It's been a long, long time!

I haven't been here in a long time. I was banded April 26th.2007 at 240 lbs. (I'm 5'2",lost 20 lbs.before surgery!). I'm happy to say that I'm at my goal weight of 138 lbs. I'm haven't had a fill since Oct. So I was thinking that with summer coming on maybe I should get my band tweaked. You know have it checked. My husband said to leave well enough alone! My qestion I quess is what is the longest you have gone before you seen your Dr. again? The last fill was at the Fill Center in St. Petersburg, Fl.

Kelly C.

I haven't been here in a long time. I was banded April 26th.2007 at 240 lbs. (I'm 5'2",lost 20 lbs.before surgery!). I'm happy to say that I'm at my goal weight of 138 lbs. I'm haven't had a fill since Oct. So I was thinking that with summer coming on maybe I should get my band tweaked. You know have it checked. My husband said to leave well enough alone! My qestion I quess is what is the longest you have gone before you seen your Dr. again? The last fill was at the Fill Center in St. Petersburg, Fl.

Kelly C.

Are you gaining weight or having any problems with the band? I've only had mine since Jan, so I can't comment on the longevity issue, but it seems to me since you're at your goal weight and unless you're having problems, there doesn't seem to be a reason to get the band checked.

Congratulations, by the way, on your AWESOME weight loss!!! I hope to be where you are someday!

I am in the same line of thought as Jill. If it's not broke don't fix it. Personally I've come to understand that a little tweak goes a long way and can often times be to much. If you are at goal and not having an issues, leave the band to do her job.

Congrats on your success and it will be interesting to see what others have to say!

Kelly C.

I don't have any experience with a fill yet. I just wanted to say CONGRATS!

Thank you for your time and in put. I've been at the same wieght since Dec. I'm not putting on weight. That is a good thing. I'll just leave well enough alone for now. For all of you that is new to your lapband, it will take time to lose the weight. I didn't get many fills I done this very slowly. I've read were some have lost weight fast and had problems with food issues and bad fills. Take your time let your body get use to the weight lost, you didn't gain it over night. It has taken me 3 yrs. to get were I'm at but, that was my choice not a bad lapband!! I love my lapband it saved my life. I wasn't in great health, and looking at a short life span. I'm so much better now. So don't give up. Hang in there!

Kelly C.

Just wanted to say, if really don't need a fill then don't get one. I just spent two miserable weeks before I conceded and got an unfill. I too just wanted to tweak the band when I should have paid better attention to my diet and exercise. Like you my hubby was opposed to the fill and I suffered two weeks with reflux, unable to eat or drink, because I didn't want to admit he had been right. So as much as it kills me to say this, listen to your husband.

(((((((((((((((Kelly)))))))))))))))

I'm so happy to hear that you are at your goal weight. I'm throwing confeti and blowing horns. Can you hear them from Texas? I'm so pleased for your success. Thank you for this post.

xo

Kelly C.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say, if really don't need a fill then don't get one. I just spent two miserable weeks before I conceded and got an unfill. I too just wanted to tweak the band when I should have paid better attention to my diet and exercise. Like you my hubby was opposed to the fill and I suffered two weeks with reflux, unable to eat or drink, because I didn't want to admit he had been right. So as much as it kills me to say this, listen to your husband.

Kelly C.

DR ORTIZ RECOMMENDS THAT AT THE 2 YEAR MARK TO HAVE AN ENDOSCOPY DONE

Congrats on your success that is fantastic!!!! I was going to go in not for a fill, but just to have them check things out at the 1 yr mark, but right about that time I had too much stress I needed an unfill so I was in for that. At the 2 yr mark I plan on going in again just for a check up to make sure all is well. Just makes me feel better knowing it's all good in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say if you have hit goal, don't touch a thing

I haven't had my band checked since April of 2009, so I am heading in next Friday for a checkup and potential fill as I am on the last 30 lbs to get off. Once I hit goal, I am taking Dr. Os advice and only doing a check every few years.