said, I'm a worry wart. I get it honestly from my dad! hehe

BrownEyedGirl - I'm thinking about going down about mid-April for my first fill. The flights are a little cheaper if I wait a couple of weeks after Easter. Do you know when you are going?

Thanks again! I feel much better!! :P

BrownEyedGirl - I'm thinking about going down about mid-April for my first fill. The flights are a little cheaper if I wait a couple of weeks after Easter. Do you know when you are going?

lols @ the jello slip up.

I'm not sure when I'm going. I just asked Janellody the same thing. If she goes to OCC for her fill maybe we can all go together. I want to keep going down and getting my picture taken with the sombrero, zarape, and the lucy the donkey. I wish I had shown more of my "before" body. I hid under the zarape. I plan on having a progression of down to the skinny me.

So far I have great restriction, but then I'm still swollen. Hopefully, by week 6 I won't be so hungry that I want to eat everything in sight.

Let's all try to plan it together.

lols @ the jello slip up.

I'm not sure when I'm going. I just asked Janellody the same thing. If she goes to OCC for her fill maybe we can all go together. I want to keep going down and getting my picture taken with the sombrero, zarape, and the lucy the donkey. I wish I had shown more of my "before" body. I hid under the zarape. I plan on having a progression of down to the skinny me.

So far I have great restriction, but then I'm still swollen. Hopefully, by week 6 I won't be so hungry that I want to eat everything in sight.

Let's all try to plan it together.

I'd love to try to plan to go together! Keep me posted on that!

I'm with you - if it weren't for the swelling and the restriction that goes along with it, I'd be in trouble, but so far so good! The smells of real food sometimes kill me, but I'm definitely on the downhill stretch now! You are even closer!!

Ok next30 years (I'll go by the initial D. on the forum) looks like you and me in TJ. Let me know when you're going and I'll set my appointment too. First day on solids. My hubby will probably go too.

Have been eating my breakfast for about 10 minutes and am so scared. I'm taking a break from it now.

Ok next30 years (I'll go by the initial D. on the forum) looks like you and me in TJ. Let me know when you're going and I'll set my appointment too. First day on solids. My hubby will probably go too.

Have been eating my breakfast for about 10 minutes and am so scared. I'm taking a break from it now.

D. - I'm thinking about arriving on April 15th (fill on 15 or 16 depending on arrival time)and leaving on the 17th. I'd go the week earlier but airfare is about $100 more and I can't justify it! But let me check with my husband first, I'd love for him to be able to go! I'll let you know by a PM in the next day or two for sure. OK?